Trayvon Martin: civil rights leaders call for Florida police chief to resign

View Poll Results: Should George Zimmerman be arrested???
No. He acted in self defense 4 12.50%
Yes. Then let the legal system play out 8 25.00%
Dunno. No enough facts in this case yet 9 28.13%
The USA is so Fukked up, where is the pop corn. 11 34.38%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Ocean Breeze
Watching a news item where a member of the neighborhood watch group was interviewed. He indicates that anyone doing this is NOT to carry guns . IF a situation arises that is potentially challenging they are to call the cops immediately for advice and support. They are to follow the advice. He also stated that these volunteers are NOT skilled in gun usage..

Zimmerman was told NOT to follow Martin. The situation did not call for it.

Interesting that NO ONE to date has questioned : Why KILL him. Why not just injure him to incapacitate him??

Wonder what else was going on here. Why follow him , when told NOT to . Why carry a gun , when this is not part of the job??

Locutus
police reveal details of George Zimmerman's account of Trayvon Martin shooting

Report says police reveal details of George Zimmerman's account of Trayvon Martin shooting - Tampa Bay Times (external - login to view)

Like it or not, even with the leaks, ol' Zimmermans' story is pretty damn good. Any more will likely be presented in court if required.

Now, the fact that the kid used (perhaps sold, based on twitter posts) weed, vandalized his school with graffiti, had a bunch of womens' jewellery in his backpack (of course these were 'given' to him by a 'friend') and a large screwdriver commonly used in break-ins has nothing to do with him being shot dead.

Just means he was perhaps more of a borderline troubled kid running with the wrong crowd than some would have you think.

petros
Geraldo says good people don't wear hoodies.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

Interesting that NO ONE to date has questioned : Why KILL him. Why not just injure him to incapacitate him??

You are assuming he has that capability. In all likelihood he did not.

Colpy

Watching a news item where a member of the neighborhood watch group was interviewed. He indicates that anyone doing this is NOT to carry guns . IF a situation arises that is potentially challenging they are to call the cops immediately for advice and support. They are to follow the advice. He also stated that these volunteers are NOT skilled in gun usage..

Zimmerman was told NOT to follow Martin. The situation did not call for it.

Wonder what else was going on here. Why follow him , when told NOT to . Why carry a gun , when this is not part of the job??

There is actually some question on whether Zimmerman was ever a member of any Neighbourhood Watch.

But it doesn't matter a bit one way or the other to his guilt or innocence.

ONCE AGAIN, how do you incapacitate without any possibility of killing?

Professionals shoot to STOP.

Ever been in a real fight OC??

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by NiflmirView Post

Sure, but two can play at that game:

Zimmerman: avoided a conviction through plea bargaining, accused of domestic violence, has a restraining order filed against him, out looking for trouble (so desperate to find trouble, that he calls the police when he sees open garage doors)

Martin: young student athlete, out for a short walk to buy some skittles and iced tea, on his way back to his father's girlfriend's residence.

There is more than enough vague evidence perpetuated by the media to make either side of the story seem plausible. Luckily a grand jury will at least shed some light on all of this.

Now that is a stretch. You are comparing ones past criminal record to another's action at the time of the incident.

Apples and oranges don't you think?

Let me ask again.........Why KILL Martin. IF lethal force was nec , why not just injure him. There are many parts of the body that could have been targetted and still leave Martin alive. Something STINKS......regardless of how much the gun defenders want to give Zimmerman a break . Who is giving Martin the break. ??

Injure him. Don't be foolish.

Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

This will be in the media any second now.

Are Hispanics called "crackers" now? If this is simply a race thing then perhaps the African-American Community should take it up with the Hispanic Community.

I tell you one thing... I grew up in a city and Hispanics and African-Americans didn't get along so well. At a football game I saw a whole bunch squaring off and fighting. Man the Hispanic kids were using the N word like crazy! Us white boys kept a far distance!

Locutus
+2
The asshats are at it again. Might as well grab Lotion Man and start an Occupy Trayvon, man.

Obama camp peddles 2012 'Hoodies'

Coincidence? Obama camp peddles 2012 'Hoodies' | Campaign 2012 - The BIG One - WTAM 1100 (external - login to view)

Spike Lee tweeted incorrect George Zimmerman address, possibly putting Sanford woman in danger (external - login to view)

Read more: Paper: Spike Lee tweeted incorrect George Zimmerman address, possibly putting Sanford woman in danger | The Daily Caller (external - login to view)

Police: Trayvon protesters ransack store

Police: Trayvon protesters ransack store | News - Home (external - login to view)

Family of shooting victim to testify to House committee

Focus in Trayvon Martin case shifts to Washington | News - Home (external - login to view)

Oh, but wait...

Registered Dem Killed Trayvon

Registered Dem Killed Trayvon | Washington Free Beacon (external - login to view)

Pols picking up the troll started by the press.

