U.S. soldier kills up to 16 Afghan civilians

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

I'm reading loud and clear. PTSD: the "commonly used in military defense,"

That's what happens when Soldiers are Stop Loss'ed. And military Doctors are under pressure to clear able bodies to be redeployed.

It's a viable defense, if proven.

Ariadne
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

That's what happens when Soldiers are Stop Loss'ed. And military Doctors are under pressure to clear able bodies to be redeployed.

And this part: "An unnamed US official had told the New York Times the killings were a result of "a combination of stress, alcohol and domestic issues – he just snapped"?

No one is making excuses for this murder spree. He just had PTSD (the "commonly used defence"), had witnessed a friend get wounded, was drunk, under stress and had domestic issues, but no one is making excuses to minimize his responsibility for the murders.

CDNBear

No one is making excuses for this murder spree. He just had PTSD (the "commonly used defence"), had witnessed a friend get wounded, was drunk, under stress and had domestic issues, but no one is making excuses to minimize his responsibility for the murders.

Your earlier post were directed at members here.

Don't let your obvious stupidity, interfere with reality.

Ariadne

Your earlier post were directed at members here.

Don't let your obvious stupidity, interfere with reality.

What kind of stupidity are you talking about?

Do you actually think I'm posting about people that comment on this forum when posting about an international incident?

CDNBear
+2

What kind of stupidity are you talking about?

Do you actually think I'm posting about people that comment on this forum when posting about an international incident?

That kind of stupidity.

Goober
+1

And this part: "An unnamed US official had told the New York Times the killings were a result of "a combination of stress, alcohol and domestic issues – he just snapped"?

No one is looking for excuses. There are 2 reports regarding drinking - one says yes - the other says no.
As to his injuries in Iraq - 2 differing reports -

You on the other hand are looking for reasons to hang him. Must be frustrating to always be correct. How do you stand it when having a discussion with others that Just Don't get It.

Your Pal Goober

Ariadne

That kind of stupidity.

If you believe that my remarks about articles published regarding this incident are not about this international incident, but are instead about people on this forum, then methinks you have a wee bit of a problem with your ego.

CDNBear
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

You on the other hand are looking for reasons to hang him.

Given the shear monstrosity of the act, the repercussions thereof, and black eye his alleged actions have given military personnel.

I'm not all that inclined to disagree.

Ariadne
+1

No one is looking for excuses. There are 2 reports regarding drinking - one says yes - the other says no.
As to his injuries in Iraq - 2 differing reports -

You on the other hand are looking for reasons to hang him. Must be frustrating to always be correct. How do you stand it when having a discussion with others that Just Don't get It.

Your Pal Goober

I don't need to look for an excuse in order to want to see justice for the families of the murdered children. Wanting justice for the victims of murderers is something that's part of our social values. What has stunned me are the many excuses offerred (in the news; that I've posted links for) over the last couple of days to minimize the man's responsibility for his murderous actions.

CDNBear
+2

If you believe that my remarks about articles published regarding this incident are not about this international incident, but are instead about people on this forum, then methinks you have a wee bit of a problem with your ego.

Not really.

And I need only cite one post, to point out your stupidity...

Quote:

Open question - Did you see any poster defending this massacre?

A simple yes or no would suffice.

Suggestions that the mass murderer was drunk, had an unhappy marriage, or had bumped his head in a car accident (well before he was cleared physically and psychologically for this Afghan tour) have been tossed around.

What's the point of mentioning this information if not to minimize his responsibility for his actions?

Unless Goober, whom you quoted, is party to this international event.

Wear your stupidity with pride. You earned it.

I don't need to look for an excuse in order to want to see justice for the families of the murdered children. Wanting justice for the victims of murderers is something that's part of our social values. What has stunned me are the many excuses offerred (in the news; that I've posted links for) over the last couple of days to minimize the man's responsibility for his murderous actions.

Nice back pedal.

Goober

Given the shear monstrosity of the act, the repercussions thereof, and black eye his alleged actions have given military personnel.

I'm not all that inclined to disagree.

It was a monstrous act. He if suffering from a mental illness will be hard pressed to prove and use this as a viable defense in a US Court of Law. Insanity is a difficult defense in the US - Canada is much different on this.

There have been to many of these crimes and all Soldiers are tarred with the same brush.

Ariadne
Here's the man that had so many reasons for murdering children ...

http://assets.mediaspanonline.com/pr...H-108_w446.jpg

CDNBear
+2

It was a monstrous act. He if suffering from a mental illness will be hard pressed to prove and use this as a viable defense in a US Court of Law. Insanity is a difficult defense in the US - Canada is much different on this.

True, but you know some lawyer will take up the challenged. It's not as if PTSD is without clinically tested and proven diagnosis methods.

Quote:

There have been to many of these crimes and all Soldiers are tarred with the same brush.

The brush being used, wielded by the Usual boobs and suspects.

Goober
+1

Have you checked that there are differing versions on the drinking, on the injuries he incurred in Iraq. Does that tell you anything. Well does it?
It means the info has not been confirmed. Do you understand that. Not confirmed. Except in your small & narrow mind.

Again
You Pal Goober

Ariadne

Not really.

And I need only cite one post, to point out your stupidity...

Unless Goober, whom you quoted, is party to this international event.

Wear your stupidity with pride. You earned it.

That would be your stupidity for not checking the source for the link.

Sure he had a head injury ... he bumped his head on a vehicle when he was getting out of it. I think everyone in the world has that "head injury".

