Outrage over rebuilt Helicopter in BC

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
The opposition is quite upset that a rebuilt helicopter is being used by Lifeflight to transport sick and injured persons. I guess transporting healthy people with it would be ok. What i know about C of A's indicates very rigorous inspection by government certified people.
Helicopter concerns - Yahoo! News

bobnoorduyn

Council Member
Nov 26, 2008
Mountain Veiw County
Jeez, whatever. They used Bell 47's to transport patients in litters on top of the skids, on the outside, in Korea. A Jet Ranger is too small?? They want a helicopter that can be dieced? We're getting into some high cost equipment here. What do you want next? Let's get a C-17 to transport mothers in labour. I think we're just victims of the 24/7 news cycle here, if it isn't news, we'll make it news.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Jeez, whatever. They used Bell 47's to transport patients in litters on top of the skids, on the outside, in Korea. A Jet Ranger is too small?? They want a helicopter that can be dieced? We're getting into some high cost equipment here. What do you want next? Let's get a C-17 to transport mothers in labour. I think we're just victims of the 24/7 news cycle here, if it isn't news, we'll make it news.
A fully rebuilt helicopter would give me added confidence. Every important piece has been checked and re-checked. What could be better than that? I would pick a freshly re-built over a new if given the choice

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
A fully rebuilt helicopter would give me added confidence. Every important piece has been checked and re-checked. What could be better than that? I would pick a freshly re-built over a new if given the choice

I hear you. We just have to remember that this report is about politicians...

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Shiny new helicopter drop people off on top of mountain tops so they can ski down and break their necks. Why not just have the same helicopter fly them to ER?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
If she lost a hundred pounds she would fit in a chopper. Sounds more like contract negotiations are about to take place. Maybe she would like a fully equipped surgery on every chopper.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
If she lost a hundred pounds she would fit in a chopper. Sounds more like contract negotiations are about to take place. Maybe she would like a fully equipped surgery on every chopper.

This is a lady with authority to talk on subjects she knows nothing about. And she wouldn't need a C-17. A DC-3 would carry her quite easily....:roll:

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
Just as a disclaimer, the video has been changed from a BC lifeflight rebuild issue to a video about issues in Newfoundland. :roll: