Woman frustrated by police theft probe

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Woman frustrated by police theft probe - Ottawa - CBC News

While I can appreciate that there can be many ways her computer ended up in a particular house and that the one in whose possession it is might not necessarily be aware it's a stolen computer, it still doesn't change the fact that the cops should at least be able to confiscate that computer to investigate, no?

How the hell did my thread get that title? it seems to have taken on the title of an older thread. Is it some kind of autopopulate thingy?

Anyway, the title of the thread was supposed to be:

Could anyone change the thread title whenever you have a chance; it's not the first time this has happened to my threads, so i guess I'll just have to keep a closer eye out for autopopulate in the thread title.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario

While I can appreciate that there can be many ways her computer ended up in a particular house and that the one in whose possession it is might not necessarily be aware it's a stolen computer, it still doesn't change the fact that the cops should at least be able to confiscate that computer to investigate, no?

How the hell did my thread get that title? it seems to have taken on the title of an older thread. Is it some kind of autopopulate thingy?

Anyway, the title of the thread was supposed to be:

Could anyone change the thread title whenever you have a chance; it's not the first time this has happened to my threads, so i guess I'll just have to keep a closer eye out for autopopulate in the thread title.
Just hit the edit button, then the "Go Advanced" button and edit the title.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Thanks, but though I've edited posts before, it seems this thread-starting post is not even giving the edit option.

Oh well, I guess I'll just leave the title as is even though it's totally not related.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
But you know it is soooo much easier to hand out speeding tickets to people trying to get to work on time than pursue criminals. She should have told the cops there was a box of doughnuts on the table.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

Done.

From the LINK:

"There could be other reasons as to why the property is there," McGarry said.
"Someone may have purchased it online. Someone may have found it on the
street and brought it home."

With or without a warrent, couldn't someone with a badge knock on
the door where the computer is currently located, and explain that
they know the computer is there.....and ask about it & the
circumstances surrounding its being there?