Israel Warns Neighbors Over March To Jerusalem


Goober
#211
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

I always view, with suspicion, polls that ask those who feel vulnerable for their opinion which may later be used against them.

Good point. I usually make mine public. I think that i will not in the future. No i did not miss the point.
 
Goober
+1
#212
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Claiming you can back it up is not the same as backing it up. All you have done is the former despite being given ample opportunity for the latter.
I don't recall calling you a liar. You need to stop with the wounded puppy bull****. If you refuse to answer the question, that is your prerogative. Stop trying to blame others for your decisions.
It's really all I've got because up to this point you have refused to acknowledge that Israel has committed crimes.
I'm sorry I asked you an uncomfortable question. That's the only apology you are going to get because that is all I have done. As I said before, you need to grow a ******.

I stated I have - I have no need to do it again - You rejected a fair and reasonable offer - Why - Because you are scared of the outcome. On a number of occasions i have seen where other posters have proved that you were in error . You never ever own up to that.

My intention is clear - You are wrong - but I want you to admit and apologize.

But like always you run away from an offer that holds both of us to account. Are you scared of accountability
 
earth_as_one
#213
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Bull****.

Israeli Arabs are better off than Arabs in Arab states.

Go to East Jerusalem, one of the most contentious areas in the area, and ask the Arabs themselves.....

Would East Jerusalem Arabs rather be citizens of Israel or Palestine? - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News (external - login to view)

Read the article.....very interesting.....

You could use the same argument to defend Apartheid South Africa and racial segregation in the American south during the 1950's.

ie: Black South Africans in Apartheid South Africa and Black Americans in 1950's were better off than Black Africans living in The Sudan, The Democratic Republic of Congo, Sierra Leon.... Do you also believe that Nelson Mandela and Martin Luther King should have accepted state sanctioned inequality, oppression and injustice rather than fight for equality, freedom and justice? After all their situation was better than Black Africans living in these other countries.

While Israeli Arabs might be better off than some Arabs living in some Arab states, that's certainly not true if you compare them to the amount of rights, freedoms and standard of living enjoyed by Arabs in Dubai, Oman, Abu Dahai and most Gulf States. Also you are entirely ignoring the situation in the West Bank and Gaza. Before Zionism, these people had citizenship, equal rights and freedom. When Zionism came to their towns and villages, they were chased off their land and many became nationless refugees. That ethnic cleansing process continues today in Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories. Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza have no recognized rights. Gazans have a standard of living which is lower than any other Arab State, plus they live behind walls with armed prison guards. They are bombed on a daily basis, while raw sewage flows in the street, and most don't have access to safe drinking water. I'd say their situation is about the equivalent of Arabs living in Homs, Syria. The only difference is that Gazans have been living in a war zone for decades, while the good people of Homs have not even endured a year of bombardment, murder and torture.

Regarding the difficult decisions likely facing Arabs living in Jerusalem.

If these Arabs want to continue living where they were born and keep their property, they may eventually be forced to choose Israeli citizenship, swear allegiance to the Jewish State of Israel and embrace the inequality inherent in the Israeli system. I'm surprised so many of Arabs would choose to give up their homes and property and be deported to West Bank and Gaza concentration camps than become second class Israeli citizens.

A good chance that these Arabs will not be offered a choice:
Survey: Most Jewish Israelis support transfer of Arabs
www.haaretz.com/print-edition...arabs-1.125899 (external - login to view)
Last edited by earth_as_one; Mar 29th, 2012 at 05:10 PM..
 
Colpy
#214
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

I always view, with suspicion, polls that ask those who feel vulnerable for their opinion which may later be used against them.

I agree....but that raises the question of who would use the info against them? And why?

You are aware of what happens to Israel sympathizers in the Palestinian territories?
 
Goober
#215
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

I agree....but that raises the question of who would use the info against them? And why?
You are aware of what happens to Israel sympathizers in the Palestinian territories?

You would also be aware tha Arabs that are pro Israeli for example would and are singled out by those that are not.
 
earth_as_one
+1
#216
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

I agree....but that raises the question of who would use the info against them? And why?

You are aware of what happens to Israel sympathizers in the Palestinian territories?

Bad **** happens on all sides. I fail to see why Canada's relations should be better with one group of war criminals over the other...
Last edited by earth_as_one; Mar 29th, 2012 at 06:33 PM..
 
Cannuck
-1
#217
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

That's not what EAO said.

Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I've consistently condemned such actions as war crimes and I'll do it again.

Hamas and Hezbollah commit war crimes when they fire mortars and rockets at Israeli civilians.

Apparently it is.
 
earth_as_one
#218
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

No I didn't since EAO has admitted that they do, in fact, fire mortars at civilians. That is common knowledge.

