Best Gore owner defends hosting alleged Luka Rocco Magnotta video

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Good.

The owner of an Edmonton website that carried the grisly video believed to be at the centre of the Luka Rocco Magnotta case says he hasn’t heard a word from police about the matter and scoffs at the possibility of being charged.

The video, titled “1 Lunatic 1 Ice Pick” and posted on the Best Gore website last week, shows a naked man tied to a bed in a dimly lit room with a poster of the movie Casablanca on the wall behind it. Another man wearing a dark hoodie begins stabbing the individual and a series of edits show the body eventually dismembered.

There were reports Tuesday out of Montreal that police are investigating the site with an eye to laying charges. There are provisions in the Criminal Code that deal with obscenity.

But in an email to The Canadian Press, site operator Mark Marek said he removed the video the day that police publicly identified Magnotta as a suspect.

“Up to this point, the police have not made contact with me. I removed the video on my own terms, not on the request by the police,” he wrote.

In a post on his website, he objected to any suggestion that obscenity charges may be laid.

He suggested making the video public allowed the Best Gore community to identify the suspect “days before the police” and exposed him for whom he is.

more

Luka Rocco Magnotta's alleged video host defends posting 1 Lunatic 1 Ice Pick on 'Best Gore' | News | National Post

Montreal cops have the full vid anyway.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
He should be donating all the profit he's making from posting that crap to the victim's family.