SPCA awaits forensic results from multiple cat killings

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
As the bodies of mutilated cats continue to turn up in a Vancouver suburb, the SPCA is waiting on the results of a forensic necropsy aimed at figuring out how the felines died.

Spokeswoman Lori Chortyk said Friday authorities sent a body for a forensic investigation about a month ago after the number of killings increased.

Twenty-four cat bodies have been discovered in the past year. The last two were found on Wednesday, and one of them was outside an elementary school.

A total of nine mutilated cats have turned up in the last two weeks.

"When they were happening last year, they weren't in these kinds of numbers," Chortyk said. "Normally, you're not sure if it's an animal ... sometimes a coyote bite can look similar.

"But by this spring, we thought there's something suspicious here."

The SPCA is considering bringing in bloodhounds to track any scents left at various locations around Maple Ridge.

Necropsy results expected in days

Chortyk said the SPCA is now certain the majority of the cats have been sliced in half by a knife or saw and deliberately placed where the owners would find them.

"One was placed under a missing cat poster, one was found in a trash bag put on the owner's porch," she said.

The necropsy, performed at a provincial government lab, should determine what exactly killed the cats, including whether they died before being cut in half.

The results are expected within days.

Heightened media attention over the past week has resulted in more public tips to the SPCA, and investigators are following up on them.

Chortyk said that although the SPCA takes the lead on animal abuse investigations, the agency will also call on the RCMP if any help is needed.

"If we had some more information that we didn't have the resources for, we would bring them in," Chortyk said. "I know two days ago when there was some body parts found at the elementary school, it was RCMP officers who looked through the woods."

The SPCA has only 25 officers for the entire province, and Chortyk said they are also dealing with many other cases.

Video: SPCA awaits forensic results from multiple cat killings - British Columbia - CBC News

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

They say this is how a person elevates from killing animals to humans.. hope they catch this sick clown soon..

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
It amazes me that there are so many sick f*cks walking the streets.

I hope they find the freak that does this and publish their name. The last time this happened in my neck of the woods, the guilty party nearly had to move away from his community because of the outcry and abuse he suffered

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

I hope they find the freak that does this and publish their name. The last time this happened in my neck of the woods, the guilty party nearly had to move away from his community because of the outcry and abuse he suffered

Would you be talking about this sick fu.ck??

Outrage after death of cat in microwave in Alberta | CTV News

2 Alberta teens plead guilty in microwaved cat case - Edmonton - CBC News

don't supposed he moved to Maple Ridge?? 8O

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Sadly, the case I'm talking about is here: Didsbury Dog Torture Case Information | Voice 4 Animals

When the story hit the news, people within a 100kms were traveling to the courthouse to rail at this jerk and to get pictures of him to send to everyone they knew with the story attached.

This jerk will never be able to live it down, but in the end, it doesn't do squat for the pooch that he tortured.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto

The SPCA the number one killer of animals should talk like the final solution they kill animals so they do not suffer.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Animals rights in Canada fall short of those in the United States.. The SPCA has lots more power and uses it south of the border..

I wish Canada would adopt stronger animal rights laws..

You betchya...... gotta be persecutin them thar animal killers.... can't be havin cats and dogs and bunnies killed left right an centre.... it's not like they were human baby's... these are important.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
You betchya...... gotta be persecutin them thar animal killers.... can't be havin cats and dogs and bunnies killed left right an centre.... it's not like they were human baby's... these are important.
Animal rights activists support abortions

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

Your sarcasm is unnecessary as you're the Liberal here as far a justice goes..

I would like stronger animal rights yes.. but how do you feel about murderers and child rapists gerryh?

I would like to see the death penalty for murderers and chemical castration and toss away the key for child rapist..

I bet you would like to treat these animals with Liberal justice.. everyone can be helped Liberal justice, and rehabilitate them and set them free.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Your sarcasm is unnecessary as you're the Liberal here as far a justice goes..

I would like stronger animal rights yes.. but how do you feel about murderers and child rapists gerryh?

I would like to see the death penalty for murderers and chemical castration and toss away the key for child rapist..

I bet you would like to treat these animals with Liberal justice.. everyone can be helped Liberal justice, and rehabilitate them and set them free.

Wow... you really are an idiot. I should listen to Bear more often.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Animal rights activists support abortions

Not really..

I'm sorta against abortions unless the women was raped and the unborn child threatens the life of the mother.

