U.S. soldier kills up to 16 Afghan civilians


gerryh
#361
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Gerry - You are right - I do not know Jack Shxt

I have met Bullshxt and Making up Shxt as they are both related to each other. I have also met Causing Shxt, Raising Shxt and Stirring Shxt, they are all related to each other as well.

But Jack Shxt does not know me and I admit to not knowing Jack Shxt.

Hope this clarifies things for you.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

I already know all of that..... had that figured out quite some time ago.

Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

Read the thread, and have already commented on your knowledge levels.

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Well I must have missed that gem. Perhaps you can bump it up.


There ya go.
 
Goober
#362
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

There ya go.

Oh my mistake - I understood from your to quick to type a post that I had to have my statements about the Military approved by Bear.

Guess your original post was in error Buckey.
 
CDNBear
+1
#363
Hey!

I like both you dudes.

Leave me outta this.
 
gerryh
+1
#364
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Oh my mistake - .


Of course it's your mistake, no surprise there. Glad to see you finally recognizing your mental limitations.
 
Ocean Breeze
#365
Quote:



The Afghan massacre suspect has been identified as Army Staff Sgt. Robert Bales, CBS News has learned. He is en route tonight from Kuwait to the military prison at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.

CBS breaking news mailing.
 
lone wolf
+2
#366
So when does the family start getting harassed and threatened?
 
gerryh
+3
#367
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

So when does the family start getting harassed and threatened?


From what I understand, they already have been, and as far as I am concerned, whom ever is doing the threatening should be charged. The family has nothing to do with the acts of this "soldier".
 
CDNBear
+2
#368
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

CBS breaking news mailing.

Geeze yer slow...

Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Sources identify US soldier suspected in Afghan massacre

U.S. military sources tell Fox News the American soldier accused of killing 16 Afghan civilians last weekend is Staff Sgt. Robert Bales, who is being flown to a military prison at Fort Leavenworth in Kansas.
Military officials have declined to identify the suspect publicly, insisting that it is usual procedure to keep a suspect's identity secret until he is officially charged. They have maintained that stance even after a hearing for the detained soldier Tuesday found probable cause to continue holding him, and he was sent from Afghanistan to a detention facility in Kuwait.

Read more: Sources Identify US Soldier Suspected In Afghan Massacre | Fox News (external - login to view)






 
DaSleeper
+1
#369
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Sources identify US soldier suspected in Afghan massacre

U.S. military sources tell Fox News the American soldier accused of killing 16 Afghan civilians last weekend is Staff Sgt. Robert Bales, who is being flown to a military prison at Fort Leavenworth in Kansas.
Military officials have declined to identify the suspect publicly, insisting that it is usual procedure to keep a suspect's identity secret until he is officially charged. They have maintained that stance even after a hearing for the detained soldier Tuesday found probable cause to continue holding him, and he was sent from Afghanistan to a detention facility in Kuwait.

Read more: Sources Identify US Soldier Suspected In Afghan Massacre | Fox News (external - login to view)






Breezy....Learn to read....the above was posted over an hour ago

Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

CBS breaking news mailing.

Yer too fast a typer for me Bear
 
gerryh
+2
#370
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post


Yer too fast a typer for me Bear


From what I hear, that's not the only thing he's fast with.....poor Bear.
 
SLM
+2
#371
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Yer too fast a typer for me Bear

I know right! Sometimes I think he replies to my posts before I finish writing them. LOL
 
lone wolf
+2
#372
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

From what I understand, they already have been, and as far as I am concerned, whom ever is doing the threatening should be charged. The family has nothing to do with the acts of this "soldier".

One thing the world has no shortage of is rabid twits. I do not envy that family.
 
Ocean Breeze
#373
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

Get over yourself. I comment here, I don't inform myself of current events here. Sheesh ... you're having some serious problems with the fact that I researched the topic before commenting on it.

