Poll: Some Alberta men believe violence against women is okay

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

You must enjoy dancing with Jim-bo
Problem is he insists on waltzing while the fiddle is playing a jig...

Oooooooooooh, I see you got a "notch" too...................the usual suspect? (Your life will never be the same)

Ocean Breeze
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Why stick around for a beating?

EXACTLY!! There is something extremely pathological about ANYONE putting up with violence. (or accepting it as if ;one is a martyr or some other psychological phenomena. Just as there is an extreme pathology about anyone that uses violence for whatever reasons or excuses they come up with. , pathological co dependant relationships are rife with mutually destructive behaviors.

and then there are cultural influences , religious beliefs that foster crazy behaviors that need to be factored in.

Sometimes these folks just don't know any different.........due to lack of social exposure, education, or their own fixed beliefs that have been infused during formative -suggestible years.

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Chauvinists like you and Gerry love to question the "manhood" of other men simply because they may not be able to physically handle their mates.

No they aren't.

They're saying YOU're a cad, because YOU think one should be allowed to physically handle your mate.

I blame your inability to understand that, on your admitted stupidity.

I must have ruined his dance...

Post #1563665 - Re: Poll: Some Alberta men believe violence against women is okay------Bad-----Jim-Bo

A whole new low for Jimmy.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

EXACTLY!! There is something extremely pathological about ANYONE putting up with violence. (or accepting it as if ;one is a martyr or some other psychological phenomena. Just as there is an extreme pathology about anyone that uses violence for whatever reasons or excuses they come up with. , pathological co dependant relationships are rife with mutually destructive behaviors.

and then there are cultural influences , religious beliefs that foster crazy behaviors that need to be factored in.

Sometimes these folks just don't know any different.........due to lack of social exposure, education, or their own fixed beliefs that have been infused during formative -suggestible years.

You really don't have a clue, do you.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

They're saying YOU're a cad, because YOU think one should be allowed to physically handle your mate.

...and you're saying you shouldn't. So in the event that the stronger individual has the weaker individual cornered (my bathroom scenario) you believe the weaker should just stay there and get a beating.....gotcha!

CDNBear
+3

...and you're saying you shouldn't. So in the event that the stronger individual has the weaker individual cornered (my bathroom scenario) you believe the weaker should just stay there and get a beating.....gotcha!

I said that? Gh and Pete said what you insinuated?

Really?

I blame your admitted stupidity, when you start making things up.

DaSleeper
+1

A whole new low for Jimmy.

Ain't nothin' He did it again.....joining the ranks of "Abfootinmouth" and "Goreabcess"...

CDNBear
+1

Ain't nothin' He did it again.....joining the ranks of "Abfootinmouth" and "Goreabcess"...

Joining?

He joined their ilk, long ago.

SLM
+2

Last refuge...yada, yada, yada. lol

gerryh
+3

I said that? Gh and Pete said what you insinuated?

Really?

I blame your admitted stupidity, when you start making things up.

and I agree with you too.... I never said anything about the " So in the event that the stronger individual has the weaker individual cornered (my bathroom scenario) you believe the weaker should just stay there and get a beating". I said the man does not hit a woman...period. It appears though that cannuck doesn't like that and is trying to come up with reasons why it would be "ok" to hit a woman.

CDNBear
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

and I agree with you too.... I never said anything about the " So in the event that the stronger individual has the weaker individual cornered (my bathroom scenario) you believe the weaker should just stay there and get a beating". I said the man does not hit a woman...period. It appears though that cannuck doesn't like that and is trying to come up with reasons why it would be "ok" to hit a woman.

And he calls others misogynists? Obvious projection.

SLM
+3

And he calls others misogynists? Obvious projection.

Or he makes contrary statements for no other reason than to be contrary then backs himself into a corner, leaving only weird 'bathroom scenarios' as some lame assed way to make some kind of contrived point.

This is also at play when defending pedophiles too.

Cannuck

I said that?

Well you haven't offered any other options. At least Petros thinks the victim could activate a personal cloaking device and sneak out the door.

and I agree with you too.... I never said anything about the " So in the event that the stronger individual has the weaker individual cornered (my bathroom scenario) you believe the weaker should just stay there and get a beating". I said the man does not hit a woman...period.

So in other words, if the aggressor is female and the cornered is male, you expect the male to stand there and accept the attack...or do you have one of Petro's cloaking devices.

What you have said is

Take the damn stick away from her...*****... it's a friggin bathroom, not like she can get a good swing with it.

Why do you automatically assume that a woman is no match for a man? Obviously you're chauvinistic pig.

DaSleeper
+3

and again
He's on a roll but can't neg the same post twice
Last edited by DaSleeper; Mar 21st, 2012 at 09:00 PM..

petros
+2

Well you haven't offered any other options. At least Petros thinks the victim could activate a personal cloaking device and sneak out the door.

A regular Dr Who. I have two older sisters and I had a really good coach. My dad. He had 6 sisters.

Scooby
There is a lot to be said for those seek to create more hate and animosity in our society. Deamonizing men and in particular Alberta men, is wrong, and I think in this case is being done to earn political capital and funding money for projects.
Anyone who takes these stats seriously, needs to think about the source.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by ScoobyView Post

There is a lot to be said for those seek to create more hate and animosity in our society. Deamonizing men and in particular Alberta men, is wrong, and I think in this case is being done to earn political capital and funding money for projects.
Anyone who takes these stats seriously, needs to think about the source.

Folks is folks and geography doesn't generally have much to do with their disposition. I suppose there are exceptions, like a person living in Greenland might get a little testy given enough time!

CDNBear
+1

Well you haven't offered any other options.

Apology accepted.

Cannuck

Apology accepted.

Dodge noted.

CDNBear

Dodge noted.

You making stuff up, noted, but not surprising.

Cannuck

You making stuff up, noted, but not surprising.

...and bobbing. Next comes weaving. I can't wait.

CDNBear

...and bobbing. Next comes weaving. I can't wait.

Patience Jimmy, you'll get your chance to do all your usual bobbing, weaving and square dancing.

I blame your admitted stupidity.

Cannuck
Never a disappointment.

CDNBear

Never a disappointment.

No you aren't. Hampered by your admitted stupidity, you are always there to provide endless entertainment, with your make believe and fallacy.

For sh!ts and giggles, and if your admitted stupidity doesn't impede you doing so, maybe you can go back and point out my dodge.

Cannuck

No you aren't. Hampered by your admitted stupidity, you are always there to provide endless entertainment, with your make believe and fallacy.

For sh!ts and giggles, and if your admitted stupidity doesn't impede you doing so, maybe you can go back and point out my dodge.

LOL...typical.

CDNBear
+3

LOL...typical.

True, that is typical of you, when you're challenged to back up your silly lies.

Thanks for not disappointing.

Cannuck

True, that is typical of you, when you're challenged to back up your silly lies.

Thanks for not disappointing.

You really should come up with some new material. You're getting awfully stale.

CDNBear
+2

You really should come up with some new material.

Awww, that's so cute, you think I do this for your benefit.

I blame your admitted stupidity.

JLM
+3

You really should come up with some new material. You're getting awfully stale.

Awfully stale??????????????? You mean like "red notches" for every comment from a moron who can't put together a valid rebuttal if his life depended on it. Anyhow I love them as they say more about the donor than the donee.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Awfully stale??????????????? You mean like "red notches" for every comment from a moron who can't put together a valid rebuttal if his life depended on it.

Not A moron. There are more than one but really JLM, I couldn't have said that better myself.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

About me too, but now I just let him natter, it pisses him off to be ignored!

Aren't you supposed to be ignoring me?