Twelve High School Girls Suddenly Suffer from Uncontrollable Outbursts

spaminator
Twelve High School Girls Suddenly Suffer from Uncontrollable Outbursts Airdate : 1/17/2012

Twelve teenagers are at the center of a medical mystery. Why are twelve girls from an upstate New York high school suddenly suffering from uncontrollable body movements and verbal outbursts?

17-year-old Thera Sanchez's left arm flailed wildly as she and her friend Katie Krautwurst made a dramatic appearance with their moms on the Today show Tuesday.
"When these started, I was perfectly fine. I'm very angry. I'm very frustrated. No one is giving answers," said Sanchez.

The girls say they were perfectly fine until three months ago. That's when twelve girls began showing symptoms being compared to Tourette's Syndrome.

Sanchez said, "I just woke up and that's when the stuttering started."
Right after Sanchez had finished her Today show appearance an ambulance had to rush her to a hospital after she broke down right in the Rockefeller Center studio.

In one case of Tourette's Syndrome, a Montana man was in excruciating pain, his body contorting in agony, unable to control any of his movements, until he had electrodes implanted in his brain to help him lead a normal life.

In the case of the high school girls, health officials have ruled out possible causes like carbon monoxide and substance abuse. They held a meeting with worried parents to tell them the school is safe. One of the girls could be heard on the video of the meeting crying out uncontrollably.

Some experts believe the girls are the victims of a kind of mass hysteria, and that the underlying cause is psychological, caused by stress.
INSIDE EDITION asked psychologist Dr. Jeff Gardere for his opinion about this medical mystery.
Gardere said, "There could some sort of psychological contagion where, either consciously or unconsciously, these girls are mimicking each other's symptoms."

News - Twelve High School Girls Suddenly Suffer from Uncontrollable Outbursts - InsideEdition.com (external - login to view)

L Gilbert
+1
Need Dr. House to assess the situation and find out that they all drank from the same water fountain that was being fed by a water source that was being infiltrated by BS from DC washrooms or local cathedral washrooms or something. lol

Seriously, there's a connection somewhere.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by L GilbertView Post

Need Dr. House to assess the situation and find out that they all drank from the same water fountain that was being fed by a water source that was being infiltrated by BS from DC washrooms or local cathedral washrooms or something. lol

I wonder if they have had the vaccine that they are giving girls over 16 against cervical cancer. It is causing all kinds of weird side effects.

karrie
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

I wonder if they have had the vaccine that they are giving girls over 16 against cervical cancer. It is causing all kinds of weird side effects.

Uhm, links? If you're talking abuot the HPV vaccine, you're already quite a ways off the mark because they start giving it a lot earlier than 16. And it's been proven remarkably safe.

Oh, they probably all sucked on the same something at some point..... bong, cock, fountain... something

Dexter Sinister
I agree there's gotta be some common factor connecting them all, but a cock seems unlikely. TWELVE of them? All showing symptoms starting at the same time? (At least that was the implication.) Some guy got blown a dozen times in the space of, what, no more than 24 hours? Either that was some serious orgy, or that guy knows something I want to know.

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

Uhm, links? If you're talking abuot the HPV vaccine, you're already quite a ways off the mark because they start giving it a lot earlier than 16. And it's been proven remarkably safe.

Oh, they probably all sucked on the same something at some point..... bong, cock, fountain... something

Say No to the HPV Vaccine | Today's Vancouver Woman (external - login to view)

Experts raise worries about HPV vaccine | CTV News

Gardasil Vaccine the Truth | The Truth About Gardasil | HPV Prevention with Gardasil | Gardasil Vaccine Side Effects | Gardasil Warning | Gardasil Dangers | Human Papillomavirus Quadrivalent (Types 6, 11, 16, and 1 Vaccine, Recombinant | Sick from

gerryh
+1

oh, they probably all sucked on the same something at some point..... Bong, cock, fountain... Something

karrie!!!!

JLM
Magic mushrooms??????????

Cliffy
Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

Shrooms won't cause that kind of reaction.

Cannuck

Even if it does cause the odd side effect, the chance of all these girls from the same school having issues would be so astronomically small it is not a realistic possibility. To the anti vaccine people, it's like arguing against their religion though so, good luck.

relic
+2
#11  Top Rated Post
Witches!!!!!

bluebyrd35
Quote: Originally Posted by relicView Post

Witches!!!!!

Wasn't the speculation that ergot poisoning caused the hysteria of the Salem witch trials?? I believe LSD was first isolated in rye affected by the fungus. Perhaps there is a similar cause for what is affecting these girls or maybe it is just because they are teenagers. It is a time when hormones can get out of their control.

They should be kept separately away from each other. This would at least prove whether it was a form of hysteria or something they all came in contact with.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

I agree there's gotta be some common factor connecting them all, but a cock seems unlikely. TWELVE of them? All showing symptoms starting at the same time? (At least that was the implication.) Some guy got blown a dozen times in the space of, what, no more than 24 hours? Either that was some serious orgy, or that guy knows something I want to know.

Just thinking about stuff that affects neurology and syphillis jumps out so I figured I'd throw it in. lol.

No, bad mushrooms cause liver failure, not neurological problems, last I heard.

L Gilbert

Yep.

Quote:

Dr. House wouldn't use that second term. Some prude you turned out to be. lol

Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter SinisterView Post

lol.

karrie

Yep.