You're one of those chauvenists aren't you ... the kind that think women have no brain and know nothing until some male with a huge ego tells them what to believe.

an aside and off topic for a moment. But why is it that a select but fortunately small gang on here have only one comback.....regardless of topic , theme etc. They keep regurgitating that tiresome Anti american crap... or they hate the US or they hate the US military or a variation of those three. Does not speak highly of their thinking skills or assessment skill of each situation being discussed.

To denounce and criticize the US actions abroad , their militant self fullfilling policies, their lies and manipulations , is our right. Just as it is our right to condemn any barbarism on this planet. This incident , along with others that have taken place ARE BARBARIC.

IF the USG actions and war policies did not affect others outside their borders , no one would give a damn. And don't bring up 9-11 as the US has long ago got its savage revenge. By handling it so badly, it has fostered the potential for more terrorism against itself. Maybe that is what they want so that they have an "excuse" for protracted wars.

Seems they cannot deal with REALITY of what they have become , continue to spew the usual propaganda which only shows how brainwashed they are. Sadly as I said before........they can't help themselves. Their over inflated egos cannot deal with the FACTS of what has transpired in the past decade and how low the US has gone.

Now that they have the terrorist label to throw around.........they do that freely too. Indicating that they don't even KNOW what terrorism really is. They have been programmed by fear......and we are seeing the results in what they regurgitate on here .

They can't even discuss or make their opinions about the topic in a reasonable fashion without targetting any poster that does not blindly agree with their agenda as if brainwashed too.

They have some serious blinders on. Fortunately there is the ignore button so one does not have to subject oneself to their vitriole.

************back on topic. This most recent situation is BAD.......and is only heaping more anger at the US. JUSTIFIED RAGE. Rage is the underbelly of terrorism. People who are treated fairly , kindly and with respect are not prone to terrorism. It is not even a religious issue......even though some use those terms in their rage. It is a HUMAN issue.

THis latest incident is just more SHAME on the US and its military. No one with a thinking mental organ can deny that.
 
CDNBear
#374
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

From what I hear, that's not the only thing he's fast with.....poor Bear.

Poor Bear? It's SCB who makes such wonderful meals that I eat so fast, I barely taste them.
 
lone wolf
+2
#375
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

an aside and off topic for a moment. But why is it that a select but fortunately small gang on here have only one comback.....regardless of topic , theme etc. They keep regurgitating that tiresome Anti american crap... or they hate the US or they hate the US military or a variation of those three. Does not speak highly of their thinking skills or assessment skill of each situation being discussed.
To denounce and criticize the US actions abroad , their militant self fullfilling policies, their lies and manipulations , is our right. Just as it is our right to condemn any barbarism on this planet.
Seems they cannot deal with REALITY of what they have become , continue to spew the usual propaganda which only shows how brainwashed they are. Sadly as I said before........they can't help themselves. Their over inflated egos cannot deal with the FACTS of what has transpired in the past decade and how low the US has gone.
Now that they have the terrorist label to throw around.........they do that freely too. Indicating that they don't even KNOW what terrorism really is. They have been programmed by fear......and we are seeing the results in what they regurgitate on here .
They can't even discuss or make their opinions about the topic in a reasonable fashion without targetting any poster that does not blindly agree with their agenda as if brainwashed too.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Did you just post about yourself? Are you MPD?
 
CDNBear
+2
#376
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

an aside and off topic for a moment. But why is it that a select but fortunately small gang on here have only one comback.....regardless of topic , theme etc. They keep regurgitating that tiresome Anti american crap... or they hate the US or they hate the US military or a variation of those three. Does not speak highly of their thinking skills or assessment skill of each situation being discussed.
To denounce and criticize the US actions abroad , their militant self fullfilling policies, their lies and manipulations , is our right. Just as it is our right to condemn any barbarism on this planet.
Seems they cannot deal with REALITY of what they have become , continue to spew the usual propaganda which only shows how brainwashed they are. Sadly as I said before........they can't help themselves. Their over inflated egos cannot deal with the FACTS of what has transpired in the past decade and how low the US has gone.
Now that they have the terrorist label to throw around.........they do that freely too. Indicating that they don't even KNOW what terrorism really is. They have been programmed by fear......and we are seeing the results in what they regurgitate on here .
They can't even discuss or make their opinions about the topic in a reasonable fashion without targetting any poster that does not blindly agree with their agenda as if brainwashed too.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
At least Addled isn't alone in her stupidity.
 
