7-year-old branded 'racist' for asking student about skin colour

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Not in all cases but your point is irrelevant. That's like saying there is no difference between an MLA and a Provincial Cabinet Minister because all Provincial Cabinet Ministers are MLAs. Makes sense in your world I guess

I never said there was no difference between principals and teachers. You really should sign up for Reading 3 offered in your community.

Kreskin
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Thaaatt's right...

The mother of a seven-year-old boy was told to sign a school form admitting he was racist after he asked another pupil about the colour of his skin.

Elliott Dearlove had asked a five-year-old boy in the playground whether he was ‘brown because he was from Africa’.

His mother, Hayley White, 29, said she received a phone call last month to say her son had been at the centre of a ‘racist incident’.

She was then summoned to a meeting with Elliott, his teacher and the deputy head of Griffin Primary School in Hull.

Read more: Boy, 7, branded a racist for asking schoolmate: 'Are you brown because you come from Africa?' | Mail Online

Hayley needs to get over it. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. She's part of the annoying new PC crowd - whine about everything PC and be the PC victim.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Last I heard principals and vice principals are teachers.

Last I heard Cabinet Ministers are MLA's

As I said, "that decision rests with admin (Principal or Vice Principal here in Canada). That is the reason the kid met with the Deputy Head of the School and not just the teacher. I know you have a hate on for teachers but you really should be fair in your criticism".

It's not my fault that you are confused by the difference in their positions.

shadowshiv
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by lone wolfView Post

Puppies? He didn't like them either? I thought he only had a hard-on for poodles

Damn! That's right. It was poodles, not puppies.

DaSleeper
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by KreskinView Post

Hayley needs to get over it. Talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill. She's part of the annoying new PC crowd - whine about everything PC and be the PC victim.

So now it's the mother's fault that she gets called into a meeting over a "perceived" racist comment by an inquisitive child?

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

So now it's the mother's fault that she gets called into a meeting over a "perceived" racist comment by an inquisitive child?

I've got to agree with DaS on this one.

JLM
+3

No, the idiots at the school need to get over it. It should NEVER have gone anywhere to begin with!

Kreskin
Schools do phone parents and meet with them once in a while. The school acknowledged that all was ok. She's concerned about him being "branded", why is she parading him through the media with the story?

Are they white because they come from Texas?

CDNBear

You're welcome.

No worries, I always acknowledge when admittedly stupid people like you, admit to making mistakes.

Alberta.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Alberta.

Like Naheed Nenshi, the mayor of Calgary.

CDNBear

Like Naheed Nenshi, the mayor of Calgary.

Who said Berkley power bait works best.

Cannuck

Who said Berkley power bait works best.

I give up. Who?

CDNBear
+1

I give up. Who?

Likely some Bass Pro shop guy. But you don't need it when dealing with admittedly stupid whoopers like yourself.

Cannuck

Likely some Bass Pro shop guy.

Can't remember?

CDNBear
+1

Can't remember?

Remember what?

This is where you tell me to see a Doctor. LOL.

Cannuck
+1

Remember what?

It's worse than I thought.

CDNBear

It's worse than I thought.

That one gets a thumbs up, for throwing a spin on it.

Keep going, your melt down is hilarious.

Goober
+2

He wasn't branded by teachers. He was branded by a policy. Blame the policy makers.

Policy - Who are the initial Ffups that initiated action and implemented and interpreted Policy in this case???? Then these self same FFups branded a 7 yr old as making a racist statement.

I can tell shxt from shinola.

It was not a policy book was it that hopped off the shelf was it??

Kreskin
I'll bet that kid's a hellion piece of work. Needs attention as much as Mom.

shadowshiv

I'll bet that kid's a hellion piece of work. Needs attention as much as Mom.

You can tell that from one article?

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Policy - Who are the initial Ffups that initiated action and implemented and interpreted Policy in this case???? Then these self same FFups branded a 7 yr old as making a racist statement.

I can tell shxt from shinola.

It was not a policy book was it that hopped off the shelf was it??

Employees are expected to follow policy. Whether it makes sense or not is irrelevant.

TenPenny
This is an example of racism

Racist White Teen Girls Goes On A Rant About Blacks ORIGINAL FOOTAGE - YouTube

CDNBear
+2

Employees are expected to follow policy. Whether it makes sense or not is irrelevant.

As was previously explained to you, the policy has a mechanism, by which the faculty has the power to determine what is or isn't racism.

Shall I bring up your obvious memory issues and the fact that you believe that is a sign that you need to see a Doctor?

Locutus
+2
Hull boy, 7, faces racism claim: Mother denies her son was victim of racial abuse | This is Hull and East Riding (external - login to view)

SLM
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by LocutusView Post

Hull boy, 7, faces racism claim: Mother denies her son was victim of racial abuse | This is Hull and East Riding (external - login to view)

No actual allegations in the racial allegation scandal then?

Hmmm, I wonder how many real bullies got a pass during the whole time this delicate matter was being misattended to?

L Gilbert
+1

Seemed more like it was the school making it a big deal than the mother, IMO.

Schools do phone parents and meet with them once in a while. The school acknowledged that all was ok. She's concerned about him being "branded", why is she parading him through the media with the story?

She was told on the phone that her kid was the center of a racial incident. All he did was ask another kid if they were from Africa. Kids are curious. If the matter was harmless, the school could have told her that to begin with.

Quote:

Perhaps you could make a career out of teaching 7 yr olds how to ask questions in politically correct language?

Cannuck

As was previously explained to you, the policy has a mechanism, by which the faculty has the power to determine what is or isn't racism.

I understand that you tried to explain it but you failed miserable. That is because the faculty does not have the power to define racism. You are wrong. Explain it as much as you want. You will still be wrong.

CDNBear
+2

I understand that you tried to explain it but you failed miserable. That is because the faculty does not have the power to define racism. You are wrong. Explain it as much as you want. You will still be wrong.

Like I said, there is a mechanism, left in their hands.

Quote:

If it is not judged to be a racist incident this would need to be
explained to the parties involved, though the incident might still
remain as another kind of infringement of the school's behaviour
policy which needs a response.

http://www.portsmouth.gov.uk/media/C...entsschool.pdf

I'm sure your admitted stupidity is what caused you to come to such an idiotic conclusion.

Feel free to apply all your usual fallacies as you dance around reality.

Cannuck
LOL....clearly your experience working for the government in minimal.

Blackleaf
+3
Quote:

Hayley is right. I'd complain too if I had a child and they were forced by their school to sign a form saying that they are racist even though the child is just 7 years old and doesn't know any different. I think it's disgusting.

But, sadly, these sorts of things happens when a country becomes under the control of left-wing authorities.

I think Hayley should even try and sue the school.

no new posts