But in any event, I see you to have to make this about EAO now because you realize how silly Goober is being. Carry on.

Of course Palestinian war crimes are common knowledge. The MSM ensures that... it plays to the endorsed narrative. What's next? The "Peace Process" (War), "Road Map"?(more war, civil war). How about a repeat of some oldies like the 1930's "The land without people for the people without land". (ethnic cleansing) That was a hit right up until the the 50's. Who knows, the way its going in Gaza, it could be true this time in the not too distant future. What an opportunity for brave Israeli pioneers... um colonialists,,, ? Oh yes settlers... There's been so many slogans over the years....
 
Cannuck
-1
#219
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Of course Palestinian war crimes are common knowledge...

Just thought I would re-post that comment as Goob and CB can't seem to wrap their heads around it. Honestly, I can't understand why it is so difficult for Goober to just type "Israel commits war crimes". If he's done it on other threads, there really is no reason he can't do it here. He must have ulterior motives.
 
Cannuck
-1
#220
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Your little Side Kick - Bucky knew all about that thread - He must like having a friend.
Glad to see from your posts that this little problem has been cleared out by Bear ramming it thru.

You guys want to keep dragging other threads into it (then CB gets delusional and thinks I'm chasing him from thread to thread). I really have no interest in those other threads. I'm in this thread asking you about Israeli war crimes. Why is it such a touchy subject for you? Does it scare you that you and EAO might be in agreement on something?
 
Goober
+3
#221
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

You guys want to keep dragging other threads into it (then CB gets delusional and thinks I'm chasing him from thread to thread). I really have no interest in those other threads. I'm in this thread asking you about Israeli war crimes. Why is it such a touchy subject for you? Does it scare you that you and EAO might be in agreement on something?

No not at all. I had stated that I had in the past condemned Israeli war crimes. You choose to not believe me. I was not going to get into a long drawn out pissing match with you. And that is exactly what you would do. Question answered, then next question and on and on and on.

I have seen how you operate and it is clear you have never left Junior High.

But remember the Senior Bucky left you to hang all alone.

Now give me another reddie, I consider them compliments.
 
Cannuck
+1 / -1
#222
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

No not at all. I had stated that I had in the past condemned Israeli war crimes. You choose to not believe me.

On the contrary. I have asked you some simple straight forward questions that you have refused to answer and instead made mention of "other threads".

Let's recap shall we...I stated that EAO has admitted that Hamas/Hezbollah has committed crimes and that many Israeli apologists have not accepted that Israel has....

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

As much as I figure EAO to be a Joo-hater, he has at least admitted that both sides are committing crimes. Many of the Israeli apologists haven't done that.

You got pissing and refuted EAO's claim despite the fact it was there in black and white for all to see....

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Yeah right. You can think that - I do not. And who are you referring to as Israeli Apologists?


After dancing around the issue of what, exactly, you don't believe (to which you never did answer the question), it was stated...

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

If you believe that the Israelis and Hamas/Hezbollah have both committed crimes than you and EAO are in agreement. If you believe that only Hamas and Hezbollah have committed crimes than I guess I will have to include you in the list of Israel apologists.

You also ran from this as well. You could of very easily said that you accept the former and this would have been done. I asked you a straight forward question again..

Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Do you believe Israel has committed crimes?

Rather than a simple yes or no, you responded with...

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

I gave my answer - Like it or not. That is my answer.

Two or three letters is all you had to type to end this. You couldn't or wouldn't. Then you laughingly claim...

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

I was not going to get into a long drawn out pissing match with you.

...and yet that is exactly what you did because you can't simply type "Israel commits war crimes". I'm not interested in what you have said on other threads. I'm on this thread. Why is it so difficult to type those four words? Why was it so difficult to answer yes when asked if you think Israel has committed crimes. Does it scare you that much to think that you and EAO have something in common?
 
Goober
+2
#223
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Post #1567883 - Re: Israel Warns Neighbors Over March To Jerusalem (external - login to view) Bad Cannuck


Love the photo. Sums it up quite nicely. [IMG]
 
Liberalman
#224
IDF Alert Prompts Closure on PA-Controlled Areas

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/154310 (external - login to view)

"The closure was imposed as of 11:59 p.m. (Israel time) on Thursday night and will be removed on Friday at 11:59 p.m. (Israel time), pending an assessment of the security situation in the region."

"Arabs from neighboring countries – Lebanon, Jordan and Syria – as well as from Gaza, are expected to march toward the Israeli border in a planned ‘Global March to Jerusalem’. According to intelligence assessments, Iran is behind these initiatives."

"Security forces expect violence by Arab citizens of Israel and Arab residents of Jerusalem. Hundreds of additional police have beefed up security presence in and around Jerusalem. These include snipers and Yasam Special Forces, which will break up violent altercations and break into the Temple Mount if necessary."
 
Ron in Regina
+1
#225
OK....just stumbled across this Thread. What the Hell?
I'm closing the Thread, & mopping it out. Much of it is
just plain stupid, off-topic, Trolling. Some if it is truely
nasty in its personal attacks, & is so beyond wrong.
 
Liberalman
#226
Security Chiefs 'Hands On' for Land Day

Security Chiefs 'Hands On' for Land Day - Defense/Security - News - Israel National News (external - login to view)

"Thousands of additional police and troops were deployed across Israel and along the Jewish state's borders in anticipation of violence."




Rioters Hurling Firebombs at IDF Forces in Bethlehem - YouTube

 
earth_as_one
-1
#227
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

...Honestly, I can't understand why it is so difficult for Goober to just type "Israel commits war crimes". If he's done it on other threads, there really is no reason he can't do it here. He must have ulterior motives.

The answer is simple. Goober and many others here (Colpy, ES, DaSleeper, TaxSlave...) have never admitted a single specific Israeli war crime as far as I know. I can't claim to have seen every post. CB will admit that both sides commit war crimes if pressed. Their most common tactic to deal with irrefutable evidence of Israeli war crimes is ignore the post and label the poster as a Joo-hater.

Meanwhile back on topic:

Israelis fire on Palestinian Land Day protesters
Land Day marks the annual commemorations in Israel of the killing by police of six Arab citizens in 1976 during protests against land confiscations in northern Israel's Galilee region....
Israeli security forces fired rubber bullets, tear gas and stun grenades to break up groups of Palestinian stone-throwers on Friday as annual Land Day rallies turned violent.... Medics in the Gaza Strip said the Israelis also used live fire...
gulfnews : Israelis fire on Palestinian Land Day protesters (external - login to view)

The MSM is downplaying the size of this march and the level of Israeli force used to stop the marches. However, total number participants along or near Israel's borders appear to be in the tens of thousands. Some injuries have been reported and at least one person was killed by Israeli forces:
One Palestinian protester killed, dozens arrested and injured in IDF clashes on Land Day - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News (external - login to view)

Protests seem to be winding down.
 
gerryh
+1
#228
So, you are saying that AFTER the protesters turned violent, the IDF used non lethal force to break up those violent protests.... is that right? Kudos to the IDF.
 
Cannuck
-1
#229
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

So, you are saying that AFTER the protesters turned violent, the IDF used non lethal force to break up those violent protests.... is that right? Kudos to the IDF.

So, you are saying that live fire is not lethal....on what planet?
 
gerryh
#230
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

So, you are saying that live fire is not lethal....on what planet?


Here's the quote.....

Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

..Israeli security forces fired rubber bullets, tear gas and stun grenades to break up groups of Palestinian stone-throwers on Friday as annual Land Day rallies turned violent...


Now, for the "medics" comments... I would want to see collaboration, or at least some context.
 
earth_as_one
#231
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

So, you are saying that AFTER the protesters turned violent, the IDF used non lethal force to break up those violent protests.... is that right? Kudos to the IDF.

Its hard to know who started the violence first. Considering these people marched from all directions and were blocked from Jerusalem in many places, I'd say probably both sides initiated violence in different locations.

I'd have to see the videos which I suspect should be hitting youtube already.

If I find something I'll post it.
 
Cannuck
+1 / -1
#232
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Now, for the "medics" comments... I would want to see collaboration, or at least some context.

So in other words, you didn't want to wait for all the facts before you congratulated the Israelis...or are you not interested in collaboration (sic) on their part?
 
earth_as_one
#233

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvAfYeSU2vBS8



Land Day - Jerusalem - March 30 2012 - YouTube


Warning
May contain bad Bollywood-like track...

Looks to me like ordinary people pressing toward Jerusalem until they encountered a barrier. I did not see any violence until the riot police rode up in their horses and sprayed everyone with noxious gases.

httpwwwyoutubecomwatchvEIeswhSRmuo


Compilation...

Different locations had different experiences... and probably different allocation of blame for initiating violence..
Last edited by earth_as_one; Mar 30th, 2012 at 01:55 PM..
 
Goober
#234
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Just thought I would re-post that comment as Goob and CB can't seem to wrap their heads around it. Honestly, I can't understand why it is so difficult for Goober to just type "Israel commits war crimes". If he's done it on other threads, there really is no reason he can't do it here. He must have ulterior motives.


