Trayvon Martin: civil rights leaders call for Florida police chief to resign

View Poll Results: Should George Zimmerman be arrested???
No. He acted in self defense 4 12.50%
Yes. Then let the legal system play out 8 25.00%
Dunno. No enough facts in this case yet 9 28.13%
The USA is so Fukked up, where is the pop corn. 11 34.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

lol.

You rat! LOL.

L Gilbert
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

You rat! LOL.

*Cheesy, buck-toothed grin*

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

*Cheesy, buck-toothed grin*

LOL

I told one of my kids one day that they sounded like a broken record.

They looked at me like I had two heads.

L Gilbert
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

LOL
I told one of my kids one day that they sounded like a broken record.
They looked at me like I had two heads.

Yeah, a friend told us she took out her collection of 45s one time and was sorting through them and her kids were asking her what they were for. lol

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

Martin funeral director: No signs of fight on body

Martin funeral director: No signs of fight on body - CBS News (external - login to view)

Video of Zimmerman with cops shows NO injuries on him or blood. Head wounds are particularly bloody because it is a very vascular area .......Broken noses are accompanied by mishapen noses, and loads of blood too. There should have been loads of blood on his face , head and clothes. None shows up . He claims the cops cleaned him up.......?????

Also, IF he was a competant Neighborhood watch volunteer , he should have known the area in the dark as well as he knew it in daytime. Yet......he needed time to find out where he was , when talking to dispatch.

Nothing about this fits........ (so far )

IMHO.........don't think Zimmerman the dad is doing his son any favors by relating second hand information from his son. things are convoluted enough.

Of course he is presumed innocent until proven guilty of whatever offense he would be charged with. But anyway you slice it........ something just stinks here.

Is there a precident to this kind of handling of a homicide. ??
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; Mar 29th, 2012 at 07:10 PM..

damngrumpy
+1
There has been no trial that I agree with, but the more this story unfolds the more I have doubts
about Zimmerman's story. When brought into the police station he does not look like he had a
broken nose, or that seriously injured. He is clearly in the wrong from a self defence verdict as
he followed the suspect and we can only imagine what might be a suspect for but none the less
a suspect.
Zimmerman has a price on his head, from one of the more radical groups and that is a serious
situation. When you have groups putting a price on the head of other citizens the first rule of
societal law in in jeopardy. I am seriously doubting the Zimmerman account of events and of
course the other side of the story will be difficult to determine as the other person is dead.
the worst of it is the law itself is poorly constructed and should be repealed immediately.

gopher
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Are you believing Gopher rumors

yep - fer sure!

skookumchuck
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

yep - fer sure!

Pulpit of Power Version of Trayvon Martin - YouTube

Ocean Breeze
+1 / -1
Makes one wonder what the caucasian folks are so afraid of when it involves the black contingency of the nation. (or any dark pigmentation ).

Possible theory: History has shown how the caucasian has treated the black in the US.....between slavery , segregation, outcasting them, dehumanizing them , lynching them....and gosh knows what else.....

Might this fear be related to a possible overall black revolt out of the suppressed rage they might be carrying due to years of abuse from the white. Maybe even some guilt.

Why the fear of them.?? It's not like the white has not committed horrendous crimes on each other.

What is the real threat?? Psychological and other wise?? Is there some kind of threat to the "status" of the while person??

The silly thiing is that the black folks have proven themselves to be excellent in sports and other fields. Maybe this is because they still have to fight harder to get what comes quite easily for the white .....or that the white take for granted as in being entitled to as opposed to earning.

Perhaps it is a very good thing , that this is getting as much attention as it is. It covers every "sensitive" issue involved. Race, ethics, racial profiling, how the law does not apply the same principles to all equally. So far those that are defending Zimmerman present heresay or personal relationship /friendship character qualities. ( which cannot be unbiased due to being friends etc)

IF Zimmerman had his head hammered to the pavement as his supporter claims......the injuries would be a lot more obvious. with probable cuts, bruising , bleeding matted hair. The scalp is an extremely vascular area .....and bleeds easily. when injured. What is described by supporter........is not just a minor head punch......but actual bashing on the pavement.

