Wind warning in Nanaimo

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
This morning we in Nanaimo are expecting winds of 80kph gusting to 100kph. We have a couple large Douglas Fir
trees that could be threatened.....Not to mention our house that the trees could fall on. A couple years ago one of the trees
developed a crack and we had it cut down. I guess we'll see...:roll:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
This morning we in Nanaimo are expecting winds of 80kph gusting to 100kph. We have a couple large Douglas Fir
trees that could be threatened.....Not to mention our house that the trees could fall on. A couple years ago one of the trees

very windy here too juan, a nasty day, but we will drive out to the ocean later just to see the
wild water.

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
Guide wire from the top of tree to each corner of your property, Juan. Then if you can you can tarp the whole thing and get into Guinness BoWR as having created the largest tipi.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
Guide wire from the top of tree to each corner of your property, Juan. Then if you can you can tarp the whole thing and get into Guinness BoWR as having created the largest tipi.
That would require a very large tarp and more energy than I have. While it would be an interesting exercise, I don't think
the Guiness book of World Records pay any money for records as mundane as this......:roll:

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
That would require a very large tarp and more energy than I have. While it would be an interesting exercise, I don't think
the Guiness book of World Records pay any money for records as mundane as this......:roll:

especially when that tarp fills up with water and comes down 'all' at once. lol

L Gilbert

Winterized
Nov 30, 2006
50 acres in Kootenays BC
the-brights.net
No neighborhood kids into climbing?
I'm not sure if the BoWR would pay or not. lol

especially when that tarp fills up with water and comes down 'all' at once. lol
lol Wouldn't happen. Tipis are great for shedding water down the sides. Kind of like pyramids.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I heard things are pretty messy over there. Winds gusting to 110. Power outages. Hope everyone is safe.
A couple big trees went down on our street. I don't think anyone was hurt. We went down to the waterfront to watch
the waves. They were impressive. Wouldn't have wanted to be out in a small boat in that wind.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
A couple big trees went down on our street. I don't think anyone was hurt. We went down to the waterfront to watch
the waves. They were impressive. Wouldn't have wanted to be out in a small boat in that wind.

we went out to watch the waves too, lots of others were there as well.
no power outages for us, but my daughter in deep bay lost power twice yesterday for long periods
of time, not sure about other daughter in merville.
nice this morning, sun shining, but the street is still wet from recent rain, but it is very calm
right now.