Fed up with Islam Yet???

Cannuck
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

In Canada, religion is not rammed down anyones throat.

"Ramming down throats" is a subjective phrase. I can't count how many times I've been to public functions in the past year when some Christian got up and offered a prayer. A perfect example was at our Fire Dept Christmas Party when the Chief stood up and announce that he would say grace as dinner was being served. I was at a community supper on Tuesday night and the same thing happened.

It's not really such a big deal to me but i do find it hilarious that these people that feel that their beliefs deserve recognition at a public function are generally the first ones to complain when they see an RCMP officer in a turban.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

"Ramming down throats" is a subjective phrase. I can't count how many times I've been to public functions in the past year when some Christian got up and offered a prayer. A perfect example was at our Fire Dept Christmas Party when the Chief stood up and announce that he would say grace as dinner was being served. I was at a community supper on Tuesday night and the same thing happened.

It's not really such a big deal to me but i do find it hilarious that these people that feel that their beliefs deserve recognition at a public function are generally the first ones to complain when they see an RCMP officer in a turban.

and you didn't have to participate, therefore, no one forced anything down your throat.

Corduroy
Thank God for that.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Most politicians are old, fat men any way you cut it.

Actually, mostly young fat men AND women!

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

Thank God for that.

Then what are you whining about?

JLM

I was born here. I'm sure CB was born here. My forefathers came from elsewhere. CB's forefathers came from elsewhere. Just what exactly are you talking about?

YOU were BORN here? That's giving a pretty broad definition to the term "born".

Some people are just thankful for what they have and for their good fortunes, Others like to think they did it all themselves and it's a matter of "Screw you Jack, I'm alright".

Quote: Originally Posted by CorduroyView Post

False dilemma. I'm against religion and religion being crammed down my throat. Hypocrisy doesn't bother me really.

I don't understand how one can be against religion.................it's just a belief system.

Colpy
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Christians can lecture Muslims about tolerance, but they still have their own issues to work out.

indeed.

The intolerant Christian rant on chat lines, and occasionally even picket here and there.

The intolerant Muslims fly aircraft into tall buildings, blow themselves up in crowded markets, and shoot children at their school.

Exactly how blind do you have to be NOT to see the difference???

The last TWO DAYS:

2012.03.21 (Tank, Pakistan) - A female Red Cross worker is killed by suspected militants during an attempted abduction. 2012.03.21 (Muqur, Afghanistan) - A Taliban rocket fired into a bazaar shreds three civilians. 2012.03.21 (Zafaraniyah, Iraq) - Sunnis slit the throats of a Shiite mother and her three children in their home. 2012.03.20 (Baghdad, Iraq) - Religion of Peace bombers kill two people with a blast at an Orthodox church. 2012.03.20 (Karbala, Iraq) - Sunni bombers send thirteen Shia pilgrims straight to Allah. 2012.03.20 (Baghdad, Iraq) - A Shahid suicide bomber murders five civilians

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ColpyView Post

i and shoot children at their school.

That's right, americans wait till they get home, then gather the kids AND their family into one room and THEN kill em.... see the difference?

what an ignorant piece of shyte.

come on colpy..... lets look at some numbers.....or are you going to shut your fu cking racist mouth?

Tonington

indeed.

The intolerant Christian rant on chat lines, and occasionally even picket here and there.

The intolerant Muslims fly aircraft into tall buildings, blow themselves up in crowded markets, and shoot children at their school.

Exactly how blind do you have to be NOT to see the difference???

When you pick and choose the definitions, it's easy to make stark contrasts. In reality, intolerant Christians do far more than picket and rant on the internet. They've blown up Churches, they've murdered doctors. Look at what some Baptist's have become involved in in India:

BBC News | SOUTH ASIA | 'Church backing Tripura rebels' (external - login to view)
The NLFT is accused of forcing Tripura's indigenous tribes to become Christians and give up Hindu forms of worship in areas under their control.

Last year, they issued a ban on the Hindu festivals of Durga Puja and Saraswati Puja.

The NLFT manifesto says that they want to expand what they describe as the kingdom of God and Christ in Tripura.

