D.Cheney undergoes Heart Transplant.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
[QUOTE ]

(Credit: Alex Brandon)
Former Vice President Dick Cheney received a heart transplant on Saturday, his office announced.

A statement from the former vice president's office said Cheney is now recovering in the Intensive Care Unit of Inova Fairfax Hospital in Falls Church, Va., outside of Washington.

The statement said Cheney had been on the transplant list for 20 months and did not know the identity of the donor. [/QUOTE]

I heard that he never had one. This could be a new experience for him.

Here is a "thought" what if the doner heart is from the kid that got shot by an over zealous shooter......8O 8O

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_...cheney-receives-heart-transplant/?tag=nl.e879

On standby for the rejection process to start. If that is a recent pic of him......he sure looks like crap.

and from CNN :

Former Vice President Dick Cheney is recovering after undergoing heart transplant surgery on Saturday, his office said.

Cheney has a history of heart problems dating back to 1978, when he had his first heart attack at age 37. He suffered subsequent heart attacks in 1984, in 1988, in 2000 and in 2010.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I wonder who got bumped down a notch on the waiting list. :smile: Anyhow I wish him the best.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
......and still walking around???;-):smile: (scientific progress being what it is )

How I wish this attitude existed for ALL HUMANITY........

Yep, as unsavory as some folks are, I've got a bit of a superstition about playing God with them, never know when some guy might think I'm an AS$hole. (No one on the forum I'm sure) :lol::lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Several years ago I read a novel by a well known author on the very subject of heart transplants, the gist being there was one heart and several candidates of various ages and walks of life. After all kinds of tests and other "back & forth", the heart didn't go to the most prestigious or the richest or even the sickest necessarily but to the recipient who was expected to get the most years of life out of it- a man in his early thirties. I'm really wondering if that was the criteria with Cheney. (Is anyone familiar with that book?)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There is another way of looking at this:

How many times did Bush and Chaney sit down and make a decision that resulted in the deaths of a thousand people? Or ten thousand?
To be completely honest, I don't give a $hit what happens to that SOB. If he was on fire I wouldn't pi$$ on him.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
There is another way of looking at this:

How many times did Bush and Chaney sit down and make a decision that resulted in the deaths of a thousand people? Or ten thousand?
To be completely honest, I don't give a $hit what happens to that SOB. If he was on fire I wouldn't pi$$ on him.

And how many times did they make a decision that saved ten thousand lives? :lol: (As far as I know there have been no more terrorist attacks on American soil since 9/11)

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
A heart transplant? Cheney would have been a perfect model for the Tin Woodsman. A sociopath like him deserves no sympathy.