Wow... you really are an idiot. I should listen to Bear more often.

is this how you avoid answering the question tossing insults.. figures. Typical Libtard - call them a racist if you're going to lose the argument.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

Not really..

I'm sorta against abortions unless the women was raped and the unborn child threatens the life of the mother.

is this how you avoid answering the question tossing insults.. figures. Typical Libtard - call them a racist if you're going to lose the argument.

Fine dummy, I'll answer, for the millionth time on this board. I am pro life. That means I am against the killing of ANY human being. Be that through war, abortion, capital punishment, etc. As far as I am concerned, this thread and others like it show just how screwed up our society is when killing an animal is considered worse than killing a human.

By the way, dummy, most "libtards" are pro abortion.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Fine dummy, I'll answer, for the millionth time on this board. I am pro life. That means I am against the killing of ANY human being. Be that through war, abortion, capital punishment, etc. As far as I am concerned, this thread and others like it show just how screwed up our society is when killing an animal is considered worse than killing a human.

By the way, dummy, most "libtards" are pro abortion.

So you want to sling insults because I have a different opinion.. very mature of you.. just note you started with name calling..

It's interesting how we agree on pro-life. (accept where the life of the mother is in question or rape)

However, capital punishment... I think for people that the courts are 125% sure, such as serial murders, child killers, capital punishment should be considered.. everything else, life in prison.

I'm not totally cold blooded you know.

Back to animal rights.. we domesticate dogs and cats to rely on humans for food and shelter, yet some humans commit the ultimate in betrayal and torture and abuse animals, these most often escalate into human on human abuse and murder. Something you state you are against, yet do not want to curtail this at the earliest stages.

Abuse Connection - The Link Between Animal Cruelty and Interpersonal Violence | Pet-Abuse.Com Animal Cruelty Database

Animal cruelty linked with more serious crimes | Tails Of The City | an SFGate.com blog

Animal cruelty: A harbinger of more serious crimes - Baltimore Sun

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
some of the serial killers of the past were known, as children and teens, to have killed and mutilated

animals.

these acts are very disturbing, I hope they find the culpret very soon.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It's interesting how we agree on pro-life. (accept where the life of the mother is in question or rape)

However, capital punishment... I think for people that the courts are 125% sure, such as serial murders, child killers, capital punishment should be considered.. everything else, life in prison.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...-20110810_1_animal-shelter-cruelty-euthanized

No, we don't "agree" on "pro-life". You are, obviously, another one of those hypocrites that tosses around the term "pro-life" when all you are is "anti- abortion". The only "life" you feel should be saved is the unborn. Everybody else is up for grabs. People like you always seem to be able to find some excuse as to why it's alright to kill someone.

some of the serial killers of the past were known, as children and teens, to have killed and mutilated

animals.

these acts are very disturbing, I hope they find the culpret very soon.

Yup, and some serial killers and their supporters are just like the girl next door.

MapleDog

Time Out
Jun 1, 2012
St Calixte Quebec Canada
I think pro choice is possibly the best option,abortion in case of rape or if its a danger to the mother's life,its over the time when catholic priest told women what to do,but it should not be used as a form of contraception for jerks,there is enough other ways to prevent unwanted pregnancies.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
No, we don't "agree" on "pro-life". You are, obviously, another one of those hypocrites that tosses around the term "pro-life" when all you are is "anti- abortion". The only "life" you feel should be saved is the unborn. Everybody else is up for grabs. People like you always seem to be able to find some excuse as to why it's alright to kill someone.

eh?

O.K. so Robert Pickton locked up for life, when the fella should be executed for the killing of all those young girls..

You support this man living the rest of his years out in comfort at the expense of the Canadian tax payers..

Give me a break.. they should give him a comfortable seat in the chair below and pull the switch.

But it is ironic how you will defend Robert Pickton rights to live, a real animal, yet you don't want to strengthen the rights of helpless animals abused or killed by the same kind of sub-human.

It's o.k. to kill a rabid dog, Robert Pickton is nothing but a rabid dog and should be put down the the animal he is.

... and simple analogy of your logic.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
no...Pickton is a human. As much as you and others would like to divorce him and people like him from the human race, he is still human.

As for the pics you posted. Those 2 animals should have already been put down. Instead, some moron keeps their suffering going to garner brownie points from the mentally deficient.