Tonington
+1
Stand Your Ground authors: Trayvon Martin’s shooter should likely be charged, avoid immunity - Trayvon Martin - MiamiHerald.com (external - login to view)
But the lawmakers who crafted the legislation in 2005 — former Sen. Durell Peaden and current state Rep. Dennis Baxley — said the law doesn’t need to be changed. They believe it has been misapplied in the shooting death of Trayvon by a Sanford crime-watch captain, George Zimmerman.

Zimmerman has not been charged because, police said, it appears he acted in self-defense. The Seminole County state attorney’s office decided Tuesday to take the case before a grand jury.

“They got the goods on him. They need to prosecute whoever shot the kid,” said Peaden, a Crestview Republican who sponsored the deadly force law in 2005. “He has no protection under my law.”

Peaden and Baxley, R-Ocala, say their law is a self-defense act. It says law-abiding people have no duty to retreat from an attacker and can meet “force with force.” Nowhere does it say that a person has a right to confront another.

Ocean Breeze

police reveal details of George Zimmerman's account of Trayvon Martin shooting
Report says police reveal details of George Zimmerman's account of Trayvon Martin shooting - Tampa Bay Times
Like it or not, even with the leaks, ol' Zimmermans' story is pretty damn good. Any more will likely be presented in court if required.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post

NOTHING revealed so far justifies KILLING him. No matter how hard they try to make the victim look like he deserved it. No one does.

Zimmerman........IF he absolutely HAD to use the gun (that he was not supposed to have on this duty) could have just wounded him.

NO CALL TO KILL .

CDNBear
+1

No matter how hard they try to make the victim look like he deserved it.

Who are they?

Locutus
+2
Jesus H....that senile old fart Dick Gregory is floating the idea that Trayvons' organs were um, well, stolen. That's right. You see, it's a huge market that business and they better look into this.

*crowds cheer and whoop*

Man oh man.

NOTHING revealed so far justifies KILLING him. No matter how hard they try to make the victim look like he deserved it. No one does.

Zimmerman........IF he absolutely HAD to use the gun (that he was not supposed to have on this duty) could have just wounded him.

NO CALL TO KILL .

If ya don't read the links, there's nothing else I can do for ya.

I guess Zimmerdood could have tried harsh language or singing a beddy bye song to prevent his gun from being taken from him.

Post #114 m'kay.

forums.canadiancontent.net/ne...leaders-4.html (external - login to view)

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

lone wolf
+1
Here's a novel twist:

Trayvon Martin's Mother is Smart to Apply for Trademark for Her Son's Name (external - login to view)

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Here's a novel twist:

Trayvon Martin's Mother is Smart to Apply for Trademark for Her Son's Name (external - login to view)

Nothing screams grieving mother, like capitalizing on the death of your child...

Tonington
+2

DIAGNOSTIC George Zimmerman Clearly says quoting Coonsquot Before Killing Trayvon Martin - YouTube

CDNBear
Coons, or goons?

Ocean Breeze
Quote:

Trayvon Martin Shooter Told Cops Teenager Went For His Gun

we only have his word for it. No one (to date) has surfaced to verify seeing Martin grab for the gun. WHICH HE WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO CARRY DOING THIS VOLUNTEER WORK to begin with.

The leaders of Neighborhood watch group have stated on the news that they are NOT to carry guns. If a situation looks like it is too much to handle......they are to call the cops at 911. He WAS TOLD NOT TO follow Martin and yet he did. One could make a case that he provoked the victim by calling him names and following him , when told NOT TO.

How can we ever know what really happened. Zimmerman will say whatever he has to to save his butt. the victim is DEAD.. No reliable witnesses that can confirm anything that Zimmerman says. It is his word ALONE.......

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Coons, or goons?

Hmmmm

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Hmmmm

I call lots of people goons. From poor drivers to criminals in the news.

Which is why it came to mind.

lone wolf
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

DIAGNOSTIC George Zimmerman Clearly says quoting Coonsquot Before Killing Trayvon Martin - YouTube

Maybe it's background noise or faulty hearing on my part but I keep hearing "f*****g coons" before "Are you following him"

Tonington
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Coons, or goons?

It's not that easy to tell is it? On two of the three filters I hear coons. On the original and one of the filters it's too close to call. I'm sure an audio engineer could use the whole tape, and compare the word in question to other words using the contested sounds.

CDNBear
+1

It's not that easy to tell is it?

No it isn't.

Quote:

On two of the three filters I hear coons.

I can't say for certain if it's coons or goons.

I'm under no delusions, nd am fully aware, that some in the Hispanic community hold racial bigotries like any other.

But I don't find the recording conclusive.

Ocean Breeze
this is splitting hairs now. What are the FACTS::

Zimmerman had a gun , when he should not have.

He followed Martin after being told not to.

He used a naughty word. (not as bad a killing Martin......but may have contributed to the motive)

He shot Martin. Martin died a bit later

No one has been charged. Yet in any other case.........this would classify as MURDER.

