US paid $50,000 per shooting spree death


Locutus
#1
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (AP) - The United States has paid $50,000 in compensation for each Afghan killed in the shooting spree attributed to a U.S. soldier in southern Afghanistan, an Afghan official and a community elder said Sunday.

The families of the dead received the money Saturday at the governor's office, said Kandahar provincial council member Agha Lalai. Each wounded person received $11,000, Lalai said. Community elder Jan Agha confirmed the same figures.

They were told that the money came from U.S. President Barack Obama, Lalai said.


more


My Way News - Afghans: US paid $50,000 per shooting spree death (external - login to view)
 
B00Mer
+1
#2  Top Rated Post


OH NO!! Not this again??
 
#juan
+1
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

KANDAHAR, Afghanistan (AP) - The United States has paid $50,000 in compensation for each Afghan killed in the shooting spree attributed to a U.S. soldier in southern Afghanistan, an Afghan official and a community elder said Sunday.

The families of the dead received the money Saturday at the governor's office, said Kandahar provincial council member Agha Lalai. Each wounded person received $11,000, Lalai said. Community elder Jan Agha confirmed the same figures.

They were told that the money came from U.S. President Barack Obama, Lalai said.


more


My Way News - Afghans: US paid $50,000 per shooting spree death (external - login to view)



That means that for something less than a trillion dollars, they could kill everybody in the country. Solve a lot of problems. It gets easier because there is nobody left to give the money to.....of course if they killed everyone first
they wouldn't have to pay anybody......

 
Goober
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

]

Explanation as to why monies are paid.

Al-Adl Journal
 
Kreskin
#5
I hope it comes with a vault or an army to guard it.
 
Ron in Regina
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

I hope it comes with a vault or an army to guard it.


Yeah. What's th average income in that country? $1000/yr maybe?

$50,000 or even the $11,000 could be a very large chunk of change.
 
Praxius
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Yeah. What's th average income in that country? $1000/yr maybe?

$50,000 or even the $11,000 could be a very large chunk of change.

Indeed, many could startup their own opium and/or marijuana operation which could employ dozens of people.
 
Ron in Regina
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by PraxiusView Post

Indeed, many could startup their own opium and/or marijuana operation which could employ dozens of people.

It would be like knowing your neighbour had 3&1/2 million in cash under
his mattress, and knowing that everyone else knew it too...and wondering
when some loser will get the address wrong when try'n to shake down the
neighbour.
 
petros
#9
Gees. If I accidently run somebody over their estate gets $3Mill from my truck insurance.
Last edited by petros; Mar 25th, 2012 at 09:29 PM..
 
gerryh
#10
well then... that makes everything all ok.
 
Ron in Regina
#11
I'm not saying it makes eveything OK. The dude who flipped is still going
to get his spanking, and a large sum of $$$ to those in a war zone in a
country running something like 35% unemployment might make them
targets.
 
petros
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

I'm not saying it makes eveything OK. The dude who flipped is still going
to get his spanking, and a large sum of $$$ to those in a war zone in a
country running something like 35% unemployment might make them
targets.

They'll be on the first bus to Karachi.
 
Kreskin
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in ReginaView Post

Yeah. What's th average income in that country? $1000/yr maybe?

$50,000 or even the $11,000 could be a very large chunk of change.

Is the total value of Kandahar much more?
 
damngrumpy
#14
America should be careful, these people will be offering their relatives for target practice
just to collect. Come to think of it I have a few family members they could shoot if they
were going to pay me for it. I have names and addresses if the American Government
is interested.
 
Ocean Breeze
#15
Quote:

$50,000 Each: US Pays Blood Money for Kandahar Massacre (external - login to view)

Between Dead and Wounded, Military Offers $916,000 to Relatives



$50,000 Each: US Pays Blood Money for Kandahar Massacre -- News from Antiwar.com (external - login to view)

this is so unseemly. and yet so AMERICAN. where lives have monetary value and that horrors also have monetary equivelent.

Just write a check and maybe they will shut up. and forget who did this atrocity.

It would be a whole lot smarter to just get out of there before another atrociity has to be paid off.

Ethics, standards have long disappeard ......and everything is measured by one unit.MONEY. Those that accept it have a highly questionable value system too.
 
no new posts