And now, a few words from Drake

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Followed by a few more from T. Boone Pickens. :lol:

Drake is a stellar 25 year old Canadian rapper, who enjoys things like wine spritzers and $6,000 socks. T. Boone Pickens is an old white Texan oil billionaire, like something from a cartoon. Twitter just made their worlds crash. Drake, in a suitably Drake moment of self-reflection, tweeted that "The first million is the hardest." Helpful for the rest of us—apparently the dude has made some money? Are you impressed? T. Boone Pickens, who apparently follows Drake on Twitter, sure isn't, replying "The first billion is a helluva lot harder" with a mic-drop retweet.

At this point Drake's laptop screen probably exploded in his face, but he was able to reply with some (deserved) humility: "@boonepickens just stunted on me heavy." Yes he did.

There has never before been a point in history when a young black guy rich off of Canadian soap operas and luxury super-rap could exchange words with a quasi-eccentric super-rich octogenarian who loves wind power. Now they can—in public. And that, simply, is awesome. Moreover, Twitter has now peaked and concluded, so pack your things and stop reading. It's been fun!

The Most Magical Event in Twitter History Just Happened

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
I guess what's really cool, though I don't twizzy meself, is that even the proletariat can twirp at these cats.