Toronto police officer stabbed in North York

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A police officer was rushed to a trauma centre Sunday night after he was stabbed in the neck in North York.

Another man was shot and taken to hospital.

The incident occurred in a quiet neighbourhood in the area of Bathurst St. and Wilson Ave. Sunday shortly before midnight.

The officer, who is in his mid-30s, is in serious but stable condition, according to Toronto police Chief Bill Blair, who rushed to Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre after he received word an officer was wounded.

The officer was undergoing surgery early Monday.

The other victim is in grave condition with multiple gunshot wounds. His age and identity are not yet known.

more

Toronto News: Toronto police officer stabbed in North York - thestar.com

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Feeling neglected???

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
Does the fact that this guy is a Canadian cop made this news story any more important.....

Or is there, automatic hero status connected to this that an ordinary citizen would not deserve.

eh1eh

Blah Blah Blah
Aug 31, 2006
Under a Lone Palm
Does the fact that this guy is a Canadian cop made this news story any more important.....

Or is there, automatic hero status connected to this that an ordinary citizen would not deserve.

Umm. Do you know what it takes to be a cop? Go get stabbed in the throat keeping the peace and we'll pay attention to you too.

grumpydigger

Electoral Member
Mar 4, 2009
Kelowna BC
Yes I do know what it takes to be a cop.

I'm from British Columbia and the RCMP have proved the standards are sadly lacking.

In my years, of logging, mining, steel working and oil patchwork I will compare danger and the wounds I have gotten from work with a cop.

this childlike hero worship that some people have for cops ....is hilarious

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
Bitch please. You must come drinking in Scarborough some night. :lol:

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Yes I do know what it takes to be a cop.

I'm from British Columbia and the RCMP have proved the standards are sadly lacking.

In my years, of logging, mining, steel working and oil patchwork I will compare danger and the wounds I have gotten from work with a cop.

Excellent points all around.

We can appreciate the services provided without glorifying.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I've read through the O.P. & its LINK, and found that:

The officer was undergoing surgery early Monday.

The other victim is in grave condition with multiple gunshot wounds. His age and identity are not yet known.

....is curiously vague regarding the person with the multiple gunshot wounds.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
it's not like he was an overzealous cop, he was a traffic cop working by him self and he got stabbed in the neck by a crackhead. Good on him for filling the fool with lead.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
We can appreciate the services provided without glorifying.

Maybe the two of you could enjoy the thread, without fabricating glorification and hero worship.

Although I have to commend Officer Blair for asking Mike Salb to secure his weapon. Not to many people think of such seemingly inconsequential things, when severely injured.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Maybe the two of you could enjoy the thread, without fabricating glorification and hero worship.

Although I have to commend Officer Blair for asking Mike Salb to secure his weapon. Not to many people think of such seemingly inconsequential things, when severely injured.

I'm amazed he could keep his focus on such a thing after getting stabbed like that. I have no problem slamming the cops when they go Gestapo but in this case, I see no wrong from what he did.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm amazed he could keep his focus on such a thing after getting stabbed like that. I have no problem slamming the cops when they go Gestapo but in this case, I see no wrong from what he did.
He took a calculated risk, and placed his trust in a civilian, but as has been said, he was for all intents and purposes, mortally wounded.

His acts were in line with coming to the realization, that he was going down, and he needed to feel somewhat secure, that his weapon was safe.

I've experienced severe blood lose. The cliche "Lights going dim", is spot on. The numbing hum in your head, telling and scary as you begin to lose motor skills. I can tell you this, I wasn't much worried about anything but dying.