Penis Removal Not Needed For Man To Become Woman: Ontario Tribunal

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Penis Removal Not Needed For Man To Become Woman: Ontario Tribunal

Penis removal not needed for man to become woman: Ontario tribunal

"A man doesn't need to have his penis removed to legally become a woman, according to new order from the Ontario Human Rights Tribunal."

"Unless provincial authorities mount an appeal, Ontario will become the first Canadian jurisdiction to toss out genital surgery as a pre-requisite for a legal sex change."

Pretty soon a man will just change their sex on paper and not have anything done.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
That's all we need...."Bureaucrats" making new laws:roll:

Could we say the HRC is getting too big for its britches???

? I have to confess a certain confusion regarding your statement. It seems to imply that government bodies should remain small and powerless and not make laws that control us. But, by that logic, shouldn't there in fact not BE a legal restriction on how one qualifies their gender? I mean, if we want to get libertarian about it. :D

55Mercury

rigid member
May 31, 2007
lol

So now someone can just make the change on paper and their penis is now just an engorged clitoris while they're showering with the ladies basketball team?

My inner lesbian wants to know where I sign.

:?P

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
? I have to confess a certain confusion regarding your statement. It seems to imply that government bodies should remain small and powerless and not make laws that control us. But, by that logic, shouldn't there in fact not BE a legal restriction on how one qualifies their gender? I mean, if we want to get libertarian about it. :D

New laws should be made by elected individuals....not appointed bureacrats.!

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Not when it comes to human rights. Or have you missed the whole constitutional democracy bit?

from what i gathered it is the time that it takes for the person to save the money in order to have the operation. This can take many years. And it can in my opinion be highly confusing and cause more emotional issues/ pain due to living one life and being told by the Govt you are the other sex.

So I do not see how the CHRC overstepped.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
Amex and a tampon.