'Aggressive' man tasered in Toronto's Pearson airport (Breaking News)

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
'Aggressive' man tasered in Toronto's Pearson airport

Date: Monday Mar. 12, 2012 2:37 PM ET

A section of Toronto's Pearson International Airport was closed Monday afternoon after police officers tasered a man said to be acting aggressively in a security screening area.

Peel Regional Police Const. George Tudos said that a man was behaving aggressively inside the screening area and police officers were called to the scene by a silent security alarm.

Tudos said that the man became aggressive toward the officers.

The officers were attacked and a Taser was deployed by police, Tudos confirmed.

Three officers were injured during the confrontation; one officer suffered was taken to hospital with non-life-threatening injuries while two others suffered minor injuries to the face.

Pearson officials confirmed that a Terminal 1 international security screening checkpoint closed shortly after 11 a.m. due to a police investigation.

The checkpoint remained closed Monday afternoon and passengers arriving at Terminal 1 were being rerouted to other checkpoints.

There was limited impact to actual passenger traffic inside the terminal at Canada's busiest airport.

Source: 'Aggressive' man tasered in Toronto's Pearson airport | CTV Toronto

Source: CP24- Police officers injured in clash at Pearson airport

Source: Toronto News: Taser used on man at Pearson airport, say reports - thestar.com

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
When did the Peelers start patrolling Pearson? Last I worked the airport it was Federal jurisdiction

What did you do at that Airport??

Could the police have been called because this guy was getting out of control and they needed assistance from the "closest" law enforcement available.

Hope the Police are going to be well.. what a job. geeez.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Plowed snow with the Province - to the point where Hwy 409 and Federal property overlap and I have hacked to the airport and waited at the compound for pre-arranged pickups. It was all RCMP - with a station on the grounds

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Plowed snow with the Province - to the point where Hwy 409 and Federal property overlap and I have hacked to the airport and waited at the compound for pre-arranged pickups. It was all RCMP - with a station on the grounds

LOL I used to work at the Marriott ...

So long, long ago. my favorite stopping point after work...

Airport Strip Club