Mulcair re-mortgages Hse 11 times, wtf ?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Since 1980, this guy has re mortgaged his house 11 times, all the way from $58k.
Just what gives here?? Most normal people would have their mortgages paid off since 1980, it was only $58k...
Both him and his wife are professionals drawing a professional salary...

Is this the kind of guy we want running our country, do you want him to keep remortgaging our country.. Wtf goes here???

Mulcair remortgaged home 11 times | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
No foreclosures? Mortgage is cheaper than a personal loan....
No it's not, a line of credit is cheaper, and if your going to use it as an investment, you can deduct the interest on your income tax. So it makes no sense to take out a larger mortgage unless your in financial trouble, and you can't get a line of credit..

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Since 1980, this guy has re mortgaged his house 11 times, all the way from $58k.
Just what gives here?? Most normal people would have their mortgages paid off since 1980, it was only $58k...
Both him and his wife are professionals drawing a professional salary...

Is this the kind of guy we want running our country, do you want him to keep remortgaging our country.. Wtf goes here???

Mulcair remortgaged home 11 times | Canada | News | Toronto Sun

Why is this a topic? Why is it any of our business how many times Mulcair remortgages his house. Do
you not think this is Mulcair's business and nobody else's?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Why is this a topic? Why is it any of our business how many times Mulcair remortgages his house. Do
you not think this is Mulcair's business and nobody else's?
No, he is a public figure and is paid with my tax money and he wants to run my country.
His capability and behavior, both public and private are my business. For those who don't like it, don't run for public office!!!

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
No, he is a public figure and is paid with my tax money and he wants to run my country.
His capability and behavior, both public and private are my business. For those who don't like it, don't run for public office!!!

Bull. His salary is public information. His private financing of his house is not.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Bull. His salary is public information. His private financing of his house is not.

Financing of a Hse is normal, refinancing 11 times on an old mortgage is abnormal behavior !!! Abnormality of a public policy maker is a taxpayer /Canadian concern.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Even if we were to lend credibility to the idea that your personal economic life reflects public policy, you would want to go after the finance critic, or someone who is being fleeced to become the finance minister, not Mulcair.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Even if we were to lend credibility to the idea that your personal economic life reflects public policy, you would want to go after the finance critic, or someone who is being fleeced to become the finance minister, not Mulcair.
Mulcair is the leader, ie the boss. The critics report to him.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

I think you're grasping at straws, looking for things to worry about.

What's the balance on all of Harper's credit cards? Has he ever in his life not paid them all off each month? We need to know, so we can decide if he's responsible or not.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

A politician's biggest hurdle in gaining support from the public is founded in their ability to inspire confidence in the electorate... Make no mistake here, the average person will have this in the back of their mind when it comes time to vote.

The biggest question that remains is how aggressively the Conservatives will be in reminding the public that this buffoon is fiscally irresponsible to the tune of having to remortgaging his house 11 times.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Who actually cares? It's not against the law or even unethical. There are probably dozens of valid reasons for doing it.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Mulcair is the leader, ie the boss. The critics report to him.

I'm sure there is an influence on the agenda, but each minister ultimately has some significant control over their specialty. It's the reason why Flaherty (and not Harper) is the crown jewel of the conservative government.