No Hair cut for Anti Gay Gov.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Stylist to anti-gay marriage governor: No haircut for you

U.S. News - Stylist to anti-gay marriage governor: No haircut for you

Jolly good for the stylist. About time these neaderthals and their backward ways joined the current decade and let go of their fanatical (and rediculous ) ideology .

As long as parts of society are treated differently or denied..... then it is a myth to say that freedom reigns in the US.

If they want to get married.....why the heck not?? Not that the heterosexual has made a positive example to live by . Think Kardashian

and a few other splashy couples that got their media time , exchanged a few words , were declared married "in the eyes of god". or whatever......and one quickly realizes that matrimony has become a commercial venture for most of the parties involved. Be sure to get that prenup signed. Part of the business contract.

There is a reason that same sex marriages stand a better chance of working. They as part of the culture have not ;had it easy. They cherish the idea and fact of marriage with a respect that the heterosexual has lost. They cherish the idea of having a family as they know how hard and cruel and unfair life can be. All one has to do is try to put oneself in the shoes of the ones that are prejudiced against. (and for some "religious " notion . Religion and biology don't mix. Never will.

A gay person cannot change their orientation anymore than a black person or any other color ...can change their pigmentation. OK..Michael Jackson tried. How well did it work for him???

Just some thoughts....

:smile:More good news.

Maryland lawmakers pass bill to allow gay marriage

By msnbc.com staff and news services
State senators approved a gay marriage bill 25-22 Thursday, moving Maryland closer to becoming the eighth state in the U.S. to legalize same-sex marriages.

U.S. News - Maryland lawmakers pass bill to allow gay marriage

Good for them. Live and let live.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
An openly-gay judge in Texas is refusing to wed opposite sex couples until same sex couples can be married as well.
“I do not perform them because it is not an equal application of the law. Period,” Judge Tonya Parker said.
Parker, the first openly LGBT African-American elected official in the state’s history, explained at a recent Stonewall Democrats of Dallas meeting why she refused to perform marriages.

Lesbian judge refuses to wed couples until same sex marriage legalized | The Raw Story

Good for her. Fascinating dynamics .......change is happening whether the anal retetive group want it or not. One person at a time.

the power of a true democratic process. It takes time......but people gradually learn, adapt and accept the fact that the law must treat all people equally.

Good for him. This will probably be the best advertising he can get and it is all free.

indeed. Isn't that all part of the american dream??? Publicity yields awareness , more clients, and more money.

More power to him.

an aside: but it seems that most male hair stylists are gay. Probably because they are more inclined to be artistic. Not a generalization.........just an observation.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
I like this idea of banning social conservatives from your product or service.

This needs to catch on.

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle

This needs to catch on.

Unless they proselytize or otherwise disrupt your service or business, that would be the same discrimination that many rail against. Hypocrisy?
I am not at all religious but i recognize a "witch hunt" when i see it, even though the form is masked.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving

This needs to catch on.

Social Conservatives and Liberals who want to run our lives.
Send them to Sable Island at low tide. After high tide comes and returns to low tide. Please add more.

Liberalman

Senate Member
Mar 18, 2007
Toronto
He noted that Darden was not her usual hairdresser and that following reports of his decision, the governor's office got calls from more than 10 salons on Wednesday saying they'd be "happy to cut the governor's hair," Darnell told The New Mexican.

Lot of opportunities in boycotts

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Gotta kind of wonder why an anti gay governor would go to a gay hairdresser in the first place.
Also got to wonder why so many of these anti gay marriage types don't want gays to suffer like straight men have to.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I wonder what kind of response would be elicited if a hairdresser or anyone else in a service profession stated they would not cut anyone's hair who SUPPORTED homosexual 'marriage'. The cacophony of 'homophobe', bigot, would be deafening in the popular press.

Its part of the general hypocrisy and disingenuousness that has always pervaded homosexual 'rights' movement and its aspirations to the status of 'victim'.. where all opinions but those of complete affirmation and legitimization.. even those base on personal religious belief, or common sense, or support of real human dignity rather than unfettered gratification contrary to all natural law.. are deemed to be based on 'hatred'.

I'm sure the Governor won't lose much sleep over it.. i won't. And i'm sure she'll have no trouble finding a replacement. :roll:

Last edited:

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
I wonder what kind of response would be elicited if a hairdresser or anyone else in a service profession stated they would not cut anyone's hair who SUPPORTED homosexual 'marriage'. The cacophony of 'homophobe', bigot, would be deafening in the popular press.

Its part of the general hypocrisy and disingenuousness that has always pervaded homosexual 'rights' movement and its aspirations to the status of 'victim'.. where all opinions but those of complete affirmation and legitimization.. even those base on personal religious belief, or common sense, or support of real human dignity rather than unfettered gratification contrary to all natural law.. are deemed to be based on 'hatred'.

I'm sure the Governor won't lose much sleep over it.. i won't. And i'm sure she'll have no trouble finding a replacement. :roll:

Let me see a Bigot labelling another a Bigot. Really.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
It wasn't when a wedding dress shop refused service for some lesbians a while back. The "cacaphony" was more in blogs and forums than in the press. Kind of like this issue.

Ah there it is. The usual opinion founded in scientifically ignorant bigotry. "Natural law" has it that a steady percentage of homosexuality has existed throughout human history just like left- or right-handedness and hair color. What you're referring to is "religious law".

Yep. Plenty of hairdressers around. That proves nothing except there is an abundance of opinions.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
What is hard to accept is that this is even an issue in current times. But then "religious" laws are what keep the believers in prejudicial mode .........something that true spirituality would denounce in a NY second.

The reality is that human ATTITUDES are so hard to change. It takes a few generations and the demise of the prejudial minds before true change takes place where these issues are non issues.

What is truly astounding is how backwards the religious mentality remains. (be it about the gay population, abortion , contraception . Notice that all of the above relate to personal sexual and reproductive issues. How on earth do those have any thing at all to do with spiritual and personal (internal ) growth??? (and evolution) They are biological factors. Not religious issues, and only become legal issues when abused in a destructive manner. ( rape etc)

IF relgious laws were based on true humanitarian principles .....they might be worth considering as a model for living. As they stand.....they do more harm than good. Brainwashing being the first and formost principle to be dispelled. Independant thought and reason must prevail......if civilization is to make progress.

Goober

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 23, 2009
Moving
What is hard to accept is that this is even an issue in current times. But then "religious" laws are what keep the believers in prejudicial mode .........something that true spirituality would denounce in a NY second.
QUOTE]

Lots of people without as they say Religion that are racists.