DaSleeper
+2
#377
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

an aside and off topic for a moment. But why is it that a select but fortunately small gang on here have only one comback.....regardless of topic , theme etc. They keep regurgitating that tiresome Anti american crap... or they hate the US or they hate the US military or a variation of those three. Does not speak highly of their thinking skills or assessment skill of each situation being discussed.
To denounce and criticize the US actions abroad , their militant self fullfilling policies, their lies and manipulations , is our right. Just as it is our right to condemn any barbarism on this planet.
Seems they cannot deal with REALITY of what they have become , continue to spew the usual propaganda which only shows how brainwashed they are. Sadly as I said before........they can't help themselves. Their over inflated egos cannot deal with the FACTS of what has transpired in the past decade and how low the US has gone.
Now that they have the terrorist label to throw around.........they do that freely too. Indicating that they don't even KNOW what terrorism really is. They have been programmed by fear......and we are seeing the results in what they regurgitate on here .
They can't even discuss or make their opinions about the topic in a reasonable fashion without targetting any poster that does not blindly agree with their agenda as if brainwashed too.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
Does this mean that everybody in this forum is out of step except you and the other twit?
 
CDNBear
#378


Does CC need a three strikes rule?
 
lone wolf
+2
#379
On that TV thing, she just got voted off the island
 
Goober
#380
Nice try Buckey - But i see you will not admit to being in error. Not my problem. But it is yours.

Heres supper. My treat

Last edited by Goober; Mar 16th, 2012 at 08:14 PM..
 
CDNBear
#381
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

On that TV thing, she just got voted off the island

 
Goober
+1
#382
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Hey!

I like both you dudes.

Leave me outta this.

Ok with me.
 
earth_as_one
+1
#383
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

Suggestions that the mass murderer was drunk, had an unhappy marriage, or had bumped his head in a car accident (well before he was cleared physically and psychologically for this Afghan tour) have been tossed around.

What's the point of mentioning this information if not to minimize his responsibility for his actions?

I agree. If an Afghan soldier came to the US and shot 16 American civilians including women, children and babies, I doubt people minimize the heinous crime or make excuses. More likely these minimizers and apologists would demand the Afghan murderer stay in the US to face justice and if convicted, face the death penalty.
 
lone wolf
#384
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I agree. If an Afghan soldier came to the US and shot 16 American civilians including women, children and babies, I doubt people minimize the heinous crime or make excuses. More likely these minimizers and apologists would demand the Afghan murderer stay in the US to face justice and if convicted, face the death penalty.

How do you know a few didn't smack a couple of airplanes into two buildings killing three thousand?
 
Ocean Breeze
#385
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I agree. If an Afghan soldier came to the US and shot 16 American civilians including women, children and babies, I doubt people minimize the heinous crime or make excuses. More likely these minimizers and apologists would demand the Afghan murderer stay in the US to face justice and if convicted, face the death penalty.

exactly. One can imagine the lynch mob mentality that would take hold. Of course planned assassination comes to mind as well.....being that it is an accepted policy now. Imagine the reaction if said killer were to pizz on the bodies, videod it and put it up on UTUBE. Then burnt the bodies.

Thanks for bringing forth that "what if" scenario in the US. Seems there are many layers of "justice" ....Plus that is one scenario folks refuse to acknowledge or consider.

The reality is that this murderer committed an act of TERRORISM in a country that he was deployed to improve, free and move into a more progressive democratic nation. (at least that is what the propaganda machine has been spewing for over a decade now)

Perhaps the Afghans should use the same motto. as the bush regime started: " You are either with us or with the terrorists".(as if the third option of NEITHER does not apply)... and this act shows exactly where that one lies.

critical to note that invasions of choice are also an act of terrorism. Just ask all the terrified populations that have been affected. Murder, rape of citizens in a foreign nation are an act of terrorism. Burning the evidence just compounds the crime.

