US paid $50,000 per shooting spree death

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (AP) - The United States has paid $50,000 in compensation for each Afghan killed in the shooting spree attributed to a U.S. soldier in southern Afghanistan, an Afghan official and a community elder said Sunday.

The families of the dead received the money Saturday at the governor's office, said Kandahar provincial council member Agha Lalai. Each wounded person received $11,000, Lalai said. Community elder Jan Agha confirmed the same figures.

They were told that the money came from U.S. President Barack Obama, Lalai said.

more

My Way News - Afghans: US paid $50,000 per shooting spree death

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com

OH NO!! Not this again??

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (AP) - The United States has paid $50,000 in compensation for each Afghan killed in the shooting spree attributed to a U.S. soldier in southern Afghanistan, an Afghan official and a community elder said Sunday.

The families of the dead received the money Saturday at the governor's office, said Kandahar provincial council member Agha Lalai. Each wounded person received $11,000, Lalai said. Community elder Jan Agha confirmed the same figures.

They were told that the money came from U.S. President Barack Obama, Lalai said.

more

My Way News - Afghans: US paid $50,000 per shooting spree death

That means that for something less than a trillion dollars, they could kill everybody in the country. Solve a lot of problems. It gets easier because there is nobody left to give the money to.....of course if they killed everyone first
they wouldn't have to pay anybody......:roll:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Indeed, many could startup their own opium and/or marijuana operation which could employ dozens of people.

It would be like knowing your neighbour had 3&1/2 million in cash under
his mattress, and knowing that everyone else knew it too...and wondering
when some loser will get the address wrong when try'n to shake down the
neighbour. :lol:

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Gees. If I accidently run somebody over their estate gets $3Mill from my truck insurance.

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm not saying it makes eveything OK. The dude who flipped is still going
to get his spanking, and a large sum of $$$ to those in a war zone in a
country running something like 35% unemployment might make them
targets.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I'm not saying it makes eveything OK. The dude who flipped is still going
to get his spanking, and a large sum of $$$ to those in a war zone in a
country running something like 35% unemployment might make them
targets.
They'll be on the first bus to Karachi.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
America should be careful, these people will be offering their relatives for target practice
just to collect. Come to think of it I have a few family members they could shoot if they
were going to pay me for it. I have names and addresses if the American Government
is interested.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
$50,000 Each: US Pays Blood Money for Kandahar Massacre

Between Dead and Wounded, Military Offers $916,000 to Relatives

$50,000 Each: US Pays Blood Money for Kandahar Massacre -- News from Antiwar.com

this is so unseemly. and yet so AMERICAN. where lives have monetary value and that horrors also have monetary equivelent.

Just write a check and maybe they will shut up. and forget who did this atrocity.

It would be a whole lot smarter to just get out of there before another atrociity has to be paid off.

Ethics, standards have long disappeard ......and everything is measured by one unit.MONEY. Those that accept it have a highly questionable value system too.