Police Reviewing Bus Monitor Bullying Video

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Greece, N.Y. - Greece Police are deciding if a group of Greece Athena Middle school students will be charged after cell phone video shows a group of kids on a school bus bullying and threatening a school bus monitor.

You can see some students on camera and hear others off camera taunting the woman about her weight.

The students also talk about threatening to go over to the bus monitor's house and steal from her.

Greece Central School District has asked YouTube to take down the video.

Spokeswoman Laurel Heiden said their bullying response and prevention team was activated and all students involved will face disciplinary action.
Greece Police are questioning four middle school students and will decide if charges will be filed in juvenile court.

It's unclear when this incident happened.

The Greece School District said the bus monitor is Karen Klein, who has worked there for 20 years and became a bus monitor about three years ago.

13WHAM's Patrice Walsh spoke with Klein Wednesday afternoon. She said the comment that hurt the most was when the kids said "you're so ugly your kid should kill themselves." Her son took his life 10 years ago.

original NSFW video of these punks:

Making The Bus Monitor Cry - YouTube

related update:

Video Of Middle Schoolers Mocking Bus Monitor Is The Most Unpleasant Thing You’ll See Today (UPDATE)

http://www.mediaite.com/online/vide...is-the-most-unpleasant-thing-youll-see-today/

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Somewhat of a good ending to this though.

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/a...of-bus-monitor-bullied-by-students-goes-viral

"Tens of thousands of dollars have been raised online for an elderly upstate New York bus monitor who was taunted and verbally abused by students.

The incident was captured in a 10 minute video posted to YouTube showing Karen Klein trying her best to ignore the stream of profanity, insults and outright threats directed at her.

By early Wednesday the video had gone viral.

Klein told the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle that she “was just trying to ignore them and hope they would go away.”

The Greece Athena Middle School bus monitor didn’t report the incident, but school officials notified police when they learned of the incident. An investigation has been launched.

By Thursday, the international crowd funding site Indiegogo.com had raised over $120,000 to send the grandmother on a vacation."

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
in that situation, if I had been armed, I don't know if I would have been able to maintain control of my rage at these punks.
its too bad that the bus didn't have full hd 1080p cameras.:( they might have to include security guards on the bus as well.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Such an awful event. These kids had no mercy whatsoever. Even when she was crying they ramped it up.

I know it is juvenile and immature for me to say it... but counter bullying would be so nice for these kids.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Such an awful event. These kids had no mercy whatsoever. Even when she was crying they ramped it up.

I know it is juvenile and immature for me to say it... but counter bullying would be so nice for these kids.

They should have been thrown off the bus but in my opinion, probably not legal to do so though.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I just hope that she will be left alone and protected the next time she gets on the bus.

I hope she uses the money for a nice quiet retirement away from those snot nosed brats.

And to hire some really big scary looking guy to replace her as the bus monitor. :)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
It was a cool morning when me and my buddies made our way to the pond by the pulp mill. As soon as we got to the edge of the water we noticed the company boat was adrift in the middle.

We began fishing anyways...

As usual, the watchman came along eventually to shoo us away. When he noticed the boat in the middle of the pond, he accused us of setting it adrift, and demanded one of us swim out an get it.

Me being me, piped of with "**** off".

He immediately slapped me across the face.

In shock, we all ran to our respective homes.

When I came through the door, my Grandfather, the watchman's boss, notice the red hand print on my face, asked, "Where did you get that?"

"From the watchman at the mill, because I wouldn't swim out and get the boat he said we set free."

He stood up, grabbed me by the collar, threw me in the truck, and sped off to the mill.

When we got there, the watchman was in his shack at the gate, recognizing my Grandfathers truck he met him in the lane way.

Angry, my Grandfather slammed on the brakes, jumped out and demanded to know what the man was thinking striking me.

The watchman explained, as I stood next to my Grandfather. When he told my Grandfather what really happened. He back handed the other side of my face.

Then told me to apologize to the man. It was one of only two times my Grandfather ever raised his hand to me.

I never spoke to an adult like that again. In fact, I still refer to my elders as ma'am and sir.

WLDB

Senate Member
Jun 24, 2011
Ottawa
Strange how when they do it to an adult the law enforcement is on it but when they do this or worse to each other there is no reaction from anyone.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Strange how when they do it to an adult the law enforcement is on it but when they do this or worse to each other there is no reaction from anyone.

That's because everyone in law enforcement is an adult and they can all empathize with her.

Nobody really likes teenagers. ;)

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
the judge should make an example out of these kids. here is some measures
he could take. First all kids involved repeat the year in school they are now
taking. For added measure, each child be fined a minimum of five thousand
dollars. In addition they would face one school year of house arrest meaning
they could go to school and that is it.
Harsh? Don't think so, as many judges make each sentence more difficult.
If direct consequences come down on those involved it might work
If any of these little pukes were mine they would have an awful time for a long time.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
They are kids if the monitor can't handle the taunts she should work somewhere else.
Now what do you think would have happened if she told the kids off she knew she was being taped that monitor would have been fired on the spot.

It's time to install big brother cameras on the bus and the kids will behave but the school board is too cheap to spend the money

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
She should have went Chuck Norris on them,grab the closest one and just start pounding on him.
A good hard slap right across the chops would have shut him up.
Maybe a kick in the nads thrown in for good measure.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
She should have went Chuck Norris on them,grab the closest one and just start pounding on him.
A good hard slap right across the chops would have shut him up.
Maybe a kick in the nads thrown in for good measure.
Spending a lot of time in the bush?