IF his clothes are being examined (as apparently they are ....for both of them) , it will be interesting to find out just how profusely he was actually bleeding and how come nothing showed on the video released today by the police. IF he was given first aid.......who did it , and what was actually done?? He was walking rather normally for someone that claims he had been beaten so badly , he had to shoot and kill in self defense. IF he had his nose broken......there should at least be bruising and bleeding from the area.

It still boils down to : Zimmerman did NOT follow directions or protocol. He contined to follow Martin , even after he was told not to. And he was carrying a gun.....which is against Neighbourhood watch regulations. For someone that is supposed to be very familiar with an area (part of Neighborhood watch reqirements ) , he did not know where exactly he was ...and had to locate a sign post.

The more tidbits that come out the more interesting it gets. Even Oprah has added her opinions into the mix now.

( wonder if they are selling movie rights as we speak)

Colpy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

Makes one wonder what the caucasian folks are so afraid of when it involves the black contingency of the nation. (or any dark pigmentation ).

Possible theory: History has shown how the caucasian has treated the black in the US.....between slavery , segregation, outcasting them, dehumanizing them , lynching them....and gosh knows what else.....

Might this fear be related to a possible overall black revolt out of the suppressed rage they might be carrying due to years of abuse from the white. Maybe even some guilt.

Why the fear of them.?? It's not like the white has not committed horrendous crimes on each other.

What is the real threat?? Psychological and other wise?? Is there some kind of threat to the "status" of the while person??

The silly thiing is that the black folks have proven themselves to be excellent in sports and other fields. Maybe this is because they still have to fight harder to get what comes quite easily for the white .....or that the white take for granted as in being entitled to as opposed to earning.

Perhaps it is a very good thing , that this is getting as much attention as it is. It covers every "sensitive" issue involved. Race, ethics, racial profiling, how the law does not apply the same principles to all equally. So far those that are defending Zimmerman present heresay or personal relationship /friendship character qualities. ( which cannot be unbiased due to being friends etc)

IF Zimmerman had his head hammered to the pavement as his supporter claims......the injuries would be a lot more obvious. with probable cuts, bruising , bleeding matted hair. The scalp is an extremely vascular area .....and bleeds easily. when injured. What is described by supporter........is not just a minor head punch......but actual bashing on the pavement.

IF his clothes are being examined (as apparently they are ....for both of them) , it will be interesting to find out just how profusely he was actually bleeding and how come nothing showed on the video released today by the police. IF he was given first aid.......who did it , and what was actually done?? He was walking rather normally for someone that claims he had been beaten so badly , he had to shoot and kill in self defense. IF he had his nose broken......there should at least be bruising and bleeding from the area.

It still boils down to : Zimmerman did NOT follow directions or protocol. He contined to follow Martin , even after he was told not to. And he was carrying a gun.....which is against Neighbourhood watch regulations. For someone that is supposed to be very familiar with an area (part of Neighborhood watch reqirements ) , he did not know where exactly he was ...and had to locate a sign post.

The more tidbits that come out the more interesting it gets. Even Oprah has added her opinions into the mix now.

( wonder if they are selling movie rights as we speak)

This might have something to do with white suspicion of Afro-Americans.

Locutus
+2
March 30, 2012 Second Trayvon Martin Twitter feed identified Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/03/29/second-trayvon-martin-twitter-feed-identified/#ixzz1qajl5oWD (external - login to view)

Initial Police Report:

WESH PDF Viewer (external - login to view)

"While I was in such close contact with Zimmerman, I could observe that his back appeared to be wet and was covered in grass, as if he had been laying on his back on the ground. Zimmerman was also bleeding from the nose and back of his head."

Zimmerman was placed in the rear of my police vehicle and was given first aid by the SFD. While the SFD was attending to Zimmerman, I over heard him state 'I was yelling for somebody to help me, but no one would help me.' At no point did I question Zimmerman about the incident that had taken place. Once Zimmerman was cleared by the SFD, he was transported to the Sanford Police Department."

