Vicar hospitalised with potato up his bum

Locutus

Adorable Deplorable
Jun 18, 2007
A vicar claims a potato got stuck up his bottom after he fell on to the vegetable while hanging curtains in the nude.

The clergyman, in his 50s, told medical staff at Sheffield's Northern General Hospital that the accident was definitely not due to a sex game.

He had to undergo surgery to extract the spud from his backside, according to The Sun.
A&E nurse Trudi Watson told the paper: "He explained to me, quite sincerely, he had been hanging curtains naked in he kitchen when he fell backwards on to the kitchen table and on to a potato.
"But it's not for me to question his story."

She went on to reveal other objects removed from people's derriére, including a cucumber, a Russian doll and a carnation.

'It was a million to one shot, doc, million to one.'

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Hanging curtains. Naked. So, flashing the whole neighbourhood. :)

He couldn't come up with a better explanation than that! LOL

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Let me get this right, the guy ends up in emergency with a potato stuck, and he claims he
fell on it while hanging curtains in the nude. Does anyone want to bet on the odds of that
actually happening? I thought preachers were supposed to tell the truth and shame the
Devil? Which room was he hanging curtains in? That has to be part of the equation here
no?
Oh ask yourself What would Jesus do?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Surgery??? Surely that potato would pop out as eassily as it popped in.

The obvious lesson here is don't hang curtains in the nude when there are long, pointy, potatoes lying around:roll:

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
A St. Patrick's Day stunt. Irish potato no doubt.

Thank gawd he didn't fall backwards on the Qu'ran. That could have started a religious war.

Kakato

Time Out
Jun 10, 2009
Alberta/N.W.T./Sask/B.C
He planned pretty good for this by putting that potato on the dinner table,then he knew he would have something to "fall back on" in hard times.

At least it wasent an alter boy.

Spade

Ace Poster
Nov 18, 2008
Aether Island
Then again, he could of fallen on a politician. Listening to a politician speaking out of someone else's arse would be a pleasant change.