Trayvon Martin: civil rights leaders call for Florida police chief to resign

View Poll Results: Should George Zimmerman be arrested???
No. He acted in self defense 4 12.50%
Yes. Then let the legal system play out 8 25.00%
Dunno. No enough facts in this case yet 9 28.13%
The USA is so Fukked up, where is the pop corn. 11 34.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

EagleSmack
Hilarious!

CDNBear
+2
Post #1566846 - Re: Trayvon Martin: civil rights leaders call for Florida police chief to resign (external - login to view) Bad Cannuck;

Awww, poor little Jimmy, so beside himself with rage, he's lost for words.

Post #1566877 - Re: Trayvon Martin: civil rights leaders call for Florida police chief to resign (external - login to view) Bad Cannuck

Keep crying Jimmy. Each tear makes me LOL for real.

L Gilbert
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

There is actually some question on whether Zimmerman was ever a member of any Neighbourhood Watch.

Last thing I read said he was self-appointed.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Nothing screams grieving mother, like capitalizing on the death of your child...

lol It's the U.S. of A., Bear. What would you expect? lol

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Last thing I read said he was self-appointed.

As in volunteer. That is what I heard too. One of the leaders of Neighborhood watch indicated very clearly that their members (volunteering or appointed ) are NOT ALLOWED to CARRY GUNS.

that seems to be Zimmermans first mistake.

IF he was not equipped for the job, he should not have been doing it. "equipped" as in emotionally mature, showing responsible and mature judgement , Not making emotional or fear based decisions .

It is being said........that this was a fear based act. ( as in emotional )

L Gilbert
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

No it isn't.
I can't say for certain if it's coons or goons.
I'm under no delusions, nd am fully aware, that some in the Hispanic community hold racial bigotries like any other.
But I don't find the recording conclusive.

Me either. But the 911 recording is just a little part of the evidence.

CDNBear

lol It's the U.S. of A., Bear. What would you expect? lol

Not that, anywhere.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

As in volunteer. That is what I heard too. One of the leaders of Neighborhood watch indicated very clearly that their members (volunteering or appointed ) are NOT ALLOWED to CARRY GUNS.

You keep saying that, but haven't offered anything to support it.

Me either. But the 911 recording is just a little part of the evidence.

I agree. It isn't looking good for George.

L Gilbert
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Can we even be sure he's actually saying anything? I know it sounds like that's what he's saying, I think I hear the same things you do. But I seem to remember something I saw in a documentary one time about how the human brain will interpret random noise as a language. It's just wired that way. Something about finding or making a pattern out of chaos or some such.
Anyway, I've listened a couple of times and honestly it could be that he's saying coons, it could be absolutely nothing. I think it's impossible to tell for sure just by listening.

Yep. That's up to lawyers' pissing match to get the jury to believe one way or the other.

CDNBear
There was a Grand Jury convened. I wonder if they rendered a verdict today.

Ocean Breeze
This topic is on Dr.Drew with Bill Mahr as guest. at the moment.

Martins Lawyer is on too. Could get interesting.

Cannuck
National Neighborhood Watch director criticizes Zimmerman's actions in Trayvon Martin shooting ... (external - login to view)

Quote:

In addition, although Zimmerman broke no laws because he has a concealed weapons permit, it's something that Neighborhood Watch strongly discourages. "There's no reason to carry a gun," Tutko said. "You do not carry a weapon during neighborhood watch. If you carry a weapon, you're going to pull it."

Ocean Breeze
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

National Neighborhood Watch director criticizes Zimmerman's actions in Trayvon Martin shooting ... (external - login to view)

couple of things. IF Zimmerman had followed instructions...........there would be no murder. They found Martin still holding his purchases in his hands when the police came. Kinda negates him attacking zimmernan or pounding him with fists. He was also on the phone (something inhis hands) to his girlfriend who told him to run , when he mentioned being followed .