The Baptist Church in Tripura was set up by missionaries from New Zealand 60 years ago.

The Baptist Church has been supporting these terrorists.

Yes, quite a bit more than just ranting on the internet and picketing.

You hold on to some belief that the violence is an intrinsic function of the religion. Yet you cannot explain the disparity between violence that occurs on a regular basis in places like the Middle East, and Africa, versus what adherents of those same beliefs do in more secular nations and regions, like in the West. The answer is staring you right in the face, those regions are different, those societies are different.

You're trying to make distinctions in a vacuum were all else is equal, when that is clearly not true.
That's a fail. A big fat fail.

gerryh
+1
Let's take a quick look at just the 90's.... our infamous dellaire......rwanda, 90% christian, over 800,000 slaughtered. Bosnia, another place Canada had it's fingers into, over 300,000 killed by Christians, over 100,000 Muslim women raped by Christians. That's just a few short years in the middle of the 90's.

Get your head out of your ***. The fact is, HUMANS over overwhelmingly kill other HUMANS. Period. Why? I would say it's mainly becaise of *******s like you who always seem to be able to justify killing someone else.

CDNBear
+1

It's about spreading hatred against immigrants. Let's try and get the thread back on track.

I'm sure no one was purposely trying to impede your spreading of hate.

Carry on.

Corduroy
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

I don't understand how one can be against religion.................it's just a belief system.

Umm... so?

Colpy
+3

That's right, americans wait till they get home, then gather the kids AND their family into one room and THEN kill em.... see the difference?

what an ignorant piece of shyte.

[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

come on colpy..... lets look at some numbers.....or are you going to shut your fu cking racist mouth?

Why don't you kiss my furry ****??

If you are so freaking stupid you can't tell the difference between the acts of deranged individuals acting out personal grudges on their own against every single tenet of their culture and the predominant religion of the west, and individuals and organized groups targeting members of every other culture in perfect harmony with the tenets of their religion....well then you are too stupid to debate the matter in and sensible fashion.

If you had any sort of an intellect, or any real sense of the religion you so loudly proclaim, you'd keep a civil tongue in your head.

Instead of behaving like a cur with distemper.

FEEL the tolerance!

quotWE SHOULD BE HAPPY HEPOPE SHENOUDA DIEDLET HIM BURN IN HELLquotISLAMIC SCHOLAREGYPT - YouTube

gerryh
+1
Sounds a lot like you colpy... your brother?

Colpy
+1

BTW, Islam isn't a race.......lol

It is a belief, a cult, one that is the absolute antithesis of everything valuable in western culture.

That, and the more than significant infiltration of Islam into western society ,makes it incredibly dangerous.........

Cliffy
+1

It is a belief, a cult, one that is the absolute antithesis of everything valuable in western culture.

That, and the more than significant infiltration of Islam into western society ,makes it incredibly dangerous.........

Was it not predominantly Christian countries like the US and Canada who went into predominantly Muslim countries like Iraq, Afghanistan Pakistan and Lybia, bombed the crap out of their infrastructure and killed hundreds of thousands of innocent men, elderly, women and children?I'm sorry Colpy, but you or anybody else on this contenent has any moral higher ground when it comes to killing civilians.

gerryh

Then we shall change racist to brainless bigot. I see you ignored everything else I posted.

gerryh
14th century Christendom condones pedophilia.

Renaissance: God in Man, A.D. 1300 to 1500: But Amid Its Splendors, Night ... - Ted Byfield - Google Books (external - login to view)

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I'm sure no one was purposely trying to impede your spreading of hate.

Carry on.

No point to it, Bear. Isn't there an old saying about giving these turkeys enough rope............................?

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Was it not predominantly Christian countries like the US and Canada who went into predominantly Muslim countries like Iraq, Afghanistan Pakistan and Lybia, bombed the crap out of their infrastructure and killed hundreds of thousands of innocent men, elderly, women and children?I'm sorry Colpy, but you or anybody else on this contenent has any moral higher ground when it comes to killing civilians.

Ummmmmmmmmmmm, Nope- 9/11 happened before most of the cases you mention.

gerryh

and what did 9/11 have to do with Iraq and Libya?

