Immigrants to Canada live in subsidized housing

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Here is just another example of where we let immigrants into our country and they can't even earn enough to support themselves and their families.
Why are we letting these type of immigrants into our country?
Subsidized housing should be used for Canadians who fall on hard times, it should not be used for immigrants who cannot make enough money in this country. They should be sent home.

Plus you will notice this is an older couple, in a few more years we will be totally looking after them and supplying them with our expensive health care.
Do you know that in Toronto, over 60% of seniors are immigrants . And in Vancouver this number is 50%. Canada in general, has about 22% immigrants. Guess who's coming here in their senior years to be looked after by the Canadian public. Seniors are by far the largest costs to our health care system. Those who become seniors in our country are entitled to our health cars,,,,,BUT, only in proportion to the length of time they have contributed to this country.

http://www.thestar.com/news/canada/...ness-a-growing-problem-for-canada-s-newcomers
--------
Quote:
“It’s tough to live with so many people in so little space, but you are bound to live like this when you don’t have money,” said Rosario, 61, a bakery chef, who two months ago finally moved into a subsidized seniors’ apartment after four years on the waiting list.
---------

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
Looks like we'll need to spend more money on tougher immigration policies. :tongue1:

dumpthemonarchy

House Member
Jan 18, 2005
Vancouver
www.cynicsunlimited.com
Arent we all immigrants?

For the same reason we give EI to people in regions where unemployment is 12%, people refuse work, and still get EI. Immigration is political and no longer makes economic sense.

Kenney said on the CBC he is proud the Harper govt hasn't reduced immigration levels from 250,000 per year, unlike that dastardly Chretien who reduced immigration levels when the economy slowed in the 1990s.

Kenney now finds more votes from multicultural curry Canadians than non-hypenated Canadians.

I did not immigrate from another country to live in Canada, Did you Kakato?

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
For the same reason we give EI to people in regions where unemployment is 12%, people refuse work, and still get EI. Immigration is political and no longer makes economic sense.

Kenney said on the CBC he is proud the Harper govt hasn't reduced immigration levels from 250,000 per year, unlike that dastardly Chretien who reduced immigration levels when the economy slowed in the 1990s.

Kenney now finds more votes from multicultural curry Canadians than non-hypenated Canadians.

I did not immigrate from another country to live in Canada, Did you Kakato?

No but my father did.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
Here is just another example of where we let immigrants into our country and they can't even earn enough to support themselves and their families.
Why are we letting these type of immigrants into our country?
Subsidized housing should be used for Canadians who fall on hard times, it should not be used for immigrants who cannot make enough money in this country. They should be sent home.

Plus you will notice this is an older couple, in a few more years we will be totally looking after them and supplying them with our expensive health care.
Do you know that in Toronto, over 60% of seniors are immigrants . And in Vancouver this number is 50%. Canada in general, has about 22% immigrants. Guess who's coming here in their senior years to be looked after by the Canadian public. Seniors are by far the largest costs to our health care system. Those who become seniors in our country are entitled to our health cars,,,,,BUT, only in proportion to the length of time they have contributed to this country.

Canada News: New immigrants are the
--------
Quote:
“It’s tough to live with so many people in so little space, but you are bound to live like this when you don’t have money,” said Rosario, 61, a bakery chef, who two months ago finally moved into a subsidized seniors’ apartment after four years on the waiting list.
---------

First off, we need to distinguish between regular immigrants and genuine refugees. As a rule refugees won't have money because they were oppressed. I'd rather spend money on them here than on the military abroad.

Machjo

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 19, 2004
Ottawa, ON
And none of us would be here if it wasent for them immigrateing here,maybe we should give it back to the natives.No one asked them about their immigration policies before we got here.

Maybe those natives should go back to their countries too. Why did the government let them in in the first place?

;)

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
And none of us would be here if it wasent for them immigrateing here,maybe we should give it back to the natives.No one asked them about their immigration policies before we got here.

I don't really care about their immigration policies. I try not to live in the past.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
Subsidized housing and a free healthcare and drug plan for immigrants was put in place by immigrants who got their citizenship to this country, who got the vote who ran for office, who changed this and the rest of the country did not pay attention to what was going on.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I immigrated to BC from Quebec, but I asked permission from the aboriginal inhabitants if I could stay. I don't put much faith in laws created by thieves.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
To say that past events do not presently exist because they have already happened (and are no longer present) or that future events do not presently exist because they have not yet happened (and thus are not currently present) poses some interestig questions. Can these past and future events, which do not presently exist, influence events that do exist in the present?

I would contest that they cannot, and where we typically assign causality to past or future events there is an actual present mechanism that influences present events. For instance, in the case of past events having an influence on current events, that is only true in the sense that the present effects of a past event influences a present one. Some examples of the present effects of past events are experience, memories, or altered states of events that exist in the present because of something that has happened in the past (but note that it is the consequential altered state that influences present events, not the non-longer existing past event that may have produced those altered states).

In the case of future events, it is the present events that we often describe as "expectation" (or the other present events that actually lead us to even refer to future events in the first place ) that influences present events. A more explicit example may be to contrast the statement that people go to college because of a future degree or increased earnings with the statement that people go to coDamn!f a degree or increased earnings. Future events only exert their influence in as much as they have present correlates, and therefore it is really these present correlates that influence behavior and events.

What are your takes on this?

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
The people who first came to NA and build this great country were the Europeans. They build the trading system and put most of the infrastructure in place like the legal system (which is based on Christian ideology), government system, schools etc etc. Immigrants from other countries did not start coming here until most of the infrastructure was in place. This started happening after WW2.