Hunger Games whackjobs

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
The real-life Hunger Games: Two young men held for setting up deadly spiked booby traps on popular Utah hiking trail 'for fun'

Two men have been arrested for placing potentially deadly booby traps on a popular Utah hiking trail.

Police say Benjamin Steven Rutkowski, 19, and Kai Matthew Christensen, 21, of Provo, confessed to setting trip wires that could send a 20lb ball of spiked branches into a person's head, or trip a passer-by into a bed of wooden stakes.

The traps were discovered along the Big Springs trail in Provo Canyon last Saturday by a military-trained officer on foot patrol - before anyone was hurt.

more woodsy fun:

Two men arrested after 'setting booby traps on popular hiking trail' | Mail Online

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Well if they go to jail... shortly after they get out with all that new Jail Education they will now get for free..

Reckless endangerment, in the great state of Utah, carries a penalty of imprisonment of up to one year and a fine of up to $2500.(I was bored, so I googled)

One year. Unless they're fast tracking the remedial learning program, I don't think these two brainiacs will come out with much of an education. If they couldn't figure out that this was dangerous, what hope does the prison education system have?