skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Nice teaser that the media put out. Zero info about what he had for survival equipment and there had to be heavy clothing at least if not a sleeping bag or blankets. No way he would survive -30 in a car otherwise. "at least two months without food" that is a stretch in those temperatures.
Hmmm, just searched and there is more to the story.......
Swedish man Peter Skyllberg survives in frozen car for two months by eating handfuls of snow | Mail Online

Well, the woman from Penticton did survive for 49 days last winter in Nevada without food............who thought that was possible?

skookumchuck

Council Member
Jan 19, 2012
Van Isle
In both cases the actual length of time without food was fuzzy because there was some food, i am not demeaning the ordeal, just saying that the media loves to leave out info to catch your attention.
The Penticton woman's ordeal did not include temperatures of -30 and she had water. Eating snow significantly decreases your body core temperature. When i searched i found that the Swede did indeed have warm clothing and a sleeping bag, along with there being evidence of much more food that originally stated.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
They should search around the area where the car was. He probably buried the wrappers of the
six cases of Swedish Mars Bars in the snow somewhere. He'll get a book out of this...maybe a
movie as well.....:roll:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm thinking of two months worth of human waste to deal with. Even
with little food and snow/ice for liquid, with metabolic systems still
in effect.....I don't know how closely I'd want to paw around where
that car was myself.

shadowshiv

Dark Overlord
May 29, 2007
They should search around the area where the car was. He probably buried the wrappers of the
six cases of Swedish Mars Bars in the snow somewhere. He'll get a book out of this...maybe a
movie as well.....:roll:

Considering how he was very near death, I sincerely doubt he planned this ahead of time.