Canada is too dangerous for Dick Cheney


petros
#181
"Too"...that usually means more than one.

I reword it for you. Was Schroder as well as Fischer and Tenet lieing and WHY were they lieing? Did Henning lie too?
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
CDNBear
+1
#182
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

"Too"...that usually means more than one.

I reword it for you. Was Schroder as well as Fischer and Tenet lieing?

You'll have to be more specific than that. There is no single simplistic answer.

Maybe if you stopped trying to load your questions, you wouldn't look so silly trying to get me to make a mistake you think you'll be able to capitalize on.
 
petros
#183
Well, you claim Germany provided the intel to the US which they used to justify invading Iraq over alleged WMDs.

Was that information provided upon request with a warning it wasn't reliable and uncorroborated or did Germany go to the US saying it was a dead ringer for a justified invasion and handed over the intel?
 
CDNBear
#184
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Well, you claim Germany provided the intel to the US which they used to justify invading Iraq over alleged WMDs.

Was that information provided upon request with a warning it wasn't reliable and uncorroborated or did Germany go to the US saying it was a dead ringer for a justified invasion and handed over the intel?

That's funny. You do it so often, you just can't stop yourself.

Actually, it's possible, you don't even know you're doing it.
 
petros
#185
What the **** is that jibberish? Answer the question to shore up your claims if you can.

Was that information provided upon request with a warning it wasn't reliable and uncorroborated or did Germany go to the US saying it was a dead ringer for a justified invasion and handed over the intel?
 
gerryh
+1
#186
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

Someone is responsible for starting an unprovoked war which cost hundreds of billions, killed hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians and turned millions more into refugees. A thorough investigation has never been done as to how and why the Iraq war happened.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I've only said this to you, at least a dozen times.

It was the Germans.

The US was following intel, from a credible source, and an ally.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Hmmm, I'll take that as a yes then.

I never said they weren't. I just pointed out that they were using evidence, from a reliable ally.

I know that doesn't bode well with the anti American crowd.



So, 3 pages back, Bear declares that he never said the Germans were responsible, and yet there it is all in red. Bear declaring that the Germans were responsible for the Iraq war. The last 3 pages of straw and obsofucation was really not needed.
 
petros
#187
The Germans, as a reliable ally, said their source was unreliable and yet it's the German's fault the US used the bad intel to justify an invasion?

Did I get that right Gerry?
 
gerryh
#188
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

The Germans, as a reliable ally, said their source was unreliable and yet it's the German's fault the US used the bad intel to justify an invasion?

Did I get that right Gerry?


depends on where in the last three pages your getting your info from.
 
petros
+1
#189
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

depends on where in the last three pages your getting your info from.

From Bear.
 
gerryh
+1
#190
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

From Bear.

lol... yes, but it does change... sometimes minutely, but it does change.

What it comes down to is this...... is the u.s. responsible for their actions?
 
petros
#191
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

What it comes down to is this...... is the u.s. responsible for their actions?

Who else would be?
 
gerryh
+1
#192
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Who else would be?


A question does not answer a question. You want to revisit the last 3 pages?
 
petros
+1
#193
Well the US lead the invasion but Germany, like Canada sat it out due to lack of evidence , so I'd have say the US and the rest of the coalition of the willing.
 
gerryh
#194
Let's put it another way....


Should a country be responsible for THEIR actions?
 
petros
+3
#195
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Let's put it another way....


Should a country be responsible for THEIR actions?

The actions of the few who mislead their citizens? No. You can't blame the country but you sure can blame the leadership.
 
Ocean Breeze
#196
Quote: Originally Posted by nugglerView Post

harper is a psychotic, fukkbrain who apparently stole the election a la bush, and is now working hard to strip canadians of their rights, spending us further into the poorhouse, while babbling on about fiscal responsibility. Elected by what - 35% of voters. ?

They could run a chimp, and if it wore blue, you'd vote for it.

You looking for a job as a camp guard when the gulags go up.?


bravo!!!!
 
Colpy
#197
Saddam was a sweet harmless fellow, a friend of all.......he would never dream of creating or using WMDs.

www.kdp.se/old/chemical.html (external - login to view)

Ignore the Kurdish citizens of Halabja....they are just taking a timely nap. (March 198

And we will pretend the 100,000 Iranian victims of Iraqi gas and chemical attacks really didn't exist in the first place.

