Air Canada's pilots vote 97% for strike

Tonington
I've had better customer service with Westjet while flying, though they have lost some of my luggage and they took a few weeks to get it back to me. Air Canada on the other hand has sent a connecting flight of mine off before it was supposed to leave, and I missed my connection. Other than that no problems with either carrier. Air Canada definitely has more flight options, which I enjoy as Charlottetown is a small airport with many regional serviced AC flights and only three Westjet flights a week to Toronto, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
SLM
Quote: Originally Posted by ToningtonView Post

I've had better customer service with Westjet while flying, though they have lost some of my luggage and they took a few weeks to get it back to me.

Do they hand deliver it like in the commercials?

Tonington
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

Do they hand deliver it like in the commercials?

No, I had to go to the bus depot.

SLM

No, I had to go to the bus depot.

I knew those ads were full of shyte!

TenPenny
+1
I recently flew ACC from Saint John NB to Montreal - 1.5 hr direct flight on a Dash 8. It was full 37 passengers

My luggage didn't arrive, nor did any of the 5 people who were ending in Montreal, who checked their luggage. Air Canada didn't show any luggage issues in the computer, which made no sense, as they obviously pulled all of the Montreal bound luggage in order to add extra fuel (strong headwinds). I told them what hotel I was at, knowing there was a flight later that night.

Found out about 10pm, the luggage was in Montreal, and would be delivered 'shortly'.

It arrived about noon the next day.

Pathetic.

L Gilbert

I've had better customer service with Westjet while flying, though they have lost some of my luggage and they took a few weeks to get it back to me. Air Canada on the other hand has sent a connecting flight of mine off before it was supposed to leave, and I missed my connection. Other than that no problems with either carrier. Air Canada definitely has more flight options, which I enjoy as Charlottetown is a small airport with many regional serviced AC flights and only three Westjet flights a week to Toronto, on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays.

Haven't had any problems with WJ. But Air Crappola did leave our luggage behind in Vancouver when we went to Tronna once and then had a few chances to get it to us but didn't use them. We told the clerk at our hotel AC was still looking for it when she asked if we had luggage. Kind of makes you wonder why they want you to put tags on the luggage in the first place. 2 days and 3 nights went by before it finally arrived in Tronna. The flight was ok, the food was tasteless, onboard service was ok. The entire flight was overpriced.
A friend had a similar incident but he kept his bag with him on the plane. What AC left in Vancouver was his wheelchair. Pearson lent him one after he refused to get off the plane. lol

no new posts