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

What is the real threat?? Psychological and other wise?? Is there some kind of threat to the "status" of the while person?? ...

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
White people have nothing to do with this you racist. Zimmerman is Hispanic.

lone wolf
+1
Breezy doesn't care about facts. She's a peace lover - as long as it's on her terms

spaminator
Quote:

Deon Cole has a fantastic solution for black folks afraid to wear their hoodies in public.

i.cdn.turner.com/v5cache/TBS/...&videoId=29661 (external - login to view)

Locutus
+2
With such a steady diet of sickeningly slanted, trollish media that we're all blasted with, it's not hard to see where much of the fault lays. That and uniformed closed-minded people.

MSNBC's Convenient Ellipses Make Zimmerman Look Racist

In a published report bylined "msnbc.com (external - login to view) Staff and NBC News," a quote attributed to Trayvon Martin shooter George Zimmerman, appears to be purposefully distorted by the left to read as though Zimmerman is a racist. A full reading of the transcript of the quoted 911 call suggests nothing of the kind. Here's what MSNBC staff and NBC News published (external - login to view).

This guy looks like he’s up to no good he looks black,” Zimmerman told a police dispatcher from his car. His father has said that Zimmerman is Hispanic, grew up in a multiracial family, and is not racist.
The quote gives the impression Zimmer was somehow equating the fact that Martin was black with his looking suspicious, or "up to no good." Here is what MSNBC/NBC News left out thanks to a convenient ellipsis (external - login to view).

ZIMMERMAN: This guy looks like he's up to no good, [begin ellipsis] or he's on drugs or something. It's raining and he's just walking around, looking about.
911 DISPATCHER: Okay, is this guy, is he white, black, or Hispanic? [end ellipsis]
ZIMMERMAN: He looks black.

more clear thinking

MSNBC's Convenient Ellipses Make Zimmerman Look Racist (external - login to view)

CDNBear
+2
There's nothing better than a little divisive reporting, to stir up the nutters.

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

That and uniformed closed-minded people.

That's going a bit far; we already know an investigator didn't believe Martin's story.

Cannuck

That and uniformed closed-minded people.

We have a thread for that..

forums.canadiancontent.net/ho...-ignorant.html (external - login to view)

L Gilbert
+3
Ya know, if it were me that figured out that I had screwed up by shooting some kid after I thought he had a gun, found out it was a phone and a bag of skittles, and didn't want to face the music, it wouldn't be too far fetched to think I couldn't give myself a fat lip, bloody nose, and a few scratches on my head and concoct a story that sounded reasonable. A little pain and loss of blood beats a court battle and jailtime, IMO.

Just a possibility to consider.

Liberalman
Zimmerman is just another American cowboy who probably likes to watch Justified

damngrumpy
It is time to take a deep breath here. the demonstrations are becoming louder and more forceful
and if things are not toned down and the rhetoric controlled we will see violence the like of that
has not been seen for more than half a century.
The more i watch the more I am beginning to think this Zimmerman killed the kid for no reason
the trial has not been held that is true but he went after the kid and that does not follow the
rules of self defence under the State Law. He does not appear to have a broken anything
in police file pictures and he didn't appear to be someone who was beaten up.
the 911 tapes don't back up the story either so far, The most troubling development is
the fact that he went into hiding and is resting up from what?
I think an arrest is in order, if for no other reason the authorities need to know the true
state of injuries if any. There is a hell of a lot that doesn't add up. Doesn't mean he is
guilty but it needs to be professionally cleared up by science.

Locutus
+2
Here's one of the most notorious trolls:

Al Sharpton: Civil disobedience will escalate if Zimmerman remains free

George Zimmerman Trayvon Al Sharpton: Rev. Al Sharpton will escalate efforts if George Zimmerman isn't arrested in Trayvon's death. - Orlando Sentinel (external - login to view)

(Al is likely a fan of Katt 'the comedian' Williams)

Not everyone buys his bullshyte:

Civil rights leaders condemn Sharpton's call for escalated civil disobedience

Civil rights leaders condemn Sharpton's call for escalated civil disobedience | News - Home (external - login to view)

damngrumpy
Sharpton did not advocate for the escalation of disobedience he merely stated
the reality of the situation and we are watching the slow demise of sanity here.