No reliable witnesses to verify anything Zimmerman says.

The victim is dead and cannot speak for himself.

The spin doctors are in full action mode.

THe media has gone crazy with this. (until the next one to go crazy over)

Everyone and his cat is being "interviewed"....... depending on which side the media is on.

The Martin family has suffered a huge loss.

Zimmerman has made his mark with the tabloids and is currently a household name.

He IS guilty of shooting and KILLING Martin. the only thing to be determined is the motive and what the appropriate charges would be.

Miss anything???

Colpy: Yes.......he could have wounded Martin without killing him. (it happens with monotonous regularity) IF he knew how to handle the gun . But the gun SHOULD NOT HAVE BEEN there to begin with.

CDNBear
+1

What are the FACTS::

You wouldn't be able to recognize them if they hit you in the face.

Quote:

Zimmerman had a gun , when he should not have.

Can you provide something to corroborate that please.

Quote:

He followed Martin after being told not to.

Not proven.

Quote:

He used a naughty word. (not as bad a killing Martin......but may have contributed to the motive)

Again, not proven.

Quote:

He shot Martin. Martin died a bit later

OMG, you got something right!

Quote:

No one has been charged. Yet in any other case.........this would classify as MURDER.

Depending on the circumstances.
Quote:

No reliable witnesses to verify anything Zimmerman says.

The Police seem to think differently.

Quote:

The victim is dead and cannot speak for himself.

If the victim were alive, do you think he would corroborate Zimmerman's testimony?

Quote:

The spin doctors are in full action mode.

I didn't know you had an action mode.

Quote:

THe media has gone crazy with this. (until the next one to go crazy over)

Another fact!!! Wow that's two now.

Quote:

Everyone and his cat is being "interviewed"....... depending on which side the media is on.

My cats smarter than Jimmy, but the Cops never ask him for his testimony on anything.

Quote:

The Martin family has suffered a huge loss.

With some nice capital gains.

Quote:

Zimmerman has made his mark with the tabloids and is currently a household name.

And a marked man.

Quote:

He IS guilty of shooting and KILLING Martin. the only thing to be determined is the motive and what the appropriate charges would be.

Should be interesting to see what the Grand Jury conjures up.

Quote:

Miss anything???

Yes.

skookumchuck
+3
Blacks say "effin honkie" all the time, that does not mean that they intend to kill. Some peeps use mighty thin logic to advance a position.

SLM
+1

It's not that easy to tell is it? On two of the three filters I hear coons. On the original and one of the filters it's too close to call. I'm sure an audio engineer could use the whole tape, and compare the word in question to other words using the contested sounds.

Can we even be sure he's actually saying anything? I know it sounds like that's what he's saying, I think I hear the same things you do. But I seem to remember something I saw in a documentary one time about how the human brain will interpret random noise as a language. It's just wired that way. Something about finding or making a pattern out of chaos or some such.
Anyway, I've listened a couple of times and honestly it could be that he's saying coons, it could be absolutely nothing. I think it's impossible to tell for sure just by listening.

Ocean Breeze
Watching this topic on the telie at the moment . FBI are examing the scream (for help) on the tape.

They just played the audio tape .......and its rather damning. It illustrates that Zimmerman did a number of things that were wrong and the ended up in an unnec death.

The tape indicates that Martin was running AWAY from Zimmerman. It also says that the dispatcher told Zimmerman not to follow Martin.

Whatever took place between the call to dispatcher, and the killing is not clear.

Locutus
+3

lol...I told y'all he said 'coon' on the tape way back on page 1.

Anyway, that ain't a crime, just a sign of an ignorant Hispanic perhaps chest-puffing and posturing to a female 911 operator (not the police by the way).

If the shooters name was Raul Gonzalez this would have never made the news. Just because he has a white sounding name everyone goes apesh!t and screams hate crime.

If a white dood had killed Zim the busybody, he would have definitely been Hispanic. The media is playing the whole world man.

But hey, if ol' George is a white-hispanic (Peruvian-American), then Barry is a white-black (mulatto).

Media and their lefty fanboys are laffin' all the way to the bank at the madness.

Then again, maybe the young turks altered the audio. Buddy might have said 'I like Turtles'.

EagleSmack
+1

If the shooters name was Raul Gonzalez this would have never made the news. Just because he has a white sounding name everyone goes apesh!t and screams hate crime.

NOOOOO Question! Black on Black, Latino on Black, (visa versa), etc and Everyone on White crimes are perfectly acceptable.

They saw the name George Zimmeran and went NUTS! Now they can't stop what they've started so they are making the Hispanic "White".

The Hispanic Community must be laughing their heads off....

"They're blaming it on the gringos!"

lone wolf
Zimmerman's been a known name for near fifty years ... Robert, though and attached to Dylan

Locutus
+3
We better make a run for it man.

no new posts