7-year-old branded 'racist' for asking student about skin colour


DaSleeper
#121
Quote: Originally Posted by MachjoView Post

I thought Marxism had to do with the common ownership of material property; are you sure you don't mean cultural totalitarianism?

I'm sure...Google Political correctness and cultural marxism together.
I'm not the first one who has seen the correlation.
 
CDNBear
+1
#122
Quote:

What if our investigation concludes that the incident was not
racist?
If the conclusion is that the incident was not racist, it should still be
recorded internally but not reported back to Children’s Services. Use the
comment section of the Incident Log to note this. A lack of clear evidence
in itself does not deny the reality of the experience for the victim. The
situation may need monitoring.

http://www.portsmouth.gov.uk/media/C...entsschool.pdf

Now this is for the Portsmouth district, but from what I understand, it's all part and parcel of a National outline.

As I thought, there is a mechanism in place to investigate and determine whether or not an act of racism was committed.
 
JLM
#123
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Unions don't like effort.

And a lot of the employees that support them don't like it either.
 
shadowshiv
#124
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Well that's their job though, to sit around and pontificate and be "the correct way of looking at things".

Meanwhile the rest of us just go to work, spend time with our friends and families, generally get along fairly well with one another and keep society chugging along.

That is until someone stops us to tell us how we have it all wrong.

It sounds like SJP would have fit in perfectly. LOL!
 
JLM
+1
#125
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

It sounds like SJP would have fit in perfectly. LOL!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, let "sleeping dogs" lie!
 
shadowshiv
#126
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, let "sleeping dogs" lie!

Don't you mean "puppies".
 
mentalfloss
#127
PC here an a PC there!

Ol' Mc PC had a farm, an' it's run by the labour party.

In the next scene, the honorable and good at heart, right, played by Indiana Jones, saves the day by shooting the turban guy.

Let me know when I go off script here.
 
Cannuck
+1
#128
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

Don't you mean "puppies".

Quite so.
 
shadowshiv
#129
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Quite so.

As one of his former "puppies" I figured you'd know who I was talking about.
 
Cannuck
+1
#130
Ruff ruff
 
shadowshiv
#131
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Ruff ruff

LOL! Bad dog! Don't pee on the carpet.
 
lone wolf
+1
#132
Puppies? He didn't like them either? I thought he only had a hard-on for poodles
 
EagleSmack
#133
Quote: Originally Posted by dumpthemonarchyView Post

Sure, explaining to a little girl about people coming out of Africa hundreds of thousands of years ago isn't going to work. But why people are different colours and speak different languages has not been explained by science. I doesn't matter, we're all just people.

.

The languages are pretty interesting too. Look at the US and Canada. Our accents are so different yet for the most part, our English speaking ancestors came from the UK and Ireland. We sound nothing like them. Canadian accents, Southern Accents, Boston Accents (I have a deep one), NY City accents... how did that happen?

I have older cousins in Newfoundland who are very hard to understand. When I met one of my Grandmother's elderly cousin I could not understand him at all. AT ALL! I even told him...

"No disrespect Uncle... but I cannot understand a word you are saying."

My cousin had to translate!
 
L Gilbert
#134
"7-year-old branded 'racist' for asking student about skin colour"
Stupidity is rampant and abundant.
 
SLM
#135
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

"7-year-old branded 'racist' for asking student about skin colour"
Stupidity is rampant and abundant.

Sadly that's nothing new.
 
JLM
#136
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

"7-year-old branded 'racist' for asking student about skin colour"
Stupidity is rampant and abundant.

By school teachers yet- the same demographic that whines about being underpaid!
 
Cannuck
#137
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

By school teachers yet- the same demographic that whines about being underpaid!

He wasn't branded by teachers. He was branded by a policy. Blame the policy makers.
 
CDNBear
+3
#138
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

He wasn't branded by teachers. He was branded by a policy. Blame the policy makers.

Actually, I posted the policy. There is a mechanism, by which teachers and administrators can assess whether or not an actual racist act was committed. Final say is in their hands.

Obviously, your admitted stupidity caused you to miss that fact.
 
JLM
#139
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

He wasn't branded by teachers. He was branded by a policy. Blame the policy makers.