Yes, a hidden agenda, of course - Really - I thought I was clear - I am not going to be trolled by someone like yourself that just goes on and on.

Bear posted a thread which puts paid to your false claim.

And EAO - You know as well as I do that I have condemned the Israeli's for War Crimes - You left Cannuck out to hang in the wind.

Clearly showing your integrity there now.
 
darkbeaver
#235
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Can you prove this? Otherwise its a belief system.


The proof is in the extant histories of the previous five or six thousand years. The selection of the name Israel has meaning other than the mundane. What was the message in that, I wonder? Even stranger than Israelites is the fact that you cannot march to Jerusalem, it never existed on earth. The one in the ME is made of dirt. hahahahahah



The Lost Light A B Khun pg 87
(It becomes evident on this thesis that the historical element of the scriptures is of far less significance than has been supposed. It is the philosophy of history and not the data of history that is of foremost concern. As exhibiting providential design in world life it becomes of epic moment. The Hebrew race has exploited this phase of the old methodology to its highest possibility, only, however, as Egypt had done before it; and has been so successful that it has left the impression of a unique and exalted hierarchical status for the Jewish race. The outcome of our correction of vision will be that we shall for the first time properly regard the Old Testament books as, in the main, the universal drama of the spiritual life masquerading in the disguise of Hebrew history subtly woven into the great cosmic epic! The Biblical title Israelites is a spiritual designation purely, and is wrongly taken in the sense of the name of an ethnic group. "My people of Israel" or "the children of Israel" of the Hebrew deity are just the divinized humans, mortals who have put on the immortal spiritual nature, men graduated into Christhood, a spiritual group in the early Mysteries. Gentiles were those who were not yet spiritually reborn. The word comes from the Latin and Greek roots, "gen," "gent," meaning simply "to be born." They were those born as the first or natural man, but not yet reborn as the spiritual Christ. It can be given no ethnic reference. The name "Israelite" is obviously compounded of "Is," abbreviation of Isis, or Eve’s original name, Issa (See Josephus); "Ra," the great Egyptian
87
solar god, male and spiritual; and the Hebrew "El," God. It would then read, Father-Mother-God, making his "children" the sons of God, i.e., Christs. Likewise the name "Hebrews" means "those beyond" (the merely human state), and therefore is practically identical with "Israelites." Finally the term "Jews" (from the plural of the Egyptian IU--Latin JU) refers to the "male-female divinities," a title given in the Mysteries to men made gods and thus restored to androgyne, or male-female, condition. The national Jews thus adopted for their historical name all three of the exalted spiritual designations conferred in the Mysteries on the Epoptae or completely divinized candidates.)pc93.tripod.com/lostlght.htm (external - login to view)
Last edited by darkbeaver; Mar 30th, 2012 at 04:26 PM..
 
Goober
#236
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

The answer is simple. Goober and many others here (Colpy, ES, DaSleeper, TaxSlave...) have never admitted a single specific Israeli war crime as far as I know. I can't claim to have seen every post. CB will admit that both sides commit war crimes if pressed. Their most common tactic to deal with irrefutable evidence of Israeli war crimes is ignore the post and label the poster as a Joo-hater.
Meanwhile back on topic.

EAO - You claim that I have not condemned Israeli War Crimes is utter BS.
Care to have your *** handed to you again. I can. But a retraction of your comment would be expected, without any qualifiers.
Game on - Game off -
Over to you Bucky.
 
CDNBear
+1
#237
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

So in other words, you didn't want to wait for all the facts before you congratulated the Israelis...or are you not interested in collaboration (sic) on their part?

The topic is Israel, not Gh.

If I had made that post to Fuzzy, or OB, or any one of your new pet members, I would receive a neg for it.

I hope me pointing out your hypocrisy, doesn't leave you to butthurt. I wouldn't want to ruin your weekend.
Last edited by CDNBear; Mar 30th, 2012 at 05:12 PM..
 
Goober
#238
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

So in other words, you didn't want to wait for all the facts before you congratulated the Israelis...or are you not interested in collaboration (sic) on their part?

The IDF responded using non lethal force. Would you prefer they used lethal force?
And what is this collaboration comment about Gerry- care to explain to a DDH?
 
Spade
#239
Speaking of the Mediterranean and the Near East.. Hey, Goober, how make a Maltese cross?
 
Goober
#240
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Speaking of the Mediterranean and the Near East.. Hey, Goober, how make a Maltese cross?

I have no idea
But I am sure it is witty.
 

Similar Threads

2
Watching your B.C. neighbors
by hermite | Jan 16th, 2010
23
Neighbors – Good and Bad -
by Goober | Feb 22nd, 2009
no new posts