Locutus
+5
"I will speak about how the National Action Network will move to the next level if Zimmerman isn't arrested," Sharpton said, who founded the organization. He added that it was the Martin family and lawyers who first asked him to get involved and nationalize this story.

Do keep us posted on his rally today eh.

It would be nice to see this dude owned as he was in the Tawana Brawley hoax.

Colpy
+3

"I will speak about how the National Action Network will move to the next level if Zimmerman isn't arrested," Sharpton said, who founded the organization. He added that it was the Martin family and lawyers who first asked him to get involved and nationalize this story.

Do keep us posted on his rally today eh.

It would be nice to see this dude owned as he was in the Tawana Brawley hoax.

Yeah, I was gonna bring that up.

Al Sharpton is about as loathsome a bit of pond scum as there is on the face of the earth.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana_Brawley (external - login to view)

Locutus
+1
MSNBC's Touré Has Epic Race-Baiting Meltdown On CNN

MSNBC's Touré Has Epic Race-Baiting Meltdown On CNN (external - login to view)

CDNBear

MSNBC's Touré Has Epic Race-Baiting Meltdown On CNN

MSNBC's Touré Has Epic Race-Baiting Meltdown On CNN (external - login to view)

For someone that sold himself out to be a judge on silly TV. Piers is one of the few commentators I enjoy watching from time to time.

Tonington
+2
Trayvon Martin Case: George Zimmerman Was 'Jekyll And Hyde,' Former Co-Worker Says (external - login to view)
Zimmerman, the 28-year-old Sanford, Fla., neighborhood watch volunteer who shot the unarmed 17-year-old Martin to death last month, was fired from a job securing illegal house parties for “being too aggressive,” according to the New York Daily News, which quoted a former colleague of Zimmerman’s. According to the co-worker, Zimmerman worked for two agencies that provided security for house parties from 2001 to 2005.

“Usually he was just a cool guy,” said the former co-worker, who the newspaper didn't name. “But it was like Jekyll and Hyde. When dude snapped, he snapped.” The Daily News said Zimmerman earned $50 to $100 a night for the parties. He was fired for being too aggressive with patrons.

“He had a temper and he became a liability,” the newspaper quoted the former co-worker as saying. “One time this woman was acting a little out of control. She was drunk. George lost his cool and totally overreacted,” he said. “It was weird, because he was such a cool guy, but he got all nuts. He picked her up and threw her. It was pure rage. She twisted her ankle. Everyone was flipping out.”
Trayvon Martin's body showed no sign of fight, contradicting Zimmerman's claim - National Crime | Examiner.com (external - login to view)
Sanford, Fla. - According to the funeral director who prepared Trayvon Martin (external - login to view)'s body for burial, the teen showed no signs he'd been in a fight with the only injury on him being the single gunshot wound to the chest that killed him. This appears to contradict the claim of George Zimmerman, who alleges he and the teen were engaged in a violent fight before he fatally shot the young man.

“We could see no physical signs like there had been a scuffle [or] there had been a fight,” funeral director Richard Kurtz told CBS News (external - login to view). “The hands – I didn't see any knuckles, bruises or what have you. And that is something we would have covered up if it would have been there.”

skookumchuck
+1
While it is absolutely repugnent to advance any form of racism, many modern anti racism advocates remind me of Dr Spock's take on child raising. At least in his case he recanted when when his methods were proven counterproductive.

Locutus
+2
Yep. The 'advancement' that occurs far too often and is blatantly obvious in this case is highly dangerous to society but a great tool for the politicians and social leaders. That's dispicable.

The sanest, kindess and most level-headed of us in here would still be treated as a crazed racist by the usual suspects and their like-minded legions. The perpetual scab-picking is insidious.

no new posts