HBO apologizes for putting George W. Bush's head on stake in 'Game of Thrones'

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
It's all about ratings eh. Attention-whoring, Madonnaesque and being 'provocative' or 'edgy' I suppose. Maybe they can hang Barry from a tree next. Whatever...it's still pretty lame.

LOS ANGELES -

HBO has apologized for using a model head of former President George W. Bush in a grisly decapitation scene for its hit drama "Game of Thrones."

The tenth episode of the first season of "Game of Thrones," now out on DVD, features the younger Bush's head on a stake.

Commentary on the DVD notes that his head appears in a "couple of beheading scenes."

The show creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss stated that George W. Bush's was used as physical inspiration to create a head for a scene in which King Joffrey shows Sansa Stark her deceased father's head on a stick.

"It's not a choice, not a political statement!" one of the writers insisted during the DVD commentary. "We just had to use what heads we had around."

HBO did not respond to FOXNews.com's request for comment, but as outrage mounted Wednesday, the network released a statement saying they were "deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste." HBO also said the scene would be removed from future DVD pressings.

The producers also attempted to explain the incident.

"We use a lot of prosthetic body parts on the show: heads, arms, etc. We can't afford to have these all made from scratch, especially in scenes where we need a lot of them, so we rent them in bulk," their statement read.

"After the scene was already shot, someone pointed out that one of the heads looked like George W. Bush. In the DVD commentary,

we mentioned this, though we should not have. We meant no disrespect to the former President and apologize if anything we said or did suggested otherwise."

Read more: HBO

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
That show plays out like it was written by a 13 year old nerd, and comes off as directed at the same demographic.

HBO should apologize for more than just misguided props.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
That show plays out like it was written by a 13 year old nerd, and comes off as directed at the same demographic.

HBO should apologize for more than just misguided props.
And falsely showing that people were all good looking back then,if they'd looked at some of the arts,they'd see that many looked like crap :lol:

Too bad no chicks will let you touch them dude ;)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
enlighten us.. what do you find entertaining and watch on TV.. when you're not here
Nothing as purile as that nonsense.

I actually have a wife, with boobs I can play with, and unlike you, I don't have to pay for the pleasure, perv little girls from afar or fantasize about them watching some silly show on HBO, lol.

When I do watch TV, I watch shows like Deadliest Catch or Wild Justice.

Trolling trolls like me..
FIFY.

which does not give you much time for TV, or a job, or a life.
Geezus, you could at least learn to tell time, even downsyndrom kids learn to tell time. I'm on line in the evenings, for 2 to 4 hours max. With wifi, I can be anywhere in the house, or on the deck.

I'm really getting tired of having to explain these simple things to you. The humour in watching you embarrass yourself makes up for it though.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Nothing as purile as that nonsense.

I actually have a wife, with boobs I can play with, and unlike you, I don't have to pay for the pleasure, perv little girls from afar or fantasize about them watching some silly show on HBO, lol.

When I do watch TV, I watch shows like Deadliest Catch or Wild Justice.

FIFY.

Geezus, you could at least learn to tell time, even downsyndrom kids learn to tell time. I'm on line in the evenings, for 2 to 4 hours max. With wifi, I can be anywhere in the house, or on the deck.

I'm really getting tired of having to explain these simple things to you. The humour in watching you embarrass yourself makes up for it though.

Actually the humor is in actually watching you defend your lifestyle. lol That's has to be embarrassing for ya.. tisk tisk

So you're not Gay, dam your actions had me fooled.. you played the part so well.

Deadliest Catch or Wild Justice, really.. let me guess Pawn Stars too... lol

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Actually the humor is in actually watching you defend your lifestyle.
Ummm, I'd ask if you understood the difference between defending and explaining. But at this point, it would be an effort in futility.

So you're not Gay, dam your actions had me fooled.. you played the part so well.
Are you aware of what the attempt at weaponizing homosexuality says about you?

D'oh! Look who I'm asking, of course you don't, lol.

Deadliest Catch or Wild Justice, really.. let me guess Pawn Stars too... lol
Nope, only the daft such as yourself watch crap like that.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Haven't watched the series and don't intend to since it will probably take Mr. Martin at least five years to finish writing the conclusion to the series (he habitually takes about 3 years to finish a book); but it seems to me that HBO has done what no one else was able to do - find a use for GW Bush's head.