Now, add to the history that Saddam HIMSELF said he was trying to decieve the world into believing he had WMD because he feared attack from Iran......

Give it a break.
 
petros
+1
#198
Where did Saddam get the chem weapons Colpy? Darth Vader?
 
earth_as_one
+1
#199
Who cares about Hussein? He who lives by the sword shall die by the sword No one here claims Hussein was a nice man, or that he didn't deserve what he got.

The facts still support accuracy and completeness of the Hussein government's 2002 declaration to the UNSC. The known facts about Iraq's WMD programs disprove Bush and Cheney's claims. The fact is these two lied the US into a unprovoked war which made millions of Iraqis homeless refugees. This war was a Big Oil grab for control of Iraq's resources over the bodies hundreds of thousands of Iraqi men, women and children.
 
Spade
#200
Germany was not convinced as of 2002.
German leader says no to Iraq war | World news | The Guardian (external - login to view)
Quote


Mr Schröder said Germany was a self-confident country. "We didn't shy away from offering international solidarity in the fight against international terrorism. We did it because we were, and are, convinced that it is necessary; because we knew that the security of our partners is also our security. But we say this with equal self-confidence: we're not available for adventures, and the time of cheque book diplomacy is over once and for all."
In Berlin, Mr Schröder's foreign minister, Joschka Fischer, a leader of the Green party, the junior partner in the coalition, confirmed that his party too was unable to back military action against Baghdad.
"Our deep scepticism leads us to rejection," he said. Last month, Mr Schröder and the French president, Jacques Chirac, issued a joint statement insisting on an endorsement from the UN before any attempt to topple Saddam Hussein. Yesterday's declarations took the German leadership several steps further into terrain that none of the other prominent administrations in Europe has so far trodden.
 
L Gilbert
+1
#201
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Well the US lead the invasion but Germany, like Canada sat it out due to lack of evidence , so I'd have say the US and the rest of the coalition of the willing.

Really? Canada sat out the Iraqi war?
Actually, Canadian troops didn't fight, but Canada sent support.
Canada’s secret war in Iraq (external - login to view)

What I read about WMDs in Iraq is that they (or at least the components) were there, but Hussein moved them into hiding.
 
petros
+1
#202
Yeah we sat it out. Air traffic and frigates that are contracted to battlegroups aren't combat are they?
 
gerryh
+1
#203
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Yeah we sat it out. Air traffic and frigates that are contracted to battlegroups aren't combat are they?


Well sure they are. I guess what we should do the next time the americans decide to go off half cocked and invade another country just for fun, is pull everything we have that is under contract to the u.s. or NATO. That way this crap doesn't happen.
 
petros
#204
Maybe we should stop signing contracts? I guess we fought in Vietnam too by selling JP to the USAF?
 
gerryh
#205
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Maybe we should stop signing contracts? I guess we fought in Vietnam too by selling JP to the USAF?


When it comes to war, I can live with that.
 
petros
#206
I have no problem with getting out of ****ty deals but now with SPP were prettty much screwed for life.

Sooooooo...... who won the war?
 
gerryh
#207
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

I have no problem with getting out of ****ty deals but now with SPP were prettty much screwed for life.

Sooooooo...... who won the war?


there are winners?
 
petros
#208
Yeah you know V for victory and all that crap. Who earned the V?
 
gerryh
+1
#209
Quote: Originally Posted by petrosView Post

Yeah you know V for victory and all that crap. Who earned the V?


Well.... the only winners I can see are the ones that made a profit off of it. The american people sure don't seem to have gained anything, the dead soldiers sure didn't, and it sure as hell looks like Iraq isn't in any better shape now than before, if not worse.
 
petros
+2
#210
No weapons to be rid of, not attacking neighbours, not withholding resources, the HR angle was malarky, I guess that only leaves an invasion for profits. Sounds highly criminal to me.

If one of the jackasses that initated and profitted from the invasion steps foot in my country I'd like to see that person brought to justice for their crimes.

How about you?
 

Similar Threads

4
Dick Cheney - The Real Satan
by Mowich | Dec 11th, 2009
16
Watching Obama Morph Into Dick Cheney
by JBeee | May 22nd, 2009
45
Should Dick Cheney Be Hanged?
by Stretch | Dec 27th, 2008
3
Did Dick Cheney pass away?
by Kreskin | Sep 6th, 2008
2
Dick Cheney - What a man
by moghrabi | Nov 21st, 2004
no new posts