No Hair cut for Anti Gay Gov.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

None, but I know a swishy gay male wedding planner, whose mechanic husband is more manly than I.

Funny, that same swishy wedding planner and manly mechanic, say the same thing about Gay Pride and the bulk of its participants.

Paul Brandt, before he became a country singer, was a nurse at Calgary Childrens Hospital and he is not gay. 2 of the nurses that my mother has in Royal Columbian Hospital are NOT gay. This stereotyping HAS to stop, and from what I have seen, the "straight" supporters are just as bad as the opponents.

bluebyrd35
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

Who said I'm Christian?

Your posts speak volumes

Machjo
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by bluebyrd35View Post

Your posts speak volumes

If you guessed that I profess the Christian Faith, then you guessed wrongly.

I should add though that though I oppose homosexual relations, I do support protecting homosexuals from homophobic attacks.

Also, I do not stereotype male hairdressers or nurses as gay at all.
Last edited by Machjo; Feb 26th, 2012 at 03:01 PM..

gerryh
see ob and bb, machjo would be one of those non religious bigots.

bluebyrd35
[QUOTE=CDNBear;1552610]None, but I know a swishy gay male wedding planner, whose mechanic husband is more manly than I.

Funny, that same swishy wedding planner and manly mechanic, say the same thing about Gay Pride and the bulk of its participants.[/QUOTE)

And that matters why?? A good marriage or union, is about compatibility, love and respect, not about who shows more masculine or feminine qualities or features.

The gay pride parade has at least brought the bigots out front though hasn't it. Very difficult to counteract subtle discrimination.

Machjo
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

see ob and bb, machjo would be one of those non religious bigots.

I do believe in God, but just don't profess the Christian Faith. Call me a bigot all you want.

CDNBear
+1

And that matters why??

Just pointing out the bigoted flaw in your commentary.

Quote:

I know several hair dressers that are male and are gay... so what?? I also know of quite a few male orderlies that are gay, and I can understand how the more gentle and caring occupations appeal to those who's sexual genes are geared less to the warrior cast than the average.

You do realize, gay people serve in the military too eh?

Quote:

The gay pride parade has at least brought the bigots out front though hasn't it.

It has? Are you saying a gay man, that finds the gay pride exhibitionism and stupidity, deplorable, is a bigot?

Quote:

Very difficult to counteract subtle discrimination.

Is having an opinion about what is or is not an appropriate display in public, with public funding, discriminating?

gerryh
+1

I do believe in God, but just don't profess the Christian Faith. Call me a bigot all you want.

I didn't say you didn't believe in God, I said you were non religious. Try reading AND comprehending.

I also don't need your permission to point out the obvious.

Goober
[QUOTE=bluebyrd35;1552507]You know there is a difference between observation of the obvious and bigotry. I know several hair dressers that are male and are gay... so what?? I also know of quite a few male orderlies that are gay, and I can understand how the more gentle and caring occupations appeal to those who's sexual genes are geared less to the warrior cast than the average. It works two ways, I have seen quite a number of female truck drivers with burly muscles, that many of their male counterparts step carefully around. Humanity does not fit into neat little boxes, but observation of that fact does not indicate bigotry.

hmmmm.....you do realize that when choosing any candidate/ideal, you must discriminate?? When voting for one candidate, you are automatically discriminating against all others. Discriminating taste is choosing, in one's opinion, those persons/solutions, closest to one's ideal.

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

And even more with religion are racists. The difference is that most religions insideously encourage that stance. Some early religious or familial indoctrination of secularists, unfortunately linger.

Can someone define "true:" spirituality?? For sometime, I was impressed with Ghandi's approach to spirit, but finding even this icon of the time, had some really nasty clay feet, pissed me off.

I take it that you have stats to prove your point? Or is this just your opinion?

gerryh
+1
I really wish you would clean up those quotes. It's damn near impossible to figure out who said what.

Machjo

I didn't say you didn't believe in God, I said you were non religious. Try reading AND comprehending.

I also don't need your permission to point out the obvious.

What makes you think I'm non-religious?

bluebyrd35

If you guessed that I profess teh Christian Faith, then you guessed wrongly.

I should add though that though I oppose homosexual relations, I do support protecting homosexuals from homophobic attacks.

Also, I do not stereotype male hairdressers or nurses as gay at all.