New tidbit: Apparently zimmerman is well connected with the law enforcement crowd. More detail on that will be posted as it is revealed. IF true , it puts another crinkle in the situation making it even mirkier.

CDNBear

couple of things. IF Zimmerman had followed instructions......

Not all neighbourhood watch groups are affiliated with the National group.

Nor does the National group have the authority to dictate how a neighbourhood watch is set up or run.

EagleSmack
+3 / -1

They found Martin still holding his purchases in his hands when the police came. Kinda negates him attacking zimmernan or pounding him with fists.

FALSE

Quote:

He was also on the phone (something inhis hands) to his girlfriend who told him to run , when he mentioned being followed .

Before the incident....

MISLEADING

Quote:

New tidbit: Apparently zimmerman is well connected with the law enforcement crowd. More detail on that will be posted as it is revealed. IF true , it puts another crinkle in the situation making it even mirkier.

Well connected? Meaning a Cop Wannabee?

FAIL

CDNBear
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

FALSE

MISLEADING

FAIL

Three words that can describe the bulk of OB's posts.

Ocean Breeze
Of course he was talking to his girlfriend BEFORE the incident (shooting) HE could hardly do it after being shot dead.

No, not cop wannabe. The inference was different.

One item not getting much attention is that the first police officer on the scene stated he did not find Zimmermans "story" totally believable.

we shall see.

Tonington
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by skookumchuckView Post

Blacks say "effin honkie" all the time, that does not mean that they intend to kill. Some peeps use mighty thin logic to advance a position.

How many calls to police can you find where a black man says "they're always getting away" and then uses some racial slur, and then proceeds to follow that Honkie and eventually shoot him dead?

If he used a racial slur, and then initiated a confrontation, his self-defense claim is pretty weak.

But as I said, I'm not even convinced that Zimmerman did say coon.

Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Anyway, I've listened a couple of times and honestly it could be that he's saying coons, it could be absolutely nothing. I think it's impossible to tell for sure just by listening.

No, he definitely said something. The filters used to clean up the signal would have removed random noise if it was just noise in the original. What's not clear, is what he actually said.

gopher
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Geraldo says good people don't wear hoodies.

As a conservative, Geraldo should have said Trayvon should have exercised his Second Amendment rights, carried a fully loaded gun, and blasted Zimmerman away if he menaced him.

In fact all conservatives on this forum should say the same thing. So let's hear it from the forum's many righties.

OK. Let me start since so many of you call me a lefty all the time, FOR THE RECORD I SAY:

Trayvon should have carried a loaded gun ( no license required of course), it should be fully loaded on his side, and if Zimmerman or anyone else dared to menace him, he should pull it out and blow him away.

EagleSmack

Of course he was talking to his girlfriend BEFORE the incident (shooting) HE could hardly do it after being shot dead.

Well you insinuated that his phone was in his hands.

FAIL

Quote:

No, not cop wannabe. The inference was different.

Do share!

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

lol...I told y'all he said 'coon' on the tape way back on page 1.

Good thing I didn't take your word for it, because I'm not convinced he did say coon. Anyways, now people can listen for themselves.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

How many calls to police can you find where a black man says "they're always getting away" and then uses some racial slur, and then proceeds to follow that Honkie and eventually shoot him dead?

Seriously?

And another thing... the guy isn't even a Honkie.

Don't tell me you're buying into this White Hispanic thing?

Quote:

If he used a racial slur, and then initiated a confrontation, his self-defense claim is pretty weak.

What does a racial slur have to do with his self-defense claim?

Tonington
+1

Seriously?

And another thing... the guy isn't even a Honkie.

Don't tell me you're buying into this White Hispanic thing?

No...I was responding to someone. Follow the thread. Zimmerman's race isn't really the issue here at all, and it's not even a certainty that Martin's was.

Quote:

What does a racial slur have to do with his self-defense claim?

I believe I said if...

If he used a racial epithet, and then he goes on to provoke a confrontation, the prosecutors will see that as a bias, and that definitely will be considered in his claim of self-defense. In fact, it could even lead to hate crime charges.

