Trayvon Martin: civil rights leaders call for Florida police chief to resign

View Poll Results: Should George Zimmerman be arrested???
No. He acted in self defense 4 12.50%
Yes. Then let the legal system play out 8 25.00%
Dunno. No enough facts in this case yet 9 28.13%
The USA is so Fukked up, where is the pop corn. 11 34.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Colpy
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Elderly Couple In Fear Over Spike Lee Tweet
MARCH 27--With Twitter and Facebook continuing to explode with posts purporting to contain the address of George Zimmerman, property records and interviews reveal that the home is actually the longtime residence of a married Florida couple, both in their 70s, who have no connection to the man who killed Trayvon Martin and are now living in fear due to erroneous reports about their connection to the shooter.
The mass dissemination of the address on Edgewater Circle in Sanford--the Florida city where Martin was shot to death last month--took flight last Friday when director Spike Lee retweeted a tweet containing Zimmerman’s purported address to his 240,000 followers.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Let's see:

The media have convicted Zimmerman without trial.

The new Black Panthers have put a price on his head.

Spike Lee and various other idiots are broadcasting his (incorrect) address, hoping for his murder.

WHO ARE THE VIGILANTES NOW????

BTW, as to the OP that opened this thread....turns out the police wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter......but the State Attorney's office refused, citing "no chance of conviction".

The man is not guilty, by all appearances.

Tonington
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

Let's see:

Quote:

Not guilty is a decision too, and without a trial!

Quote:

BTW, as to the OP that opened this thread....turns out the police wanted to charge Zimmerman with manslaughter......but the State Attorney's office refused, citing "no chance of conviction".

That's not what happened, not according to new reports out today:
Trayvon Martin case: Police wanted arrest warrant for George Zimmerman (external - login to view)
Asked to confirm that the police recommended a manslaughter charge, special prosecutor Angela Corey said: “I don’t know about that, but as far as the process I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning: ‘We’re through with our investigation and here it is for you.’ The state attorney impaneled a grand jury, but before anything else could be done, the governor stepped in and asked us to pick it up in midstream.”

A capias is a request for charges to be filed.

The Seminole County State Attorney’s Office declined to comment on whether its prosecutors ever recommended against filing charges.

“If you go with what was reported in the press the first night, there would have been an arrest right away, but obviously something gave investigators pause,” said a source in the Seminole State Attorney’s office who did not want to speak publicly, because the case is now assigned to a different prosecutor. “We get capias warrants all the time. That doesn’t mean we file charges right away. We investigate to see if it’s appropriate. That’s the responsible thing to do.”

The Seminole County State Attorney’s Office was consulted the night of Trayvon’s killing, but no prosecutor ever visited the scene. As the controversy intensified, Florida Gov. Rick Scott replaced Seminole State Attorney Norm Wolfinger with Corey, the state attorney for Duval, Nassau and Clay counties, based in Jacksonville.

“The case now has a new state attorney, and they didn’t file charges the first day they got it, either,” the Seminole prosecutor who asked to remain anonymous said.

Locutus
+1
That's the thing. It's a dredged-up story intended to promote racial unrest. Press love it, Obama joined-in the score points and there ya have it.

Funny how this type of situation gets all warped and exaggerated. Although one of the Trayvon pics Malkin posted was wrong, and she came clean and took it down, the old altered Zimmerman ones and the Trayhoodie ones should have been addressed by the press too. Maybe too sensitive a subject for them. Might hurt someones' feelings.

more here:

Was Trayvon Martin a Gangster? Is George Zimmerman being demonized? | Z6Mag (external - login to view)

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

Not guilty is a decision too, and without a trial!
That's not what happened, not according to new reports out today:
Trayvon Martin case: Police wanted arrest warrant for George ZimmermanAsked to confirm that the police recommended a manslaughter charge, special prosecutor Angela Corey said: “I don’t know about that, but as far as the process I can tell you that the police went to the state attorney with a capias request, meaning: ‘We’re through with our investigation and here it is for you.’ The state attorney impaneled a grand jury, but before anything else could be done, the governor stepped in and asked us to pick it up in midstream.”
A capias is a request for charges to be filed.

Well, perhaps I should have said "the man is innocent, to all appearances".

Locutus
Another individual with some influence to help calm things down, but no. Barry and the boyz should be ashamed.

