Chavez for UN Human Rights Council?

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Funny. under Chavez, the Venezuelan government has methodically undermined the right to free expression, workers’ freedom of association, and the ability of human rights groups to protect rights.
F'ing UN is on drugs if it goes for Chvez' bid for a seat.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Funny. under Chavez, the Venezuelan government has methodically undermined the right to free expression, workers’ freedom of association, and the ability of human rights groups to protect rights.
F'ing UN is on drugs if it goes for Chvez' bid for a seat.

Yeah but think of the irony!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
But, but wouldn't that mean their current constitution could be read out to all nations who have oil (and not) to see what it should be like if the citizens and not the corporations are given preferential treatment. You could even compare it to the previous one, or better yet the one Iran was under for 25 years when the US was running the place.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Absolutely... I fully support Chavez being on the UN Human Rights Council. Is he filling Gaddaffi's vacant seat?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
lol I did. That's why I added the word "funny" at the front of my post.

Some things are just so good they need to be repeated. ;)

Absolutely... I fully support Chavez being on the UN Human Rights Council. Is he filling Gaddaffi's vacant seat?

LOL, I'd be scared if I were him. Those filling that seat seem to have the life expectancy of a Spinal Tap drummer.

damngrumpy

Executive Branch Member
Mar 16, 2005
kelowna bc
Why not Chavez he is one of the oil nations and automatically gets a place at the table.
Ever noticed the governments of the west rant and decry Chavez until the subject turns
to oil? Chavez is the fourth largest supplier to America's thirst for oil and and such we
should understand all rights are negotiable according to the price of oil.

Addressing the other issues, Chavez has limited the rights of unions in his home country,
but then again some States in the US have done that recently. If whizz kid Rick gets to
be President, federal union workers in America will be put upon much more that down
south.
The question is why did Chavez do some of the things he did? The system of government
and society was much more corrupt under the former regimes and the poor and some
other groups were frozen out of the decision making process altogether. I am not saying he
is right in all he does but something had to be done to ensure everyone had some voice.
The real problem is that Chavez didn't become a dictator, he gave the vote to millions of
poor people who didn't have a vote, and they flock to the polls to re-elect him its better than
a revolution.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It's okay. The podium probably doesn't reek of sulfer anymore. The UN is wired on FARCe blow and they need Huggable Hugo as a middle man.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Why not Chavez he is one of the oil nations and automatically gets a place at the table.
Ever noticed the governments of the west rant and decry Chavez until the subject turns
to oil? Chavez is the fourth largest supplier to America's thirst for oil and and such we
should understand all rights are negotiable according to the price of oil.

Addressing the other issues, Chavez has limited the rights of unions in his home country,
but then again some States in the US have done that recently. If whizz kid Rick gets to
be President, federal union workers in America will be put upon much more that down
south.
The question is why did Chavez do some of the things he did? The system of government
and society was much more corrupt under the former regimes and the poor and some
other groups were frozen out of the decision making process altogether. I am not saying he
is right in all he does but something had to be done to ensure everyone had some voice.
The real problem is that Chavez didn't become a dictator, he gave the vote to millions of
poor people who didn't have a vote, and they flock to the polls to re-elect him its better than
a revolution.

A vote kind of like Russia where only the chosen get to run?

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
A vote kind of like Russia where only the chosen get to run?
What does that mean exactly? In our system each party has a leader that 'is chosen' and independents don't stand a chance to be the majority. Nor are the 'winners' ever shackled to keeping any campaign promise. I don't follow their politics all that much but it seem they were doing about the same as the rest of the world, if the leaders saw a population as being an obstacle they were killed off. Same method that was used throughout the world at that time. Marginal existence for the population and the output. Long story short, the elect/slave government became the rule and the plan might have worked if the main industry was making real war equipment for an imaginary war. It went until it crashed heavily. On a rebound things changed, defensive equipment is many times cheaper and simpler, the old hardware got new software, very cheap and advances are fast compared to designing a better shell.
That brings us to today, seems the arrest the West downplayed was by the one where the head of an US led NGO was the one being arrested on charges of 'vote tampering'.

Exactly. And opposition gets arrested... media gets shut down, etc.
Yet when Hugo takes charge the opposition (international corporations staff) runs away leaving a few patsies behind. The media actually starts reporting things that are important to the people before the entertainment shows. (once the media actually gets to all the people, another broken )All you are doing is showing you support a stupid warn out system that never worked properly in the first place for the majority as (if given a vote) that is the system they would vote for, after all being unemployed would make one a corporation (in name only).
Isn't this the same as being 'chosen' as leader of the 'humane' free world? Even the most ruthless terrorist or assassination network knows the public (that he depends on) will not support a person who is 'already dieing of cancer' being killed in a public and messy way.. In the spy industry, is that that called a back-fire?