''''''''''''
LOL, doesn't work laddy or lady which ever. Who cares about what creed or personal belief you profess. Since prejudice is instilled, it has a source, and can originate from several areas. About 99% of the time it is religiously based, even when coming from teachers, family or friends. Only you can determine where it originated. I was merely going by the odds.

It is all about discrimination. You profess to be opposed to homosexual relations, and against homophobic attacks. BUT... why do you feel no compunction about putting your nose into the bedrooms of others. How wierd is that?? If sexual relations are between adults,and are mutual satisfying, it is not your right or business to approve or disapprove,

Ocean Breeze

You NEVER have to defend your personal beliefs. They are yours and how you live by them is your business.

There are too many ready to condemn as if they have the right to interfere into ones personal life and belief system. They don't. It is none of their business.

Just sayin.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean BreezeView Post

You NEVER have to defend your personal beliefs. They are yours and how you live by them is your business.

There are too many ready to condemn as if they have the right to interfere into ones personal life and belief system. They don't. It is none of their business.

Just sayin.

Have you looked in the mirror lately????

bluebyrd35
[QUOTE=Goober;1552646]

You know there is a difference between observation of the obvious and bigotry. I know several hair dressers that are male and are gay... so what?? I also know of quite a few male orderlies that are gay, and I can understand how the more gentle and caring occupations appeal to those who's sexual genes are geared less to the warrior cast than the average. It works two ways, I have seen quite a number of female truck drivers with burly muscles, that many of their male counterparts step carefully around. Humanity does not fit into neat little boxes, but observation of that fact does not indicate bigotry.

hmmmm.....you do realize that when choosing any candidate/ideal, you must discriminate?? When voting for one candidate, you are automatically discriminating against all others. Discriminating taste is choosing, in one's opinion, those persons/solutions, closest to one's ideal.

I take it that you have stats to prove your point? Or is this just your opinion?

You got to be kidding!!

Do you acknowledge for and against? or right and wrong? Black or white? Do you need those proven by stats?? Good lord, try a little brain power.

Do you not realize when you vote for a liberal, you are withholding your conservative vote?? If you say no to a second slice of cake, that is the opposite of saying yes?? You need stats for this??

CDNBear

If sexual relations are between adults,and are mutual satisfying, it is not your right or business to approve or disapprove,

There are groups of people that think you're being discriminatory with your narrow view.

How intolerant and bigoted of you.

Goober

Just sayin.

You have to defend them as soon as they come out of your mouth or by actions that you take.
Just observing ya know.

bluebyrd35
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

There are groups of people that think you're being discriminatory with your narrow view.

How intolerant and bigoted of you.

LOL.........lordy, lordy, I quit ...........this is like being lost in a bowl of jello when trying to pin down a grain of salt.

gerryh
+2

From your posts in the past..... am I wrong? If so I apologize, what religion do you adhere to?

LOL.........lordy, lordy, I quit ...........this is like being lost in a bowl of jello when trying to pin down a grain of salt.

Only in our dreams. A wolf in sheeps clothing would describe you and ob perfectly.

Machjo

From your posts in the past..... am I wrong? If so I apologize, what religion do you adhere to?

Only in our dreams. A wolf in sheeps clothing would describe you and ob perfectly.

I profess the Baha'i Faith; but do not judge the Baha'i Faith by what I type here. Like we should any other religion, judge it by its own sacred texts.

Ocean Breeze

You ain't kidding. It's not like we are trying to decode the "god" factor or string theory. Seems the message is quite simple and basic

Examine one's own bete Noirs. (including all ones ingrained prejudices etc and be honest with oneself about it). Adapt to the changing world /society that preaches equal treatment of all people , regardless of color ,race, religion;, gender and social status........and yet has a heck of a time practicing what it preaches. If the leaders exibit such biases , and are supposed to be an example for the equality of mankind, how is anything else going to trickle down to the individual. Leaders are role models.....and when they utter some religious outdated fanatical belief about something they have no business doing......(like science and biology) ....it is up to folks to seriously question their pontification. The problem is they preach to the vulnerable and know how to manipulate people with that good old threat and fear factor. They claim that to judge is wrong.(and that is correct) , and yet are first out of the gate to do so. Not only judge but condemn and ostrasize.