Spike Lee Won't Apologize, Has 'No Comment' On Terror Tweet

The O’Reilly Factor contacted Spike Lee’s production company “40 Acres and a Mule.” Instead of issuing a statement or an apology, the executive office told Factor producer Jesse Watters that Spike Lee had “no comment.” That’s it. The famous filmmaker is coming under heavy pressure on Twitter to apologize. Lee's tweet has been removed, but it continues to be retweeted. Developing…

Read more: Spike Lee Won't Apologize, Has 'No Comment' On Terror Tweet - Spike Lee - Fox Nation (external - login to view)

Police video of Zimmerman being taken into jail. Doesn't appear too beat up.

George Zimmerman on Police Surveillance | Video - ABC News (external - login to view)

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiingView Post

In a perfect world, the race of either wouldn't be an issue. But in that world this would not be national news either. There is little doubt, unfortunatly, that the race of both parties is very much a part of this equation and this story.

It sure seems to be now. Typical human foolishness.

Let's see:

He's in jail?

Quote:

The new Black Panthers have put a price on his head.

Spike Lee and various other idiots are broadcasting his (incorrect) address, hoping for his murder.

Nutbars abound.

Quote:

WHO ARE THE VIGILANTES NOW????

Someone else got shot?

Quote:

You mean by some opinions.

gopher
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

If Martin had shot Zimmerman, would Martin have been charged?

No question about it.

Interesting, I have been hearing rumors that Trayvon was shot in the back. So far, however, no news reports to confirm that. Further details to follow, I'm sure ...

Say, with all the pro gun threads we've had in this forum over the years, why hasn't anyone started a topic thread about Trayvon's death being proof we ALL need to exercise our Second Amendment rights???

----------------------

A few minutes I made this post, I cam across this bit of news on another site:

Trayvon Martin Case: Police Video Shows No Blood, Bruises On George Zimmerman After Killing (external - login to view)

Video shows Zimmerman without any bruises on his face, contrary to all the reports we have gotten.

Hmmm - interesting.

Colpy
Quote: Originally Posted by gopherView Post

No question about it.
Interesting, I have been hearing rumors that Trayvon was shot in the back. So far, however, no news reports to confirm that. Further details to follow, I'm sure ...
Say, with all the pro gun threads we've had in this forum over the years, why hasn't anyone started a topic thread about Trayvon's death being proof we ALL need to exercise our Second Amendment rights???
----------------------

Ah....if a guy is on top of you slamming your head into the pavement, he is very likely to get shot in the back......

gopher
+1
Quote:

Ah....if a guy is on top of you slamming your head into the pavement, he is very likely to get shot in the back......

Yep ~ now had Trayvon been smart, as he was slamming Zimmerman's head to the ground he should have picked up the gun and used it. But obviously he must have been a liberal who did not believe in Second Amendment rights unlike you and me - that's why he didn't take the gun and shoot it.

damngrumpy
+1
There was one troubling piece of information that came out today. Apparently Zimmerman was
following the deceased and that would mean the self defence rule was void in Florida. I find this
very troubling, people without formal police training patrolling the streets with guns, and getting
into physical altercations. We have groups putting a price on someones head is just crazy.
These kinds of things happen in third world countries and we condemn it.
Perhaps something good can come out of this, but God I don't know how. How is it that a great
and modern nation can sink so low as a society? I am not being insulting here, I am deeply
concerned as what happens in America comes here and I feel some of it already has. Canadians
often look south and smirk at some of the nonsense that goes on. Take a look around my friends
we are in many ways a mirror image of historic moving disaster. We have laws that are ignored
we have police behaving like punks at times and police women taking their institution to task in a
giant class action suit over sexual harassment. For Gods, sake its the police being accused.
Trayvon Martin is just the tip of the iceberg and if we are not careful it is the beginning of a very
slippery slope into societal breakdown. It is time for citizens in North America to stand up and
say enough.

Locutus
+1

Those pesky students and their freedom of this and that.

You Won't Believe UT's Daily Texan Trayvon Martin Cartoon (UPDATED) - Houston News - Hair Balls (external - login to view)

Quote: Originally Posted by gopher;1567557

[URL="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/28/trayvon-martin-police-video_n_1386764.html"

Trayvon Martin Case: Police Video Shows No Blood, Bruises On George Zimmerman After Killing[/URL]

Video shows Zimmerman without any bruises on his face, contrary to all the reports we have gotten.

