Poll: Canadians don't trust Muslims

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
This poll shows that most Canadians do not trust Muslims and most feel that Muslims brought it on themselves..

More than half of Canadians mistrust Muslims, poll says

--------
Asked if Muslims can be trusted, a countrywide total of 52 per cent of respondents said either "not at all" or only "a little." Conversely, 48 per cent of those surveyed said they trusted Muslims "a lot" or "somewhat."

No other group asked about in the survey registered such low levels of trustworthiness.

Overall, 71 per cent of respondents expressed significant levels of trust in Protestants, 70 per cent trusted Catholics, 69 per cent trusted Jews, 64 per cent trusted aboriginal Canadians and 63 per cent trusted immigrants.

Read more: More than half of Canadians mistrust Muslims, poll says
-----------

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
I used to work for a Muslim owned company-that destroyed any illusions I harboured about them.

Muslims are a very naive poorly led bunch full of hate for other Muslim factions and it's astounding how poorly led they are.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
People don't trust each other. The media keep most people in fear about everything from lawyers, other races, religions, other factions of their own religions (Christians are no different from Muslims in that respect), governments, politicians, bureaucrats, rednecks, hippies, white collar workers, blue collar workers, unions, Big Pharma, the police...... It's freakin' insane out there. I don't trust polls or people who set any trust in them.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
This poll shows that most Canadians do not trust Muslims and most feel that Muslims brought it on themselves..

More than half of Canadians mistrust Muslims, poll says

--------
Asked if Muslims can be trusted, a countrywide total of 52 per cent of respondents said either "not at all" or only "a little." Conversely, 48 per cent of those surveyed said they trusted Muslims "a lot" or "somewhat."

So because of a mere 2% gap, suddenly you feel compelled to make a subject header that makes it sound like all Canadians don't trust Muslims?

What a waste of time.

No other group asked about in the survey registered such low levels of trustworthiness.

Overall, 71 per cent of respondents expressed significant levels of trust in Protestants, 70 per cent trusted Catholics, 69 per cent trusted Jews, 64 per cent trusted aboriginal Canadians and 63 per cent trusted immigrants.

Read more: More than half of Canadians mistrust Muslims, poll says
-----------

Do I trust Muslims?

No more or less than any other religious group out there.... including Christians, Jewish, Native and other immagrants...... Americans however are a different story...... I trust muslims more.

What areas of the country did they get the most responses from? Calgary where they got that photo from of the Neo Nazis??

Is it the Muslims's fault for our government officials in Canada, US, UK, etc. constantly making them out to be the most evil thing since Hippies?

What's the point of this thread again?

52% of Canadians are racists & intolerant, therefore I should be as well?

Let's toss the same poll into the US and see what magical numbers will appear..... 52% will look pretty damn good, I'm betting.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
petros nice comment. The fact is Muslims are not trusted by most Canadians and listening
I hear a much less tolerant nation in many regards. The reason people feel this way is not
that we've changed the fact is for many it is a latent quiet feeling that has always been there.
The biggest difference I find is the twenty somethings. They don't like immigrants period in my
humble view. Many younger Canadians think we should adopt the American model of a
melting pot rather than multiculturalism.
We are heading for problems if the trend continues, and yes I think there is a sense that the
Muslims are not to be trusted because they don't fit in, in the view of many. It is sad because
this country could be so much more.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I live next to muslims and they're the best neighbours an atheist could ever have.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Do I trust Muslims?

No more or less than any other religious group out there.... including Christians, Jewish, Native and other immagrants...... Americans however are a different story...... I trust muslims more.

That's simply because you're somewhat ignorant.

What areas of the country did they get the most responses from? Calgary where they got that photo from of the Neo Nazis??

See what I mean?

Let's toss the same poll into the US and see what magical numbers will appear..... 52% will look pretty damn good, I'm betting.

Oh and obsessive.

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
My neighbor is an easterner, worst neighbor I ever had. Not sure which one I trust the least!! :lol:

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
My neighbor is an easterner, worst neighbor I ever had. Not sure which one I trust the least!! :lol:

So could this be the real reason for all of your venom-filled posts towards Eastern Canadians? If so, that could explain a lot!