EagleSmack

No...I was responding to someone. Follow the thread. Zimmerman's race isn't really the issue here at all, and it's not even a certainty that Martin's was.

Oh OK

But it most certainly is... or else they wouldn't be trying to pass him off as white. Hispanic on Black killings are accepted and visa versa. They wouldn't have the energy to keep up with all of them.

...but this Hispanic's name is George Zimmerman... so he MUST be white!

[quote]I believe I said if...

Quote:

If he used a racial epithet, and then he goes on to provoke a confrontation, the prosecutors will see that as a bias, and that definitely will be considered in his claim of self-defense. In fact, it could even lead to hate crime charges.

It isn't often that I hear about minorities killing other minorities as a hate crime. It is very rare.

skookumchuck
+2

I believe I said if...

Would that be the same hate crime charges that i have never heard being layed against a black? It could have happened somewhere i suppose but it appears that we whites own that one.

Tonington
+1

Oh OK

But it most certainly is... or else they wouldn't be trying to pass him off as white.

So bring it up with them, whoever they are, and not me. I don't think it matters.

Quote:

It isn't often that I hear about minorities killing other minorities as a hate crime. It is very rare.

Sure, but again it doesn't really matter what the label is of the offender, it only matters if they targetted someone because of some qualitative trait like race, creed, sexual orientation, etc. This year, a Jewish man was charged with hate crimes against Jews, for instance:
Jewish Man Charged for Anti-Semitic Hate Crimes, Christian News (external - login to view)

Spade
If Martin had shot Zimmerman, would Martin have been charged?

petros
+1
They'd say he was al Qaeda.

Locutus
+1
Elderly Couple In Fear Over Spike Lee Tweet

MARCH 27--With Twitter and Facebook continuing to explode with posts purporting to contain the address of George Zimmerman, property records and interviews reveal that the home is actually the longtime residence of a married Florida couple, both in their 70s, who have no connection to the man who killed Trayvon Martin and are now living in fear due to erroneous reports about their connection to the shooter.

The mass dissemination of the address on Edgewater Circle in Sanford--the Florida city where Martin was shot to death last month--took flight last Friday when director Spike Lee retweeted (external - login to view) a tweet containing Zimmerman’s purported address to his 240,000 followers. The original tweet (external - login to view) was sent to Lee (and numerous other celebrities like Will Smith, 50 Cent, and LeBron James) last Friday afternoon by Marcus Davonne Higgins, a 33-year-old Los Angeles man who uses the online handle “maccapone.” Higgins included the direction, “EVERYBODY REPOST THIS.

more

Elderly Couple In Fear Over Spike Lee Tweet | The Smoking Gun (external - login to view)

Spike should choke and die.

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

If Martin had shot Zimmerman, would Martin have been charged?

Given past history of how things are done : he certainly would have.

Would Martin have been protected to the degree that Zimmerman is??? Apparently (as came out on Dr.Drew last night) he and his family have "connections" with some high level law enforcement.

Wonder how many more situations like this happen that don't get the media hysteria that this one has. One can only hope that the collective mindset becomes more sensible , reasonable and less reactive. But the fear factor will need to be diffused first. That isn't going to happen anytime soon.

Yes, Petros......he would have been branded as some type of "terrorist" . Isn't that the current catch all branding of anyone "they" consider "suspicious "??

Doesn't the STAND YOUR GROUND law apply to everyone?? ( that would include Martin). That is what is being discussed on HLN at the moment.

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

'Fake' Trayvon Martin picture circulates on the web; image actually shows a different person | 11alive.com (external - login to view)

Two wrongs, must be right? Is that conservative right or justified right?

I'm sure the next excuse will be something along the lines of "The dog ate my homework."

IdRatherBeSkiing
+1

In a perfect world, the race of either wouldn't be an issue. But in that world this would not be national news either. There is little doubt, unfortunatly, that the race of both parties is very much a part of this equation and this story.

no new posts