Hmmm - interesting.

Also interesting was that a link was posted to that same video 3 hours before you updated your own.

At any rate, let's assume he was cleaned up by EMT and the little mark on the back of his dome is a wound...if he shot buddy while he was on top of him, I think he'd naturally push him off right away and get up. Might not be time for ol' Tray to have bled-out all over him. At the same time, the EMT report would help along with detailed ones from the pohleece. All in good time I suppose.

Oh...and NOW little Spike has decided to 'apologize'.

Not for tweeting an address, just their particular one even though he insists on peace and justice and all that jazz. He just twitted the wrong address and got found out.

Dick.

https://twitter.com/#!/SpikeLee (external - login to view)

Colpy
+3
After Trayvon Martin was shot, police wanted to arrest George Zimmerman, but prosecutors did not approve warrant: reports | News | National Post

I hope nobody consider my defense of Zimmerman indicates that I am positive he is innocent.......I simply think there is a lot of evidence that points to him being not guilty, and I don't like lynch mobs.

And I do like to play the Devil's Advocate.

earth_as_one
+2
No evidence exists which supports Zimmerman's story. If he was attacked as claimed he should have had at least a scratch or a bruise. But he doesn't have a scratch. So all we have is Zimmerman's word that he was attacked and a dead black kid. Since the police messed up the crime scene, I doubt we'll ever know what happened.

While I can't that Zimmerman got away with murder with 100% certainty, its the most likely explanation for the lack of evidence supporting Zimmerman's story.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

No evidence exists which supports Zimmerman's story. If he was attacked as claimed he should have had at least a scratch or a bruise. But he doesn't have a scratch. So all we have is Zimmerman's word that he was attacked and a dead black kid. Since the police messed up the crime scene, I doubt we'll ever know what happened.

While I can't that Zimmerman got away with murder with 100% certainty, its the most likely explanation for the lack of evidence supporting Zimmerman's story.

"...and a dead black kid."

More race baiting.

earth_as_one
+2
The US is not the only country with race issues. We have racists or people who make assumptions about character based on race here in Canada too. Are you going to claim that all Americans are without prejudice?

I don't know why Zimmerman shot a young black kid wearing a hoodie. But he did start following him because he "looked" suspicious... not because he was doing something suspicious... so that means Zimmerman's initial judgement was based on appearances.

In Canada we don't have a "Stand your ground" law. The same case here in Canada likely would have been treated as a homicide from the start, until the evidence supported claims of self defense.

In Canada if someone breaks into your house, and you have a choice to leave the house safely, then you must leave the house. If you stay and shoot the intruder, you will be charged with murder. (You'll probably be out in under two years) The only way you can defend yourself legally is if you are attacked or have reasonable cause to believe you are about to be attacked and you have no other option but to defend yourself.

mentalfloss
Trayvon shooter Zimmerman appears unhurt in video | CTV News
Last edited by mentalfloss; Mar 29th, 2012 at 10:25 AM..

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

The US is not the only country with race issues. We have racists or people who make assumptions about character based on race here in Canada too. Are you going to claim that all Americans are without prejudice?

Oh there is much racism here. Spike Lee, Sharpton, Jackson are prime examples of racism in this country.

Quote:

I don't know why Zimmerman shot a young black kid wearing a hoodie. But he did start following him because he "looked" suspicious... not because he was doing something suspicious... so that means Zimmerman's initial judgement was based on appearances.

"shot a young black kid"

Yet more race baiting.

Who knows why Hispanics shoot many African-Americans and visa versa. It has been going on for decades now. The only difference in this case is that the Hispanic has a white sounding name and that is a NO NO.

Quote:

In Canada we don't have a "Stand your ground" law. The same case here in Canada likely would have been treated as a homicide from the start, until the evidence supported claims of self defense.

Same as Massachusetts.

Quote:

In Canada if someone breaks into your house, and you have a choice to leave the house safely, then you must leave the house. If you stay and shoot the intruder, you will be charged with murder. (You'll probably be out in under two years) The only way you can defend yourself legally is if you are attacked or have reasonable cause to believe you are about to be attacked and you have no other option but to defend yourself.

Same here again in Massachusetts. You must leave the criminal be to do as he pleases. You are encouraged to beg, plead and submit to the will of the thug... but not defend yourself or your property. Recently in Massachusetts a man punched a car thief that he caught breaking into his car. The man was instantly arrested for assault! Oh what justice we have.

And fear not ye Liberals. In Massachusetts we have a similar Stand you Ground bill coming up. The Governor of MA said he doubt the bill will go anywhere but if it reaches his desk he will veto it. The mere THOUGHT of people defending themselves from thugs and criminals is REPULSIVE in my Liberal state!

lone wolf

How? Wouldn't his front be facing you?

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Colpy would be giving him a big Ol' hug... then BLAM!

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Are you believing Gopher rumors

lone wolf
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Are you believing Gopher rumors

No ... I'm just getting a picture of Gumby being mugged

Locutus
+1
Geez...does anyone have the video of Z at the jail?

But seriously folks...

All these celebrities, politicos and pseudo-intelligensia types should shut the hell up and quit trolling and race-baiting their own country. If and when there is/might be sufficient evidence that our Hispanic friend should be charged then I'm sure the prosecutors will handle it for them.

spaminator
Will Studio Pull Neighborhood Watch After Trayvon Shooting? Airdate : 3/27/2012

The movie Neighborhood Watch, starring Hollywood heavyweights Ben Stiller, Vince Vaughn, and Jonah Hill, was poised to be one of the summer's biggest blockbusters.

But that was before the national uproar over the killing of Trayvon Martin by neighborhood watch volunteer George Zimmerman.

Now the trailer, showing Jonah Hill firing a finger gun, has been pulled from theatres in Florida where Trayvon was shot.
"We are very sensitive to the Trayvon Martin case," says a spokesperson for the movie studio Twentieth Century Fox. "But our film bears absolutely no relation to the tragic events in Florida. Above all else, our thoughts go out to the families touched by this terrible event."

The stars play suburban dads who form a neighborhood watch group to get time away from their families. In one scene, they drag a kid into a police station.
The poster for the movie, which show a neighborhood watch street sign riddled with bullet holes, has also been pulled as the movie studio scrambles to release a new marketing campaign.
But there are no plans to change the release date for the comedy, which cost around $70 million to make.

Should Neighborhood Watch be delayed? People had differing opinions.
One person surveyed said, "A moment of Jonah Hill looking like he's shooting somebody? Not cool."
Another women said, "Do I think it's in poor taste? Absolutely."
"With these players, I don't think you should take it so seriously," said one man.
And on our online poll, we asked, should Neighborhood Watch still be released this summer? 68 percent of people said "Yes, the movie has nothing to do with the shooting." 32 percent said "No, it is bad timing."

News - Will Studio Pull Neighborhood Watch After Trayvon Shooting? - InsideEdition.com (external - login to view)

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

ABC News 7 reports Monday that Trayvon Martin, the Florida teen who was shot and killed by a neighborhood watch volunteer, made his own call to 911 just moments before his death

Continue reading on Examiner.com Trayvon Martin made his own 911 call before his death; FBI investigates - National unsolved cases | Examiner.com (external - login to view) Trayvon Martin made his own 911 call before his death; FBI investigates - National unsolved cases | Examiner.com (external - login to view)

Trayvon Martin made his own 911 call before his death; FBI investigates - National unsolved cases | Examiner.com (external - login to view)

Quote:

The same case here in Canada likely would have been treated as a homicide from the start, until the evidence supported claims of self defense

Isn't shooting and KILLING another human being classified as HOMICIDE??? Self defense is one of the reasons that one has committed homicide.

Zimmerman, shot and killed Martin: = Homicide

Motive: uncertain.

Seems that since Martin was being followed by Zimmerman......(even AFTER BEING TOLD NOT TO DO SO) It was Martin who was being threatened.

What was Zimmerman wearing?? We know that Martin was wearing a hoodie. A white t shirt has been mentioned. Yet no one is saying who was wearing it......

Zimmerman was NOT supposed to carry a gun while doing this job.

The cops wanted to arrest him and had justifiable cause..(as per procedure ).....but were told "not to" .

Something went sideways along that line of communication (chain of command)..

EagleSmack
+4

spaminator
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

SLM
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

Well done.

How very 70's of you, lol.

Colpy
+1
Yeah, I saw that, and he looked pretty damn healthy.

They need to talk to the Emergency Medical Techs that were on the scene.

DaSleeper
+2

Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Well done.
How very 70's of you, lol.

You want Nouvelle mode??????
Here it is....

L Gilbert
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post