Wind warning in Nanaimo


#juan
#1
This morning we in Nanaimo are expecting winds of 80kph gusting to 100kph. We have a couple large Douglas Fir
trees that could be threatened.....Not to mention our house that the trees could fall on. A couple years ago one of the trees
developed a crack and we had it cut down. I guess we'll see...
 
talloola
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

This morning we in Nanaimo are expecting winds of 80kph gusting to 100kph. We have a couple large Douglas Fir
trees that could be threatened.....Not to mention our house that the trees could fall on. A couple years ago one of the trees
developed a crack and we had it cut down. I guess we'll see...

very windy here too juan, a nasty day, but we will drive out to the ocean later just to see the
wild water.
 
L Gilbert
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

This morning we in Nanaimo are expecting winds of 80kph gusting to 100kph. We have a couple large Douglas Fir
trees that could be threatened.....Not to mention our house that the trees could fall on. A couple years ago one of the trees
developed a crack and we had it cut down. I guess we'll see...

Guide wire from the top of tree to each corner of your property, Juan. Then if you can you can tarp the whole thing and get into Guinness BoWR as having created the largest tipi.
 
#juan
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Guide wire from the top of tree to each corner of your property, Juan. Then if you can you can tarp the whole thing and get into Guinness BoWR as having created the largest tipi.

That would require a very large tarp and more energy than I have. While it would be an interesting exercise, I don't think
the Guiness book of World Records pay any money for records as mundane as this......
 
talloola
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

That would require a very large tarp and more energy than I have. While it would be an interesting exercise, I don't think
the Guiness book of World Records pay any money for records as mundane as this......

especially when that tarp fills up with water and comes down 'all' at once. lol
 
L Gilbert
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

That would require a very large tarp and more energy than I have. While it would be an interesting exercise, I don't think
the Guiness book of World Records pay any money for records as mundane as this......

No neighborhood kids into climbing?
I'm not sure if the BoWR would pay or not. lol

Quote: Originally Posted by talloolaView Post

especially when that tarp fills up with water and comes down 'all' at once. lol

lol Wouldn't happen. Tipis are great for shedding water down the sides. Kind of like pyramids.
 
skookumchuck
#7
Sheesh! I wish you Nanaimo folks would let those trees get a bit bigger and shield us poor folk to the west of you.
 
L Gilbert
#8
I heard things are pretty messy over there. Winds gusting to 110. Power outages. Hope everyone is safe.
 
#juan
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

I heard things are pretty messy over there. Winds gusting to 110. Power outages. Hope everyone is safe.

A couple big trees went down on our street. I don't think anyone was hurt. We went down to the waterfront to watch
the waves. They were impressive. Wouldn't have wanted to be out in a small boat in that wind.
 
talloola
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

A couple big trees went down on our street. I don't think anyone was hurt. We went down to the waterfront to watch
the waves. They were impressive. Wouldn't have wanted to be out in a small boat in that wind.

we went out to watch the waves too, lots of others were there as well.
no power outages for us, but my daughter in deep bay lost power twice yesterday for long periods
of time, not sure about other daughter in merville.
nice this morning, sun shining, but the street is still wet from recent rain, but it is very calm
right now.
 

Similar Threads

63
Nanaimo
by vinoman5 | Mar 29th, 2013
62
Nanaimo, BC
by abmom | Mar 2nd, 2009
10
WARNING! WARNING! McCain alert!
by Stretch | Sep 5th, 2008
16
Bell Canada >> WARNING WARNING WARNING
by exbellcustomer | Jul 3rd, 2008
no new posts