Medicare debatable treaty right

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

Thems junk comments.

I already know your posts are junk comments. Steaming piles is a better descriptive though.

Quote:

Cheap.

Cheap? Well duh. I place absolutely no value at all on your comments.

I hope you didn't actually think your comments had any value.

That would make me LOL, so hard, I might break something.

dumpthemonarchy
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68View Post

I thought healthcare was a right ALL Canadians enjoyed... unless you're saying that because aboriginal people were already here when Canada was formed, they aren't entitled to be called Canadian...?

They get health care, no problem there.

Some aboriginals wish to culturally place themselves in limbo, they are not foreigners like Japanese or Chinese citizens, yet many are reluctant to call themselves Canadians. We meet them and do not even think they are foreigners because they act like Canadians, not Germans or Arabs. They like everyone feel at home in Canada.

They are on a kind of third path and some people have a little difficulty with people claiming rights and not being Canadian. Rights that take a lot of money to provide.

CDNBear
+1 / -1

They are on a kind of third path and some people have a little difficulty with people claiming rights and not being Canadian. Rights that take a lot of money to provide.

Third path? The Haudenosaunee have a Treaty and a Wampum belt that speak of two distinct peoples, walking the same path.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Third path? The Haudenosaunee have a Treaty and a Wampum belt that speak of two distinct peoples, walking the same path.

Oops.... mouse slipped..sorry bud

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Oops.... mouse slipped..sorry bud

No worries, I knew it was an error. It made me laugh, lol.

The Old Medic
In general, Native peoples in Canada do NOT have access to the same levels of primary care that White Canadians enjoy. They do not have anything even remotely close to the choices of doctors that most White people enjoy. They generally get stuck with 3rd rate physicians, and they have to use them because that is all that is available to them.

I realize that people like dumpthemonarchy have absolutely no concept of what the Native peoples face, and they really don't give a damn anyway, but the reality is that the majority of Natives are shortchanged in health care, education and all other services that are provided by the government.

It IS a shame that unfeeling, and unthinking people like dump, just don't care, because in the long run, it costs you a HELL of a lot MORE money to treat what should have been treated in a doctors office, in a hospital. And it costs you a lot of money to have to help support people that never got a chance to get a decent education, and who remain sickly all of their lives, because they got crappy medical care as infants and children.

L Gilbert

Another inadequate answer. They are coming in piles lately.

Poor lil f'n idiot. Was asked a question about his own claim and couldn't provide anything but pathetic little whimperings about people's posts concerning his blatant and glaring lack of support for his claim.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68View Post

I thought healthcare was a right ALL Canadians enjoyed... unless you're saying that because aboriginal people were already here when Canada was formed, they aren't entitled to be called Canadian...?

Health care is not a right. It may well be in a perfect world.

L Gilbert
+1

They get health care, no problem there.

Yet a few posts back you claimed their healthcare was 3rd rate. You don't think that's a problem? Moron.
Around here the natives get the same healthcare as anyone else. If it is 3rd rate, then no-one is being singled out for it. Moron.

Quote:

Some aboriginals wish to culturally place themselves in limbo, they are not foreigners like Japanese or Chinese citizens, yet many are reluctant to call themselves Canadians. We meet them and do not even think they are foreigners because they act like Canadians, not Germans or Arabs. They like everyone feel at home in Canada.

Judging by the amount of effort you put in to understanding the various native cultures and their issues, it's not surprising that you post the most spectacularly foolish nonsense about them. And yet you still open your size 12 EEE mouth and claim to know what's best for them. You're no better than the idiots who came up with the Indian Act and other such proofs of sheer lunacy. Moron

dumpthemonarchy
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Yet a few posts back you claimed their healthcare was 3rd rate. You don't think that's a problem? Moron.
Around here the natives get the same healthcare as anyone else. If it is 3rd rate, then no-one is being singled out for it. Moron.

Judging by the amount of effort you put in to understanding the various native cultures and their issues, it's not surprising that you post the most spectacularly foolish nonsense about them. And yet you still open your size 12 EEE mouth and claim to know what's best for them. You're no better than the idiots who came up with the Indian Act and other such proofs of sheer lunacy. Moron

Oooh, the loudmouth talks, everybody run away!!!

The cultural geniuses that are on this forum, astounding. Anyone with a few brain cells moving that aboriginals can walk into hospitals and get medical care in Canada. Those who don't think that are imbecilic. Millionare dentists are providing first rate health care to a few, but the majority of aboriginals get third rate health care on remote reserves as they are sicker than the general population. And that is a problem.