Dr. House wouldn't use that second term. Some prude you turned out to be. lol

Well he's more than welcome to sit on his high horse

Yeah, those are all pretty typical vaccine articles (two being fearful that it would be unsafe once put into use, are more than 4 years old)...they don't amount to it being widely unsafe, it's been in use for more than four years now. Immune reactions happen unfortunately. They happen from perms, hair dyes, vaccines, vitamins, foods, perfumes, tattoos, artificial sweeteners, energy drinks, medications....the list is enormous. Nor do any of the side effects and statistics imply that the vaccine would fell 12 girls in one school with these neurological symptoms.

L Gilbert

Say No to the HPV Vaccine | Today's Vancouver Woman (external - login to view)

Although the PAP test is great for detection, it does nothing about prevention, acquisition, and treatment. And docs are using spectroscopy to detect cancers, as well now.
BTW, HPV causes more than just cervical cancer and both vaccines are preventative for more than just cervical cancer.
The author of that article needs to expand her knowledge a bit.

An article from 2007? Oh, that's informative. (sarcasm) You know how much things can change in the medical field from month to month let alone 5 years?
www.rho.org/files/CCA_HPV_vaccine_safety.pdf (external - login to view)

I don't suppose it has occurred to most people that a good diet accompanied by plenty of exercise is pretty crucial to fighting disease as well as lessening adverse effects of medicines.

One of the doctors researching these girls has come up with a diagnosis, mass hysteria: TODAY Health - Teen girls' mystery illness now has a diagnosis: mass hysteria (external - login to view)

karrie
After 3 months of searching for a reason, conversion disorder does sound pretty likely. But I'd be so hesitant to stop looking.

Retired_Can_Soldier
I blame facebook.

JLM

After 3 months of searching for a reason, conversion disorder does sound pretty likely. But I'd be so hesitant to stop looking.

Isn't conversion disorder when you get warm air up above and cold air down below?

karrie
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

I blame facebook.

Likely culprit... someone downloaded a virus into their programming.

Isn't conversion disorder when you get warm air up above and cold air down below?

No it's when you try to convert back and forth between metric and imperial. The end result is tics and outbursts of profanity.

L Gilbert

I wouldn't quit looking either.

No it's when you try to convert back and forth between metric and imperial. The end result is tics and outbursts of profanity.

Quite.

gore0bsessed
+1
Dancing Plague of 1518 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (external - login to view)

JLM

Likely culprit... someone downloaded a virus into their programming.

Yeah, I may have been thinking of inversion! Damned Alzheimers is acting up again.

I

Quite.

Righto, by Jove.

Ariadne
Hysteria

L Gilbert

Yeah, I may have been thinking of inversion! Damned Alzheimers is acting up again.

What do you mean "again"?

Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

Hysteria

? You looking for a definition?

Hysteria - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary (external - login to view)

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by AriadneView Post

Hysteria

You know the cure for that, right? lol.

L Gilbert
lol
Teasing is so much fun.

TenPenny

Girls over 16? Here in NB, it's given to girls 13 and 14.

spaminator
The Tourettes-Like Hysteria the Whole Country is Talking About Airdate : 1/20/2012

17-year-old Lydia Parker is now speaking out about the medical mystery that's shocking the nation.
She's one of the teenagers who can't stop shaking and jerking and it's made her life a living hell.

Parker told INSIDE EDITION's Les Trent, "I never have a break from it."
The teenager has a massive bruise on her face that she sustained after fainting and hitting her head.
Trent asked, "What happens when I hold this arm down?
"It just starts on the other side," Parker responded.

She's one of 12 girls from an upstate New York High School who suddenly began suffering uncontrollable body movements that have been compared to Tourette's Syndrome.
Most of the girls who suffered Tourette's-like symptoms at Leroy Central High School have returned to class. Parker, however, has been out of school for nearly three months.

She told Trent her condition came out of nowhere.

"I took a five minute nap on the floor and woke up and I was stuttering and I woke up my mom and she thought I was having an aneurysm or a stroke," she says.

Now Lydia's mom says she can't be left alone and has to stay in the house all day, "It's the strangest thing I've ever seen in my life, I have never heard of it in my life. It shocked me when it happened."

Two of Parker's friends, Thera Sanchez and Katie Krautwurst, made a dramatic appearance on the Today show earlier this week.
Just moments after their interview, Sanchez had to be rushed to a hospital.

So what could possibly be wrong with 12 seemingly healthy teenage girls?

Health officials have ruled out environmental causes and say their high school is safe.
Medical tests show they don't have Tourette's Syndrome.

INSIDE EDITION spoke to neurologist Dr. Laszlo Mechtler of the Dent Neurologic Institute in Buffalo, who has examined 11 of the 12 girls.

"Let me emphasize these children are not faking their symptoms, these are real symptoms but there's no structural abnormality in the brain that we can find," said Dr. Laszlo.

He says the girls are suffering from "Mass Psychogenic Illness," a rare kind of mass hysteria that's a psychological disorder, linked to stress, and usually found in teenage girls.

Parker doesn't buy the diagnosis.
Parker responded, "I think that's ridiculous. I left school in October, I haven't seen any of the girls since."

She hopes to start college in the fall, but only if her nightmare comes to an end.

"Hopefully it'll stop as fast as it happened," said Parker.

News - The Tourettes-Like Hysteria the Whole Country is Talking About - InsideEdition.com (external - login to view)