Michael Dunahee composite sketch issued

B00Mer

The family of Michael Dunahee, who disappeared more than 21 years ago in one of B.C.'s most infamous missing child cases, has issued a new age-enhanced image of their son.

The new picture is an estimate of what Dunahee would look like as a 26-year-old man, more than two decades after he vanished without a trace from a the playground of Victoria's Blanshard Elementary School on March 4, 1991.

He was last seen wearing a blue-hooded jacket with red lining and red cuffs, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles T-shirt, multi-coloured rugby pants and blue sneakers.

Michael's parents, Crystal and Bruce Dunahee, have never given up hope of finding their son and last year launched a website, Michael Dunahee (external - login to view), containing photos and video of Michael, and a link to submit tips.

The four-year-old boy's disappearance saw police conduct one of the largest searches for a missing child in Canadian history and Dunahee's parents helped put in place the Amber Alert system now used for missing children.

But despite more than 10,000 tips, police are no closer to solving the case, which remains active.

Michael Dunahee (external - login to view)

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by B00MerView Post

The family of Michael Dunahee, who disappeared more than 21 years ago in one of B.C.'s most infamous missing child cases, has issued a new age-enhanced image of their son.

The new picture is an estimate of what Dunahee would look like as a 26-year-old man, more than two decades after he vanished without a trace from a the playground of Victoria's Blanshard Elementary School on March 4, 1991.

He was last seen wearing a blue-hooded jacket with red lining and red cuffs, a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles T-shirt, multi-coloured rugby pants and blue sneakers.

Michael's parents, Crystal and Bruce Dunahee, have never given up hope of finding their son and last year launched a website, Michael Dunahee (external - login to view), containing photos and video of Michael, and a link to submit tips.

The four-year-old boy's disappearance saw police conduct one of the largest searches for a missing child in Canadian history and Dunahee's parents helped put in place the Amber Alert system now used for missing children.

But despite more than 10,000 tips, police are no closer to solving the case, which remains active.

Michael Dunahee (external - login to view)

I have never forgotten about him, it was so sad, and remained very fresh on everyone's mind for a long
long time, finally for me, it just faded away, as I just imagined him dead.

If he is still alive somewhere, I wonder if he has any memory of his real life; till that horrible event.

And, how could the authorities ever figure out where he is, or who the real michael dunahee really is.

Maybe the only way, is 'others' who know the person who raised him, and the peculiar circumstances of his
appearing in the life of the abductor, who took him, and relatives of the abductor.

What a wonderful day it would be, if they find him alive, BUT, what then, for he and his real family,
so much valuable and special time gone, I wonder how they could ever recover anything of the past.

But at least they could know he is alive, that is definitely something, and how he is doing, and
possibly have some connection to him, if possible.

Is there anything even less likely than a needle in a haystack?

Kreskin
I don't know how parents can cope with stuff like that.