Tony says legalize drugs

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
How would legalizing drugs have prevented Whitney's death?

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Depends on what drugs you're talking about. Prescription is always the same. Illegal is stepped on with many different things to get mileage and is never the same bang for the buck.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
Drug abuse is a medical problem. Making drugs illegal makes it harder for people to seek help because of the social stigma attached. By making people criminals you create an underground sub-culture where people are afraid of exposure to the dominant culture because of rejection, judgement and bigotry. We isolate addicts by criminalizing them. It is time to make all drugs legal and treat the problem as a medical one. With the billions saved on law enforcement, court time and prisons, we can afford to give the stuff to junkies and we would eliminate all the crime associated with drugs including B&Es. It just makes better sense than the stupidity of the present atmosphere around drugs.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Isn't "important stories regarding entertainers" an oxymoron? I know it is in my universe. I'm somewhat surprised that you place such a high level of importance on the entertainment industry.
All legal industries are important. Tell the folks who work in Hollywood North that their industry isn't important. I hope you're not one of those snobbish, self-righteous twits.

Praxius

Mass'Debater
Dec 18, 2007
Halifax, NS & Melbourne, VIC
Since there has yet to be a toxicology report released or any major details via an autopsy on how she died, it's pretty silly to jump the gun and try and make a debate about drug legalization tied to Huston's death.

TMZ says a lot of things..... sometimes they get it right, other times they get ahead of themselves and let rumors take over reality.

The only facts given to the public at this time is that she was found face down in her bath tub, and not responsive & that one of her staff members found her like that after a period of time of her not responding to the door.... there's also the report that prescription pills were around, but no illegal drugs.

So again.... what does Huston's death have to do with legalizing street drugs?

Cannuck

Time Out
Feb 2, 2006
Alberta
All legal industries are important. Tell the folks who work in Hollywood North that their industry isn't important. I hope you're not one of those snobbish, self-righteous twits.

Nice twist..."entertainers" to "entertainment industry".