Quote:

Afghan leader blasts U.S. over shootings probe

Afghan leader blasts U.S. over shootings probe (external - login to view)


........One would think so.
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; Mar 17th, 2012 at 01:30 AM..
 
Ariadne
#386
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I agree. If an Afghan soldier came to the US and shot 16 American civilians including women, children and babies, I doubt people minimize the heinous crime or make excuses. More likely these minimizers and apologists would demand the Afghan murderer stay in the US to face justice and if convicted, face the death penalty.

Thank you for such a refreshing view ... how would everyone feel about it if the shoe were on the other foot (that oft quoted commandment: do unto others as you would have them do unto you). If Afghanistan quietly removed their mass murderer first to Kuwait and then home, where he may not face the same justice of capital punishment that is commonly practiced in the US for mass murder, the outrage could be felt in nukes.

I don't think that would go over too well.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

exactly. One can imagine the lynch mob mentality that would take hold. Of course planned assassination comes to mind as well.....being that it is an accepted policy now. Imagine the reaction if said killer were to pizz on the bodies, videod it and put it up on UTUBE. Then burnt the bodies.
Thanks for bringing forth that "what if" scenario in the US. Seems there are many layers of "justice" ....Plus that is one scenario folks refuse to acknowledge or consider.
The reality is that this murderer committed an act of TERRORISM in a country that he was deployed to improve, free and move into a more progressive democratic nation. (at least that is what the propaganda machine has been spewing for over a decade now)
Perhaps the Afghans should use the same motto. as the bush regime started: " You are either with us or with the terrorists".(as if the third option of NEITHER does not apply)... and this act shows exactly where that one lies.
critical to note that invasions of choice are also an act of terrorism. Just ask all the terrified populations that have been affected. Murder, rape of citizens in a foreign nation are an act of terrorism. Burning the evidence just compounds the crime.

Quote has been trimmed, See full post: View Post
The lynch mob was ready at hand for those that even suggested the murderer be processed by the local judicial system ... imagine what would have happened if he had been processed by the local judicial system. There would have been an outcry and most likely retaliation for not recognizing the man's psychological defect ... perhaps much would have been made of the fact that someone with a mental defect should not be put to death for his crimes ... although that would be a bit hypocritical coming from the US.

Pissing on dead bodies, burning piles of religious books and burning the bodies of murdered female children ... all in a very short space of time. Did anything happen to those young girls before they were shot and burned? Are we to assume that nothing happened to the young girls at the hands of murderous drunkards (Afghan reports are that more than one person was involved) and if so, why? Why were their bodies taken out of their beds, hauled as dead weight to a secondary location and burned ... across two villages in a short period of time during the night. That doesn't add up at all ... but if those young girls were not dead weight, that makes it easier to meet the timelines of 2 hours from beginning to end: two villages, shooting spree in several home invasions, bodies burned in a third location.

The really sad thing about where this happened is that it was in an area where Canadians had worked especially to improve relations with the community. They developed a model city (where the murders took place) and that model was being adapted in nearby cities. Canadians are continuing to work hard to establish infrastructure, like educational institutions for women in Afghanistan. Women in Afghanistan have been prevented from attending school in the past. Schools with female children and their teachers have been blown up and shot. Changing the education level of the population is an excellent way to make change in a country ... but the military practice of shooting children in their beds, or dragging the young girls away to be shot and burned in a secondary location, is barbaric and way out of line.

The US needs to man up with this one, in my opinion ... the days of shoot em up, burn their religious books and piss on their dead bodies are long gone ... time's up ... time to stop making excuses for men that have no descency when they are away from home. When Canada withdrew troops from this peaceful Afghan region, US soldiers took over. The actions of this (these) homicidal maniac(s) has been a huge setback in terms of establishing peace with the middle east.