"Policies" don't make phone calls to parents requesting their presense at the school.



His mother, Hayley White, 29, said she received a phone call last month to say her son had been at the centre of a ‘racist incident’.

She was then summoned to a meeting with Elliott, his teacher and the deputy head of Griffin Primary School in Hull.



Read more: Boy, 7, branded a racist for asking schoolmate: 'Are you brown because you come from Africa?' | Mail Online

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Actually, I posted the policy. There is a mechanism, by which teachers and administrators can assess whether or not an actual racist act was committed. Final say is in their hands.

Obviously, your admitted stupidity caused you to miss that fact.

As with all the other facts he misses! (Haven't heard him expounding on the play of the Vancouver Canucks lately.................for some odd reason)
 
CDNBear
#140
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

"Policies" don't make phone calls to parents requesting their presense at the school.



His mother, Hayley White, 29, said she received a phone call last month to say her son had been at the centre of a ‘racist incident’.

She was then summoned to a meeting with Elliott, his teacher and the deputy head of Griffin Primary School in Hull.



Read more: Boy, 7, branded a racist for asking schoolmate: 'Are you brown because you come from Africa?' | Mail Online

You're barking up the wrong tree if you think he'll admit he erred.
 
SLM
+1
#141
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

You're barking up the wrong tree if you think he'll admit he erred.

Well he kinda, sorta, almost did that one time.
 
JLM
+1
#142
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

You're barking up the wrong tree if you think he'll admit he erred.

Don't matter - the whole wide world knows it!
 
Cannuck
-1
#143
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

"Policies" don't make phone calls to parents requesting their presense at the school.

Neither do teachers. That decision rests with admin (Principal or Vice Principal here in Canada). That is the reason the kid met with the Deputy Head of the School and not just the teacher. I know you have a hate on for teachers but you really should be fair in your criticism.


Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

(Haven't heard him expounding on the play of the Vancouver Canucks lately.................for some odd reason)

Why would I?
 
CDNBear
#144
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

That decision rests with admin (Principal or Vice Principal here in Canada). That is the reason the kid met with the Deputy Head of the School and not just the teacher.

I'm impressed that you could admit that you were wrong.

Keep up the good work.
 
JLM
+1
#145
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Neither do teachers. That decision rests with admin (Principal or Vice Principal here in Canada). That is the reason the kid met with the Deputy Head of the School and not just the teacher. I know you have a hate on for teachers but you really should be fair in your criticism.




Why would I?

Last I heard principals and vice principals are teachers. My principal taught me math in grade 6.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I'm impressed that you could admit that you were wrong.

Keep up the good work.

Was it an admission? More like a bunch of garble that came out the wrong orifice!
 
CDNBear
#146
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Last I heard principals and vice principals are teachers.

Were teachers.

Quote:

Was it an admission? More like a bunch of garble that came out the wrong orifice!

It's as close to an admission as you are going to get from Jim. He takes the net unhealthily serious. Openly, and honestly admitting a mistake out here, is obviously something he's not capable of doing. There is obviously something very seriously wrong with his psyche, beyond his admitted stupidity.
 
JLM
#147
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Were teachers.

Depending on the size of the school. But even so I don't think they ever quit being "teachers" as far as membership to the profession.
 
CDNBear
#148
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Depending on the size of the school. But even so I don't think they ever quit being "teachers" as far as membership to the profession.

True, but they are to my knowledge, considered management and no longer part of the "group", or union.
 
Cannuck
-1
#149
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Last I heard principals and vice principals are teachers.

Not in all cases but your point is irrelevant. That's like saying there is no difference between an MLA and a Provincial Cabinet Minister because all Provincial Cabinet Ministers are MLAs. Makes sense in your world I guess

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Were teachers.

Are teachers in many instances. It depends on the size of the school. You're welcome.
 
Johnnny
#150
When i was a really young kid i was walking down a street in hamilton with my mother... We passed a black person and i told my mom that the person had a really bad sun burn... My mom apolagized to the individual and i remember him kinda laughing... Fast forward to today and i have a ton of black friends, while most of my white friends who hadnt had a similar experience dont know a single one. ....
 
no new posts