"An official told ABC News that the soldier has suffered a mild traumatic brain injury (TBI) in the past, either from hitting his head on the hatch of a vehicle or in a car accident. He went through the advanced TBI treatment at Fort Lewis and was deemed to be fine."

http://abcnews.go.com/International/soldier-held-afghan-civilian-massacre-brain-injury-marital/story?id=15900289 (external - login to view)

CDNBear

Have you checked that there are differing versions on the drinking, on the injuries he incurred in Iraq. Does that tell you anything. Well does it?
It means the info has not been confirmed. Do you understand that. Not confirmed. Except in your small & narrow mind.

Again
You Pal Goober

Bru, she doesn't care about facts.

All she cares about is the peripheral BS that she can wield to smear the US and military.

It makes her feel like she's part of something.

That would be your stupidity for not checking the source for the link.

You just can't stop embarrassing yourself can you.

I quoted your answer to Goobers very specific question.

Again, wear your stupidity with pride. You keep earning it.

Ariadne

All she cares about is the peripheral BS that she can wield to smear the US and military.

Get over yourself. I comment here, I don't inform myself of current events here. Sheesh ... you're having some serious problems with the fact that I researched the topic before commenting on it.

You're one of those chauvenists aren't you ... the kind that think women have no brain and know nothing until some male with a huge ego tells them what to believe.
Last edited by Ariadne; Mar 16th, 2012 at 06:43 PM..

Goober

Yes she is part of something. The rush to judge crowd - But then again she knows all, sees all and the rest of us are FFn dumb.
The way she is getting it on with OB I had the impression that CC was about to have their first nuptials of posters who met on CC.
Now wouldn't that be something.

CDNBear

Get over yourself.

Coming from you, that's the hight of hypocrisy.

Quote:

I comment here, I don't learn inform myself of current events here. Sheesh ... you're having some serious problems with the fact that I researched the topic before commenting on it.

You failed at it then. But that is besides the point, and you obvious limited cognitive skills, makes explaining it, after showing you your errors. Is well beyond a futile effort.

Quote:

You're one of those chauvenists aren't you ... the kind that think women have no brain and know nothing until some male with a huge ego tells them what to believe.

Nice weak claim.

All the women in my life, and the few I know on line, including SLM, Karrie, Zan, would wholeheartedly disagree with you.

But if it makes swallowing the fact that you have expressed such incredible stupidity here, run with it. It only confirms my observations.

Geezus, you're so daft that you don't/can't, even see that the only area we disagree on, is the crap you make up.

Ariadne
+2

Yes she is part of something. The rush to judge crowd - But then again she knows all, sees all and the rest of us are FFn dumb.
The way she is getting it on with OB I had the impression that CC was about to have their first nuptials of posters who met on CC.
Now wouldn't that be something.

I see that you and your bear are more interested in discussing people that comment here than discussing this international incident.

Lost for words? Nothing to say? Do you find it easier to bully people that disagree with you than to come up with something sensible to say?

Goober
+2

Get over yourself. I comment here, I don't inform myself of current events here. Sheesh ... you're having some serious problems with the fact that I researched the topic before commenting on it.

No we like facts - take a hint - Goggle - and see the differing versions of the reports - i have read them but you choose to cherry pick what meets your limited and narrow minded viewpoint.

Your Ever Lovin Pal Goober.

CDNBear
+1

I see that you and your bear are more interested in discussing people that comment here than discussing this international incident.

I would love to discuss the incident.

Do you think you can do it without the silly spin you have been doing it with so far?

I mean someone who wasn't completely stupid, wouldn't have to have that said to them.

But here you are.

Quote:

Lost for words? Nothing to say? Do you find it easier to bully people that disagree with you than to come up with something sensible to say?

Once again, you have offered a shining example of your stupidity.

No one really disagrees with you.

We have an issue with the spin you keep putting on the facts.

DaSleeper
+2

I would love to discuss the incident.

Do you think you can do it without the silly spin you have been doing it with so far?

I mean someone who wasn't completely stupid, wouldn't have to have that said to them.

But here you are.

Once again, you have offered a shining example of your stupidity.

No one really disagrees with you.

We have an issue with the spin you keep putting on the facts.

You guys enjoy arguing with a couple of silly Tw*ts ..I mean Twits?

Goober
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

I find, that when Bear doesn't back goober up when it comes to military....it means goob is talking out his ***....... again.

Gerry - Best read the thread Buckey.

This post has been approved for the Certification Committee that Goober does not know Jack Shxt.
Remember - your vote counts.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

You guys enjoy arguing with a couple of silly Tw*ts ..I mean Twits?

Bru, you know me, I love poking fun at the Addled and mindless.

gerryh

Gerry - Best read the thread Buckey.

This post has been approved for the Certification Committee that Goober does not know Jack Shxt.
Remember - your vote counts.

Read the thread, and have already commented on your knowledge levels.

SLM
+3

Chauvenist? Wow, do I hate it when women toss out that one for no valid reason. It demeans actual incidents of chauvinism when you do that and frankly makes all women look small.

He's about the farthest from chauvinist as is possible.

Try re-reading the thread from the beginning to see where folks actually stand on this topic.

Goober

Well I must have missed that gem. Perhaps you can bump it up.

lone wolf
+3

There are no excuses. It's as simple as that. If you're reading excuses, you've already dispensed with justice and hung the guy before anyone can take a run through his head to get a clue what happened ... or do you just want a bunch of people snapping for the same unknown reason? Justice goes a LOT deeper than revenge.

Goober

I did - cannot find the Mea Culpa?? Must be in the fine print.

no new posts