Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
I didn't want it come to this, but Liberalman "You are retarded."

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
LOL, I can see the Usual Suspects running to the Law offices of Dewy Screwim and Howe, as I type this.

I'll bet not one of them knows why this couple won.

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Then there are those that fester or rage and try to put on their happy face because no one has paid any attention to them whatever or at least not enough to keep them relevant and in the mix.

They don't get replied-to enough by those they bait or heaven forbid...don't get directly quoted.

Poor poor internet people.

"C'est la vie", say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell. :lol:

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Then there are those that fester or rage and try to put on their happy face because no one has paid any attention to them whatever or at least not enough to keep them relevant and in the mix.

They don't get replied-to enough by those they bait or heaven forbid...don't get directly quoted.

Poor poor internet people.

"C'est la vie", say the old folks, it goes to show you never can tell. :lol:

In other words, they need a life.:)

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
To the perpetual butthurt and whiny wonders, I suggest filling this out and forwarding it to the appropriate authorities...

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
See now I'd be telling folks who get all worked up over the little old internet to Go Play Outside.

Preferably in traffic. Lol.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I will for a quarter and it better be one of those glow in the dark dinos.

Oh don't go play in traffic. There are cars there. And they're moving.

But keep that under your hat, it still may be a good place to send the whiners. lol.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
This isn't about getting your "feelings hurt". This couple lost a whole lot because of malicious lies. They were directly identified. People knew who they were. They lost their business, and were forced to move from the area. This isn't about some anonymous doorknob calling an equally anonymous dork some nasty names.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
This isn't about getting your "feelings hurt". This couple lost a whole lot because of malicious lies. They were directly identified. People knew who they were. They lost their business, and were forced to move from the area. This isn't about some anonymous doorknob calling an equally anonymous dork some nasty names.

And it sets the precedent of judging before a court renders their decision. It opens a whole new world. The net is bigger than neighborhood goosip. And these people more than crossed the line.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
From the sounds of it, it was accounts tied to the accusers that ended up being the ones named in the defamation suit. I don't think any average Joe Blows that spouted off their opinions were sued.