JLM

and what did 9/11 have to do with Iraq and Libya?

Just evening up things a bit Gerry. Like Cliff was giving me the impression that we were the bad guys while the Muslims were Lily white and pure as the wind driven snow, and I was pointing out that they'd been up to a little mischief before we even fired a shot. Not to mention the S.S. Cole and the previous attempt on the W.T.C. oh yeah and Lockebie Scotland.

Cliffy

And why were Muslims pissed enough to pull a stunt like that? Could it have been decades of interference in their internal affairs? 911 was a direct response to US foreign policy in the middle east.

JLM
Gerry - Did you figure what Khadaffy was doing for 40 years was within the realm of proper etiquette?

gerryh

Just evening up things a bit Gerry. Like Cliff was giving me the impression that we were the bad guys while the Muslims were Lily white and pure as the wind driven snow, and I was pointing out that they'd been up to a little mischief before we even fired a shot. Not to mention the S.S. Cole and the previous attempt on the W.T.C. oh yeah and Lockebie Scotland.

Really? *** for tat is necessary? Shall we go back to what the west has been responsible for before 9/11? before Lockerbie?

JLM
+1

And why were Muslims pissed enough to pull a stunt like that? Could it have been decades of interference in their internal affairs? 911 was a direct response to US foreign policy in the middle east.

I'm not a scholar of International Affairs (or of anything else for that matter) but what U.S. foreign policy justified taking almost 3,000 lives and many $billions in structural damage? Isn't this foreign policy negotiated with all those affected? Doesn't the U.N. have a role in foreign policy? I don't really have enough information to make a definitive statement on the matter and wouldn't without having a lot more facts. But I find it hard to believe that Bush and Harper are 100% guilty.

Cliffy

Gerry - Did you figure what Khadaffy was doing for 40 years was within the realm of proper etiquette?

And what do we know about Qaddafi besides the propaganda we were fed? Let's see - free education, free health care, assistance for home and auto purchases. Ya, he was a really bad dude. Just because he made his own rules and told the west where they could stuff their heads is not reason enough to kill him and destroy his country. I doubt he was any saint, but we just don't know the truth about him or Libya. We were sold a major bill of goods on that BS mission. Another reason I don't like Harpo. He and his cronies lied through their teeth on that one, pulled a Dubbya on us, he did.

Nobody in politics is Lilly white. Power corrupts no matter which race, colour or creed.

gerryh

I'm not a scholar of International Affairs (or of anything else for that matter) but what U.S. foreign policy justified taking almost 3,000 lives and many $billions in structural damage? Isn't this foreign policy negotiated with all those affected? Doesn't the U.N. have a role in foreign policy? I don't really have enough information to make a definitive statement on the matter and wouldn't without having a lot more facts. But I find it hard to believe that Bush and Harper are 100% guilty.

ya...ok......

JLM

Really? *** for tat is necessary? Shall we go back to what the west has been responsible for before 9/11? before Lockerbie?

Good question. For thousands of years it's been about land...............invading, conquering, controlling, profitting. I don't believe in blowing a plane out of the sky with 300 innocent people on board.

gerryh

Good question. For thousands of years it's been about land...............invading, conquering, controlling, profitting. I don't believe in blowing a plane out of the sky with 300 innocent people on board.

You're right, so much better to invade the country and kill 10's of thousands.

JLM

And what do we know about Qaddafi besides the propaganda we were fed? Let's see - free education, free health care, assistance for home and auto purchases. Ya, he was a really bad dude. Just because he made his own rules and told the west where they could stuff their heads is not reason enough to kill him and destroy his country. I doubt he was any saint, but we just don't know the truth about him or Libya. We were sold a major bill of goods on that BS mission. Another reason I don't like Harpo. He and his cronies lied through their teeth on that one, pulled a Dubbya on us, he did.

Nobody in politics is Lilly white. Power corrupts no matter which race, colour or creed.

Your last sentence says it all.

You're right, so much better to invade the country and kill 10's of thousands.

I don't know about "better", one is for gain the other for revenge or maybe perceived revenge.