Quickly transporting the murderer out of the country was not helpful. Perhaps we can sit back and understand how this might have happened, but that should not excuse the soldier from experiencing the full (local justice system) consequences of the law. If he had any honour and decency, this would not have happened, even with post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Last edited by Ariadne; Mar 17th, 2012 at 04:17 AM..
 
earth_as_one
#387
This latest senseless massacre of Afghans proves most Americans, the MSM, our leaders and many people here have two standards of justice. One for "us" and another for "them". The same people making excuses for and rationalizing this killer's heinous crime would support a beheading with an axe if the killer was Afghan and his victims were American women, children and babies.

For the record, I support truth and justice. I am not that certain that we know the whole truth here. I am doubtful that only a single person killed all these people. This person should be innocent until proven guilty. If he is determined to be guilty, then he should be handed over to the Afghan authorities for justice. I do not support the death penalty, but I accept that if I travel to another country, I am subject to their laws.
 
CDNBear
+2
#388
Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

I agree. If an Afghan soldier came to the US and shot 16 American civilians including women, children and babies, I doubt people minimize the heinous crime or make excuses. More likely these minimizers and apologists would demand the Afghan murderer stay in the US to face justice and if convicted, face the death penalty.

Your hypocrisy aside. Who is minimizing and apologizing?

Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

One can imagine the lynch mob mentality that would take hold.

Oh I can imagine it, the bulk of your posts are excellent examples of lynch mob mentality.

Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

Thank you for such a refreshing view ...

It wasn't refreshing, it simply massaged your views.

Only the stupid call mental masturbation, refreshing.

Quote:

The lynch mob was ready at hand for those that even suggested the murderer be processed by the local judicial system ...

What lunch mob was that? Or are you back to making things up?

Especially since I suggested just that on page one.

The only differences being, I didn't spin the story, make things up, or other make posts filled with all manner of stupidity, like yourself.

Quote:

Did anything happen to those young girls before they were shot and burned? Are we to assume that nothing happened to the young girls at the hands of murderous drunkards...

What? Are you really fabricating stuff now?

The fact that he murdered innocent women and children isn't enough for you? You need to make stuff up too?

Quote:

The really sad thing about where this happened is that it was in an area where Canadians had worked especially to improve relations with the community.

No, the really sad thing is, over a dozen women and children were murdered in cold blood.

Your spin, accusations and fallacious commentary is a pathetic byproduct thereof.

Quote: Originally Posted by earth_as_oneView Post

This latest senseless massacre of Afghans proves most Americans, the MSM, our leaders and many people here have two standards of justice. One for "us" and another for "them". The same people making excuses for and rationalizing this killer's heinous crime would support a beheading with an axe if the killer was Afghan and his victims were American women, children and babies.

Really? Can you point out some people here with two standards? Who would support beheading the accused with an axe, if he was Afghani?

Quote:

For the record, I support truth and justice.

Since you support truth, I'll be seeing some quotes to back up the claims you just made about the double standards of some here. Right?

Quote:

I am not that certain that we know the whole truth here.

I'm positive we aren't. But then again, I'm not prone to using anecdote as evidence, like yourself.

Quote:

This person should be innocent until proven guilty.

Wow, and he's not even Muslim.

Quote:

I do not support the death penalty, but I accept that if I travel to another country, I am subject to their laws.

Really? You actually believe that?

Speaking of double standards.
Last edited by CDNBear; Mar 17th, 2012 at 06:56 AM..
 
Praxius
+3
#389
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

How do you know a few didn't smack a couple of airplanes into two buildings killing three thousand?

I think the amount of Afghans killed since 9/11 is far beyond how many people died and were impacted by 9/11

Even if the entire country was responsible for 9/11, what has been done in Afghanistan goes far beyond eye for an eye or any sort of justice.
 
lone wolf
#390
You're probably correct about the body counts. In retrospect, it may not have been such a great idea to go piddling on the machinery.
Last edited by lone wolf; Mar 17th, 2012 at 10:32 AM..
 
no new posts