Equalization Payments for 2012

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Source: Statistics Canada

Quebec and Ontario will receive the most from equalization payments in the 2012-2013 year.[3]
However, per capita, PEI benefits the most. In the 2012-2013 year, the following provinces will receive equalization payments:[3]

Quebec ($7.391 billion)
Ontario ($3.261 billion)
Manitoba ($1.671 billion)
New Brunswick ($1.495 billion)
Nova Scotia ($1.268 billion)
Prince Edward Island ($337 million)

The following provinces will not qualify for equalization payments in 2012-2013:
Alberta
Saskatchewan
Newfoundland and Labrador
British Columbia

--------------------
Well, we can sure see who the losers are.
Not too many winners to carry all the losers!!

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

I bet you starch your underwear, don't you. You probably give yourself pep talks in front of the mirror in the morning: "I am the greatest, I am a winner, no one can compare to my greatness!" Then stroke your penis for good luck.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto

Quebec and Ontario will receive the most from equalization payments in the 2012-2013 year.[3]
However, per capita, PEI benefits the most. In the 2012-2013 year, the following provinces will receive equalization payments:[3]

Quebec ($7.391 billion)
Ontario ($3.261 billion)

The following provinces will not qualify for equalization payments in 2012-2013:
Alberta
Saskatchewan
British Columbia

--------------------

You know, your post wasn't all that bad until you added your idiotic comment to it. Also, if you think of your self as a "winner", you're sorely mistaken.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Quebec ($7.391 billion)
Ontario ($3.261 billion)

Alberta
Saskatchewan
British Columbia

--------------------

Payback for all the years Ontario carried the west and east.

DurkaDurka

Internet Lawyer
Mar 15, 2006
Toronto
Payback for all the years Ontario carried the west and east.

I can guess his response in his broken English. "You loosers welfare bums take my alberta money i earn from my being a janitor and i'm sick of it! U Eastern LOOOOSERS"

I've already spent my equalization cheque on hookers and blow, I hope Durry approves.

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia

Quebec ($7.391 billion)
Ontario ($3.261 billion)

Alberta
Saskatchewan
British Columbia

--------------------

Nova Scotia is a powerful nation you just keep the money coming and we won't have to come and get it from you.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location

Quebec ($7.391 billion)
Ontario ($3.261 billion)

Alberta
Saskatchewan
British Columbia

--------------------

I know that you don't understand the concept of equalization, but I hope you notice that Newfoundland and Labrador are on the 'not qualify' list for a change. Care to think about how that change happened?

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I can guess his response in his broken English. "You loosers welfare bums take my alberta money i earn from my being a janitor and i'm sick of it! U Eastern LOOOOSERS"

Now be fair, you forgot "HAHAHA!!!!" and/or "LOL!!!!"

I've already spent my equalization cheque on hookers and blow, I hope Durry approves.

Now that's a shame. See Bear and I have discovered that if we pool all of Durry's money we can throw wild, elaborate, 'hookers and blow' all inclusive parties on a yacht. We burn cash to stay warm, it makes a hell of a fire. ;)

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Now be fair, you forgot "HAHAHA!!!!" and/or "LOL!!!!"

Now that's a shame. See Bear and I have discovered that if we pool all of Durry's money we can throw wild, elaborate, 'hookers and blow' all inclusive parties on a yacht. We burn cash to stay warm, it makes a hell of a fire. ;)

Must be the Ink. I hear it burns hotter when it's fresh. 8O

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Must be the Ink. I hear it burns hotter when it's fresh. 8O

Could be, sure is a purdy fire though. And not some little dinky fire either, I'm talking great big bonfire. Takes loads of cash to keep it going. Which is just as well because we need to do something with the loads of cash sent to us. Stuff just keeps piling up! ;)

Durry

House Member
May 18, 2010
Canada
Well it's a typical response from losers!!!
What else can one expect.
Enjoy the bonfire, that's the only enjoyment your capable of getting!!!!

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister

Ok, now I'm having a real problem here... Where they hell is my invite to this?

We've gone way beyond a few beers and party-mix, I definitely need you guys to get my mailing address right.

SLM

The Velvet Hammer
Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
Ok, now I'm having a real problem here... Where they hell is my invite to this?

We've gone way beyond a few beers and party-mix, I definitely need you guys to get my mailing address right.

Ok, ok. You are officially invited.

Just head east. Go around the big lake. Follow the party music, you'll have no problem finding the place.

Bring party-mix.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You know, your post wasn't all that bad until you added your idiotic comment to it. Also, if you think of your self as a "winner", you're sorely mistaken.

I think he was referring to the provinces that get all the free money as the winners since I don't see how being forced to give away our hard earned money could qualify as winning.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I think he was referring to the provinces that get all the free money as the winners since I don't see how being forced to give away our hard earned money could qualify as winning.

Not sure if P.E.I. could be considered a "winner". Steady diet of spuds could be a little depressing! :lol:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It could be construed that the equalization program is paying people to stay in a location that can't support the existing population.

I'd agree with you but apparently some of the provinces who used to be footing the bill are now on the receiving end and visy versy. :lol:

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Does that really matter?

It's great news whenever a region/jurisdiction gets their economy moving and clearly there are times when that lapse in activity needs to be supported, but the fact remains, there are regions that are chronic under performers.

You could fix most of the problem by changing the equalization system to be one where the Feds distribute the cash as a long-term low (or no) interest loan... Too many regions consider transfer payments as a part of their revenue stream and have developed a complete dependency on it.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Does that really matter?

It's great news whenever a region/jurisdiction gets their economy moving and clearly there are times when that lapse in activity needs to be supported, but the fact remains, there are regions that are chronic under performers.

You could fix most of the problem by changing the equalization system to be one where the Feds distribute the cash as a long-term low (or no) interest loan... Too many regions consider transfer payments as a part of their revenue stream and have developed a complete dependency on it.

I notice none of the three territories are mentioned but due to their relatively low population I would imagine they are huge contributers, being all natural resource based. Anyone have figures on them?