Infrastructure, Infrastructure and more Infrastructure

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Federal cash for roads, sewers to continue, minister pledges National infrastructure program, currently funded to 2014, will continue beyond

The president of the Federation of Canadian Municipalities says mayors across the country are relieved that the federal government has committed to extending a major infrastructure fund.

Infrastructure Minister Denis Lebel announced at the federation's annual convention in Saskatoon Friday that the seven-year, $33-billion fund begun in 2007 will continue past 2014.

Federation president Berry Vrbanovic says there was anxiety among the mayors over how the program was coming along.

Lebel said he will chair a series of roundtable discussions across the country over the summer to gather views from municipalities, corporations and the public on Canada's infrastructure needs.

Nuggler

kind and gentle
Feb 27, 2006
Backwater, Ontario.
That's great. And it's not even an election year.:canada:

Imagine the largesse we can expect to roll our way in a couple more.

I'd like a new gazebo in the back yard.

And a fake lake for my neighbour.

Yep.

:wav:

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
A guy I work with has several peahens (& a couple of peacocks), & he
says they eat way more bugs than the chickens or the ducks do.
Which makes me think,in cities like montreal,why don't they tell people why they should stop feeding the pidgeons,cause if they did i'm sure those birds might go eat all the damn annoying bugs.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Infrastructure is something that is used by every segment of society for the benefit
of society as a whole. The problem is in Canada we have allowed the infrastructure
to crumble in favor of low taxes and now the bills are coming due for upgrades from
every corner of the nation. Roads, bridges, sewer systems and a whole range of
other needs. I believe the government is doing the right thing here its in the national
interest