Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
Vancouver man faces bestiality charge

Warning: This story contains graphic content and may offend some people

CBC News

Bestiality charges2:03

A Vancouver man is set to go to trial for bestiality, a charge that is rarely prosecuted in the courts.

The SPCA alleges it has seized video of Brian Cutteridge, 38, engaged in sexual acts with his dog.

"The B.C. SPCA first started investigating this case back in 2010 when we received some information that this individual was sexually interacting with his dogs, which is illegal in Canada," said SPCA spokesperson Marcie Moriarty.

Cutteridge has argued openly against bestiality laws and has written extensively about sexual relationships with animals. Two years ago he published a paper called For the Love of Dog: On the Legal Prohibition of Zoophilia in Canada and the United States.

"He feels very strongly that that should be something that's legal," Moriarty said. "He feels those relationship with his dogs are equivalent to a marriage-type relationship and that's not the case in Canada, thank goodness, and it can impact the welfare of the animals."

Cutteridge's dogs are in the custody of the SPCA.

The B.C. SPCA is asking veterinarians to come forward if they suspect owners are engaging in sexual acts with their pets.

Cutteridge is expected to appear in B.C. Supreme Court on March 14 to set a trial date.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OMG!!!!

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
The fact that in your title, you are equating sex with another consenting adult (regardless of gender) to sex with an unwilling, helpless member of another species pretty much dictates where your stance is on this "issue". That you seem to want to make light of it with the picture at the end, just reinforces it.

Cutteridge is a sick man. Zoophilia isn't quite as bad as pedophilia but it shares too many traits for me to think that it should ever be legalized. Conversely, homosexuality is a much different situation, which is much more similar to heterosexuality between adults than anything else (its really only SOME of the mechanics that differ). People that mock this type of situation are damned near as bad as the ones doing it, in my opinion too.

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
The fact that in your title, you are equating sex with another consenting adult (regardless of gender) to sex with an unwilling, helpless member of another species pretty much dictates where your stance is on this "issue"

There is nothing in the article that states the animal was helpless or unwilling.

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
The comparison of homosexuality to bestiality speaks volumes about the original post's author.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
If nothing else, they should be nailed for having sex with minors....

True horror story about computer dating....

One headline read "Must love dogs"....

Well, I do ... and she was sorta cute, and I was sorta lonely ... and she meant it!

Time to boots on, coat on, key on, GO?...

....about 180 seconds

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
There was a title?

Methinks it got hijacked by its OP

Suggesting same sex marriage is in any way comparable to what the idiot in the news article is trying to achieve says quite a bit, in my opinion. Had the article simply been posted without it, I wouldn't be questioning the attitudes of the poster.

But since that's being put out there, well it's fair game then.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
The fact that in your title, you are equating sex with another consenting adult (regardless of gender) to sex with an unwilling, helpless member of another species pretty much dictates where your stance is on this "issue". That you seem to want to make light of it with the picture at the end, just reinforces it.

Cutteridge is a sick man. Zoophilia isn't quite as bad as pedophilia but it shares too many traits for me to think that it should ever be legalized. Conversely, homosexuality is a much different situation, which is much more similar to heterosexuality between adults than anything else (its really only SOME of the mechanics that differ). People that mock this type of situation are damned near as bad as the ones doing it, in my opinion too.

Well now that you have decided that I am anti-Gay Marriage.. What this person has done is sick.. he needs help..

As far as my views on Gay Marriage... What to people do behind closed doors (within a legal discourse of the act) is really none of my business and doesn't effect me personally.

As ****ed up as this world is, if to people can find love and want to share each others company.. God Bless them, heterosexual or homosexual.

For me Gay Marriage is just not that important of an issue facing mankind.

I think what is more important, is to focus on the cure for Cancer, feeding the growing population and advancement in technology to make everyone's life better. Most important, is how to avoid human annihilation because of our own greed and failures to understand and communicate with other cultures and religious beliefs, such as Iran, Russia or China.

Nuclear proliferation and Iran's desire to obtain nuclear weapons for the purpose of Energy and Space Exploration.

You ever see those folks out in the streets, burning the American flag, beating their heads until bloody, and Iran says it want's nuclear power for space exploration??

The only time, Iran, Iraq, Syria and so on will have a desire to travel into space is when Israel plants a colony on the moon. :lol:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
As far as my views on Gay Marriage... What to people do behind closed doors (within a legal discourse of the act) is really none of my business and doesn't effect me personally.
So a guy, behind closed doors, loves his dogs, literally.

It's non of your business, and it doesn't effect you personally.

What's your problem?

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
BOOMer is a desperate soul himself it appears. Suggesting people are sick who don't subscribe
to his lifestyle. The article and the same sex marriage law are two totally different entities. Be
against same sex marriage that is your opinion just don't venture into the area of being a bigot
about it. Same sex marriage I know little about other than a few of my friends are gay.
I think the person who posted this has some issues of his own that he would even try to equate
the two issues. It does take all kinds.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
"Gay Marriage is legal, so what's next??"
"Vancouver man faces bestiality charge"
What the frack does one have to do with the other?
Personally, I don't care if someone love animals, trees, insects, or whatever; it's none of my concern however nuts I think they are.

The comparison of homosexuality to bestiality speaks volumes about the original post's author.

So a guy, behind closed doors, loves his dogs, literally.

It's non of your business, and it doesn't effect you personally.

What's your problem?

Exactly.

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
BOOMer is a desperate soul himself it appears. Suggesting people are sick who don't subscribe
to his lifestyle. The article and the same sex marriage law are two totally different entities. Be
against same sex marriage that is your opinion just don't venture into the area of being a bigot
about it. Same sex marriage I know little about other than a few of my friends are gay.
I think the person who posted this has some issues of his own that he would even try to equate
the two issues. It does take all kinds.

If you're agreeing with beasteality and saying I'm a desperate soul for not...Thank you.. :lol:

...and did you bother to read 2 articles above you?? Where did I say I was against Gay Marriage?

Last edited: