Lotto tops 640 million

Spade
BBC News - Record Mega Millions jackpot tops $640m (external - login to view)

Wow! Anyone know an American who'd buy me a ticket?

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

BBC News - Record Mega Millions jackpot tops $640m (external - login to view)

Wow! Anyone know an American who'd buy me a ticket?

How much would the winner get to keep? Would it even be half?

talloola
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
I can't relate to one person winning that much, I would much rather see many people winning a couple of million.

Of course, unless it is me. lol lol

spaminator
is that the same as the powerball lottery? its too bad they amortize the lotteries.

damngrumpy
I see people are catching the American power ball lottery fever, and to think they take
about half back in taxes, once again they are behind Canada we get to keep it all tax
free.
The real big lotto though is in Spain. Its centuries old and El Gordo last year paid out
more than a billion dollars as its top prize. Mind you the tickets are about 150 dollars
American and you can buy two dollar pieces of tickets if you want to.
I wouldn't buy into a fifty percent tax grab ticket system period.

SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

I see people are catching the American power ball lottery fever, and to think they take
about half back in taxes, once again they are behind Canada we get to keep it all tax
free.

I think you're right, it is a 50% tax grab. Uncle Sam must love the Lotto Max, lol.

Quote:

The real big lotto though is in Spain. Its centuries old and El Gordo last year paid out
more than a billion dollars as its top prize. Mind you the tickets are about 150 dollars
American and you can buy two dollar pieces of tickets if you want to.
I wouldn't buy into a fifty percent tax grab ticket system period.

They don't call it the idiot tax for nothing right?

WLDB
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

They don't call it the idiot tax for nothing right?

I bring that line up to my mother every time she tries to talk me into buying a lottery ticket. Hasnt worked, she still tries.

Cliffy
A friend said today that the tax on that lotto is more like 60% which means the US government would get to buy $380 million worth of bombs if someone wins it.

spaminator
3 winning tickets.