How would folks on here like to walk in the shoes of a gay / lesbian for a year. ?? Live their life as they have to and deal with the assignign prejudice that is a form of insanity to begin with. as fixed , unyielding beliefs are a form of delusion. That is a FACT.

.....an aside: but a uni in some part of the US is talking about setting up a separate residence for gays and lesbians. I could not believe what I was hearing. Do they have to stand at the back of the bus too?? How about separate washrooms.?? This is the most regressive type of stupidity of what is supposed to be progressive and modern times. Go figure.

One cannot help but feel sorry for such ideation. They just can't help themselves. Yet so many of them are in influential positions.

One has to wonder how religion itself got to be so powerful in the area of politics , social lack of change ,

Weird.

critter171
let me say this equal means equal and the us is far from that to this date... when you treat someone diffrent base of sex than its wrong its cleary indicated in the Constitution.

damngrumpy
+1
If she does not approve of his lifestyle then she does not need his services.
I think he did the right thing. Yes she has an opinion however she is the
State Governor and should be sensitive to the rights of all people in her state.
By pitting people off against each other, she divides the interests of all and
that is usually counter productive. I think its time that people in an open society
should behave like an open society. There are far more important issues than
this one like jobs and a nation going to hell in a hand basket. People are homeless
people are hungry and without the necessities of life and the Republicans are
talking about social issues like gay marriage and protecting the rights of the richest
people in the nation. These people are entitled to special rights while the middle
class pays their bills.
What the hell is going on down there do they not see how silly they look to the rest
of the world?

EagleSmack
+1

Sof , If I state most women prefer pink cheek rouge than men do, I am not stating the obvious but being a bigot??

Regarding rouge preference... no.

Saying most hairstylist are gay... yes.

Quote:

How many male hairdressers do you actually know??

Two. Neither are gay.

Quote:

I made no statement about denying services being discrimatory. Who cuts a bigot's hair should be the choice of the deliverer of the service. I would tend to discrimate selling an animal I raised to someone I knew would use it in a bloodsport, it is my right.

Kind of like this?

ES: did I not say that it was an OBSERVATION . Not a GENERALIZATION?? And as Bluebird says....there are professions that lend themselves to certain personalities . Hair stylists are artists and that requires creativity , pliability, flexibility etc......and many gay men are very well suited to that job.I have only met ONE heterosexual in the trade and he did not come close to the artistry and creativity that a gay man has. Again.....it is an observation. Not a generalization.

Keep on going with your bigotry.

Quote:

Now.....Barbers are mostly ( again an observation) hetero sexual. But even that is changing as men go to stylists more frequently in current times.

Keep on putting that foot in your mouth!

How very Dennis Miller of you.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by skookumchuckView Post

Unless they proselytize or otherwise disrupt your service or business, that would be the same discrimination that many rail against. Hypocrisy?

It's a business.

They can put in whatever cooky requirements for their clientele that they like.

Gay haters and religious zealots - NO HAIR CUT FOR YOU!

EagleSmack
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

It's a business.

They can put in whatever cooky requirements for their clientele that they like.

Gay haters and religious zealots - NO HAIR CUT FOR YOU!

Jim Crowe Laws would suit that type of thinking MF.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

Jim Crowe Laws would suit that type of thinking MF.

Hey, it's a free market.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalflossView Post

Hey, it's a free market.

You'd be willing to recall laws banning discriminatory practices and segregation?

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmackView Post

You'd be willing to recall laws banning discriminatory practices and segregation?

Nah. Just take the social conservatives and put them in a giant microwave for 5-7 mins.

Problem solved!

(needs more purple)

bluebyrd35
[QUOTE=EagleSmack;1553061]Regarding rouge preference... no.

Saying most hairstylist are gay... yes.

I suspect you deliberately omitted a small but important word in that statement......male The majority of hairdressers are women, just as the majority of nurses are still women. These are two occupations that women were traditionally allowed to hold in our previously male dominated society. Think just a wee bit............who decided which occupations, or rights would be permitted blacks or women in our society?? In a world where many thought (and still think) homosexuality is catching, how many occupational choices are/were safe and expressive??

I must say, posting that telephone bigotry struck me as weird. It was posted by a company run by men, during a time when women, blacks, never mind those with a different sexual orientation, were not deemed equal enough to vote but could serve as telephone operators (another occupation once considered menially suitable only for women) Easy to recognize that some still have a problems with those daring to express themselves.