No Hair cut for Anti Gay Gov.


EagleSmack
+1
#61
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post


I suspect you deliberately omitted a small but important word in that statement......male

Nope, we were talking about male hairstylist. Your attempt to deflect has failed.



Quote:

Easy to recognize that some still have a problems with those daring to express themselves.

Clearly so. How dare people try and express themselves... they should be discriminated against! (see sarcasm) Just like the OP supports. What about you?
 
coldstream
#62
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

What is truly astounding is how backwards the religious mentality remains. (be it about the gay population, abortion , contraception . Notice that all of the above relate to personal sexual and reproductive issues. How on earth do those have any thing at all to do with spiritual and personal (internal ) growth??? (and evolution) They are biological factors. Not religious issues, and only become legal issues when abused in a destructive manner. ( rape etc)

.

Or how CONSISTENT they are, all founded on the same premis.. the dignity of life, of the corresponding free will and responsibility of the individual, of the grace of God. It's transient secular sentiments that have wandered all over the map in the last 4 decades.. and into some very dark territory.. death, futility, inertia, pessimism, enslavement to carnality.. and our laws now reflect this.

Both sides deal with procreation as an issue, of acceptance or rejection of a natural and divine order, because the future of humanity depends on it, and it is in this that humans most truly imitate divine intent. And it is in this that the most constructive.. AND.. destructive... consequences of our public policy will be realized. In either case it will be profound.
Last edited by coldstream; Feb 27th, 2012 at 02:11 PM..
 
bluebyrd35
+1
#63
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Nope, we were talking about male hairstylist. Your attempt to deflect has failed.

Sorry luv but it was "most MALE hairstylists"....... Your attempt to squirm out from under has failed.





Clearly so. How dare people try and express themselves...

Yup....I find, words omitted, twisted and deliberately misplaced is the only way some male chauvinists manage to feel superior. Imagine a woman daring to talk back.
 
DaSleeper
+2
#64
 
SLM
+3
#65
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

Yup....I find, words omitted, twisted and deliberately misplaced is the only way some male chauvinists manage to feel superior. Imagine a woman daring to talk back.

Where exactly did he say anything even remotely chauvinistic? Or is it simply because he's male and in disagreement with you?

I am a woman and I dare to talk back to pretty much anyone I disagree with.

Making a generalized comment, or "an observation", such as that most male hairstylists are gay does perpetuate a stereotype. It does speak to a mindset and does far more harm by perpetuating that stereotype than the more blatant exhibitions of homophobia. Just because it's subtle does not mean it's not bigoted.
 
L Gilbert
+1
#66
lol Anyone who takes stereotypes seriously is a nutty as the stereotypers.
 
EagleSmack
#67
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

Yup....I find, words omitted, twisted and deliberately misplaced is the only way some male chauvinists manage to feel superior. Imagine a woman daring to talk back.

Wow... All this and you misquote me entirely! You do understand that it is a BIG no-no to misquote another member here correct?


You quoted me as saying...

" Sorry luv but it was "most MALE hairstylists"....... Your attempt to squirm out from under has failed."

Now where did I say that?

Calling me a male chauvinist is complete ignorance on your part. Nothing I have said points to that. I didn't even know you were a woman.
 
bluebyrd35
#68
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Where exactly did he say anything even remotely chauvinistic? Or is it simply because he's male and in disagreement with you?

I am a woman and I dare to talk back to pretty much anyone I disagree with.

Making a generalized comment, or "an observation", such as that most male hairstylists are gay does perpetuate a stereotype. It does speak to a mindset and does far more harm by perpetuating that stereotype than the more blatant exhibitions of homophobia. Just because it's subtle does not mean it's not bigoted.

Well, first I was not replying to you, nor using your post, but my own. In fact, I don't believe I even read yours. I have tried to point out that the majority of male hairdressers (I did wonder why hairstylists was emphazied)are predominately gays because it is one of the more gentle, caring occupations. I am sure there are probably one or two boxers, football players or wrestlers who are gay, but as a rule gay men are not as interersted in the more testosterone laden occupations.

And yes, there is history between some here that you are probably unaware of.
Last edited by bluebyrd35; Feb 28th, 2012 at 11:37 AM..
 
EagleSmack
+2
#69
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

Well, first I was not replying to you, nor using your post, but my own. In fact, I don't believe I even read yours. I have tried to point out that the majority of male hairdressers (I did wonder why hairstylists was emphazied)are predominately gays because it is one of the more gentle, caring occupations. I am sure there are probably one or two boxers, football players or wrestlers who are gay, but as a rule gay men are not as interersted in the more testosterone laden occupations.

Ah... more stereotyping and bigotry!

Probably one or two boxers, football players, etc. that are gay? There are a heck of a lot more than that. But don't let me get in the way of your ignorant comments. Please continue.

Quote:

And yes, there is history between some here that you are probably unaware of.

If so, and if it is me your are whining about... I have no recollection. Perhaps I disagreed with you, so you reverted to false accusations then as well? Just like you did here.

I'd also suggest you stop misquoting me or learn to use the quote feature properly.
 
SLM
+2
#70
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

Well, first I was not replying to you, nor using your post, but my own.

I know who you were replying to. I felt something needed to be said and so I said it. I do not need to wait to be spoken to before I can speak up.

Quote:

In fact, I don't believe I even read yours.

Well you have now.

Quote:

I have tried to point out that the majority of male hairdressers (I did wonder why hairstylists was emphazied)are predominately gays because it is one of the more gentle, caring occupations. I am sure there are probably one or two boxers, football players or wrestlers who are gay, but as a rule gay men are not as interersted in the more testosterone laden occupations.

I'm very aware of what you are trying to point out. I am pointing out that that is a very condescending attitude and perpetuates stereotypes.

Quote:

And yes, there is history between some here that you are probably unaware of.

Don't kid yourself, I'm aware of a lot.
 

Similar Threads

23
Got my hair cut
by Twila | May 11th, 2005
no new posts