Mexican refugee claimant murdered after deportation

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
How did she die?

Doesn't say..... could have been health related, hit by a bus, drug deal gone bad, could have been even what they "suggest" happened.... that's life.

She was on a "refuge claim" (yet the report says she was undocumented, how odd).... she was caught driving on our roads, which I suspect she didn't have a valid driver's license either, since you kind of need to be Documented and noted into the country for things like that... they found she was undocumented, so if that's not enough of a reason for her ass to be tossed back to Mexico so that others who went through the proper channels can be processed quicker... then her breaking Canadian law before she's even been processed/approved to stay in Canada should be another good reason to toss her back.

Off she goes.

....While she lived in Toronto awaiting her hearing, Castro told the story of her early years in Mexico. She feared returning to a broken family who were heavy drinkers, living on the fringes of the drug trade. In particular, she feared an abusive stepfather.

Wow.... crap like that happens everyday here in Canada, and the US, and in Mexico.... some places worse than others. Call the damn police if that craps happening to you, go get some friggin help, don't just hop over to another country and expect to have everybody in that country to do it all for you (and pay for it all) because you have a sob story.

So if someone in the US has some medical problem they can't afford in their own country, they should be able to jump the border and expect Canadian tax payers to foot the bill, otherwise we get to hear how we let them die?

That ain't the way things should work if you ask me.

Their own country let them die.... they didn't provide the help their people needed and they died, but because we didn't clean up their mess at our expense, it's our fault?

Screw that for a joke. We're all a part of this wonderful NAFTA.... so does that mean that we should expect to have all the people having crappy lives in their countries come here for us to take care of it all?

Especially when even our own country can't help with all the problems in regular people's lives whom are all stuck in similar situations??

I got your sympathy....

^ Right Here

The irony, her friends say, is that in her years away from Mexico, she had lost her street smarts and become very trusting.

WTF is she, a gold fish? Cripes, Canada's not that bubbily, hippy hugging-nice to screw people up that badly.

They were concerned that a faith in society developed over 15 years in Canada and the U.S. might get her into trouble in a country that had become more violent over the years.....

Really? Did she not bother to watch or read the news about what's been going on in Mexico as of late?..... Or Ever??? Was she that foolish to think that Canadian love, peace and harmony just magically spread across the land and around the world while she was living in Canada??

How stupid do they think people are??

Pour the BS onto the pile some more people.... let's drag out every single emotionally appealing crap talk we can think of.... let me guess.... no wait, there it is, I didn't even have to read further and I knew it'd be coming:

.... and did volunteer work....

Uh-huh.... don't we all?

.... In October 2010, the decision by an adjudicator of the Immigration and Refugee Board was "that the applicant is not a convention refugee nor a person in need of protection."

Nor did she require protection from her own government or a dozen other things real refuges around the world face.

Was she afraid for her life if she went back to Mexico? Because of her family and their drinking habits? (or drugs even?)

Here's a brilliant idea.... Move somewhere else in Mexico that's away from them all! It's a big country, she certainly found the means to get to the US and to Canada.... she could easily make a trek somewhere else in Mexico where her drunkard family wouldn't find her.

....Since there is virtually no appeal process, many claimants disappear underground once they are denied. At least 200,000 people are believed to be living undocumented in Ontario....

So that's justification for them to stay in Canada illegally, using tax payer's resources while not putting their tax in like everyone else?

You've been denied, you've been hiding illegally in the country, you've been caught, GTFO....

She was already caught living illegally in the US, now in Canada.... and we're supposed to have sympathy for this case?

.... Then when a neighbour called the police over a shouting incident, she was taken to the Vanier Centre, where she was incarcerated and appeared for her last detention review hearing alone. Her counsellor was unavailable, her partner was undocumented and could not help her, and the lawyer assigned to her did not show up.....

Now that's some stroke of bad luck if I ever saw..... by the way her friends are telling this "Undocumented" story, you could make a movie out of all of this.

... In November 2011, after a year of vacillating between hope and hopelessness and taking steps to take control of her drinking, her deportation was swift.

Castro was taken to the airport and a friend was able to meet her there briefly to give her some warm clothes from her apartment. Castro told her again about her premonitions of death....

Well, them the breaks I guess....

.... The rest of the story is only partially known, concluding in the brutal death of a desperate woman who no longer had a sense of the dangerous streets. She landed in Mexico City and soon after headed to the border state of Coahuila. She phoned back to Canada and asked for money, saying she was trying to find an underground way to return. Money was sent to her....

Let's all take note that not only is she trying to break the law again and come right back into Canada illegally regardless of our laws and our ways that she seems to want to be a part of...... She's also very much alive.

.... Then she called to say the money was gone and that she'd been beaten.....

Which wouldn't have happened if she didn't have the money in the first place.... before that, apparently very much alive and not beaten.

.... With the help of a local man she got to the town of Hermosillo, another departure point for illegal immigrants, and found a place to rest. But her injuries were critical and after saying a tearful goodbye via cellphone to her partner in Canada and to her son in the U.S., she died in a stranger's home......

Wow.... gets me all misty-eyed.... and that final goodbye where she had just enough life left to call both her partner in Canada.... AND her son in the US? Almost Storybook in timing really.

.... She left behind Coco, a book, a religious medal, a wristwatch, two of her son's stuffed toys that she was keeping for him, and a couple of CDs, which have been sent to her son so he can remember her, and her last letter. In that letter she asked her friends to look after Coco. They are trying to find a way to get the little dog to her son.....

Don't forget that ball of hair she left on her hair brush in the bathroom..... did you miss anything?

Yeah... this story is a perfect example for why we should just open the gates and let everybody with their personal family baggage into the country, just so they don't try and get into the country illegally and end up killed in the process.

Jebus Murphy, is this crap for real?

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Mexican refugee claimant murdered after deportation - Canada - CBC News

It would seem we've become too strict on refugee claims.

Certainly our priority must be to protect the safety of those residing in Canada first and foremost before focusing on protecting the safety of those abroad.

Any thoughts on this?

The ninies in this country were too busy crying about Omar Khadr.....

How did she die?

Doesn't say..... could have been health related, hit by a bus, drug deal gone bad, could have been even what they "suggest" happened.... that's life.

She was on a "refuge claim" (yet the report says she was undocumented, how odd).... she was caught driving on our roads, which I suspect she didn't have a valid driver's license either, since you kind of need to be Documented and noted into the country for things like that... they found she was undocumented, so if that's not enough of a reason for her ass to be tossed back to Mexico so that others who went through the proper channels can be processed quicker... then her breaking Canadian law before she's even been processed/approved to stay in Canada should be another good reason to toss her back.

Off she goes.

Wow.... crap like that happens everyday here in Canada, and the US, and in Mexico.... some places worse than others. Call the damn police if that craps happening to you, go get some friggin help, don't just hop over to another country and expect to have everybody in that country to do it all for you (and pay for it all) because you have a sob story.

So if someone in the US has some medical problem they can't afford in their own country, they should be able to jump the border and expect Canadian tax payers to foot the bill, otherwise we get to hear how we let them die?

That ain't the way things should work if you ask me.

Their own country let them die.... they didn't provide the help their people needed and they died, but because we didn't clean up their mess at our expense, it's our fault?

Screw that for a joke. We're all a part of this wonderful NAFTA.... so does that mean that we should expect to have all the people having crappy lives in their countries come here for us to take care of it all?

Especially when even our own country can't help with all the problems in regular people's lives whom are all stuck in similar situations??

I got your sympathy....

^ Right Here

WTF is she, a gold fish? Cripes, Canada's not that bubbily, hippy hugging-nice to screw people up that badly.

Really? Did she not bother to watch or read the news about what's been going on in Mexico as of late?..... Or Ever??? Was she that foolish to think that Canadian love, peace and harmony just magically spread across the land and around the world while she was living in Canada??

How stupid do they think people are??

Pour the BS onto the pile some more people.... let's drag out every single emotionally appealing crap talk we can think of.... let me guess.... no wait, there it is, I didn't even have to read further and I knew it'd be coming:

Uh-huh.... don't we all?

Nor did she require protection from her own government or a dozen other things real refuges around the world face.

Was she afraid for her life if she went back to Mexico? Because of her family and their drinking habits? (or drugs even?)

Here's a brilliant idea.... Move somewhere else in Mexico that's away from them all! It's a big country, she certainly found the means to get to the US and to Canada.... she could easily make a trek somewhere else in Mexico where her drunkard family wouldn't find her.

So that's justification for them to stay in Canada illegally, using tax payer's resources while not putting their tax in like everyone else?

You've been denied, you've been hiding illegally in the country, you've been caught, GTFO....

She was already caught living illegally in the US, now in Canada.... and we're supposed to have sympathy for this case?

Now that's some stroke of bad luck if I ever saw..... by the way her friends are telling this "Undocumented" story, you could make a movie out of all of this.

Well, them the breaks I guess....

Let's all take note that not only is she trying to break the law again and come right back into Canada illegally regardless of our laws and our ways that she seems to want to be a part of...... She's also very much alive.

Which wouldn't have happened if she didn't have the money in the first place.... before that, apparently very much alive and not beaten.

Wow.... gets me all misty-eyed.... and that final goodbye where she had just enough life left to call both her partner in Canada.... AND her son in the US? Almost Storybook in timing really.

Don't forget that ball of hair she left on her hair brush in the bathroom..... did you miss anything?

Yeah... this story is a perfect example for why we should just open the gates and let everybody with their personal family baggage into the country, just so they don't try and get into the country illegally and end up killed in the process.

Jebus Murphy, is this crap for real?

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC

Yeah, and you guys thought I'd might get softer on things after having my first born three months premature?

You guys thought I'd change my positions I had about parenting, circumcisions, abortions and every other topic out there because I'm a parent and looked into those big baby eyes of wonder???

Well Guess again.... Now I'm even worse! That boy needs to be tough in this world and ga'damit, I haven't been tough enough!

It's time to crank things up a notch or two :twisted: