Marines and Honour

gerryh
+5
For those that seem to enjoy lowering themselves to the same level or lower as the ones they are condemning and fighting...... I say again......

There is no honour in pissing on your opponents body's.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

. My gawd you guys are nuts.

Well I seem to recall you saying a few times "welcome to the asylum"

Spade
Glad, Gawd's on our side.

captain morgan
Our deity has a perfect track record.... Just ask the last man standing

Spade
Do you think Gawd has precognition? Or just shows favouritism?

captain morgan
I think maybe it has more to do with infusing their magic powers into the guys that they back... In the end, whether it's Shiva or St. Winchester, the extra advantage they bestow is the real game-changer in this

Spade
Ah Gawds of Hosts (literally Armies). Cheers!

captain morgan
A cat needs its paw...

#juan
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Red herring. They were dead. The soldiers new exactly who they were. It's nothing more than a feeble attempt to defend the action.

Who knows. Maybe the Marines were avenging some buddies who were killed by a Taliban suicide bomber.
Sounds perfectly reasonable....

Cannuck
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

Glad, Gawd's on our side.

Buddy miller - With God on our Side - YouTube

ironsides
+2
Who knows what they were thinking when they did this, then to take pictures of themselves doing it. They ruined their lives for this, not worth the couple of laughs they got out of it.

DaSleeper
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by ironsidesView Post

Who knows what they were thinking when they did this, then to take pictures of themselves doing it. They ruined their lives for this, not worth the couple of laughs they got out of it.

I would think that post #2 pretty much explains it....But they were foolish in filming it...

Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Spade - War is not pretty - I was listening the other day to a fellow talking about this very incident.

You are in a firefight, now consider the highest point your adrenaline has ever been at, multiply it - Bullets whizzing, bombs blasting, people killed.
And boom it is over. Except that adrenaline is still pumping as that is how your body works - you are checking and you are OK - exhilarated you are alive. And that old adrenaline is still pumping thru your body -and everyone else's as well.
You all survived - These are the FFrs that tried to kill you and your buddies. Adrenaline is still maxed out.

Shxt happens.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Spade - War is not pretty - I was listening the other day to a fellow talking about this very incident.

You are in a firefight, now consider the highest point your adrenaline has ever been at, multiply it - Bullets whizzing, bombs blasting, people killed.
And boom it is over. Except that adrenaline is still pumping as that is how your body works - you are checking and you are OK - exhilarated you are alive. And that old adrenaline is still pumping thru your body -and everyone else's as well.
You all survived - These are the FFrs that tried to kill you and your buddies. Adrenaline is still maxed out.

Shxt happens.

There ya go, shyte happens..... and when you are under the influence your actions should be excused.

I'm sure Mai Lai was all about adrenalin too.

wulfie68
Quote: Originally Posted by #juanView Post

Who knows. Maybe the Marines were avenging some buddies who were killed by a Taliban suicide bomber.
Sounds perfectly reasonable....

With context some actions can become more understandable but pissing on someone's corpse isn't reasonable, even if they were a total scumbag in life.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by wulfie68View Post

With context some actions can become more understandable but pissing on someone's corpse isn't reasonable, even if they were a total scumbag in life.

Says something about those on this forum that defend the action, don't you think?

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryhView Post

I'm sure Mai Lai was all about adrenalin too.

I'm not sure comparing My Lai to pissing on a couple corpse's is quite on par.

Maybe not reasonable, but certainly understandable. If you have any idea of what a fire fight is like.

Says something about those on this forum that defend the action, don't you think?

Not really, since no one has defended it, but have merely tried to put it in perspective. It certainly doesn't say as much as your obsession with my race, and closet bigotry.

captain morgan

The 'context' in this conflict is highly subjective.... I believe that there are numerous arguments to be made that there is no 'reasonableness' (or highly questionable) in terms of the various atrocities committed by all groups that are party to this (these) events.

My take on this is akin to what Ironsides posted, but in the end, I see this as the pundits being highly selective in terms of what they wish to analyze and then provide a broad generalization in the absence of the macro view.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

Not really, since no one has defended it, but have merely tried to put it in perspective.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morganView Post

Good chance that you could probably charge $1,000 to an endless line of folks that would pay handsomely for a chance to have their pict taken pissing on anyone of these freaks.

Perhaps you best run along. You look sillier and sillier with each post you make. Maybe you can start a thread on how to make uniforms from the Army Navy discount bin.

captain morgan
+3

Perhaps you best run along. You look sillier and sillier with each post you make. Maybe you can start a thread on how to make uniforms from the Army Navy discount bin.

Is this the camo dress that you prefer to wear whilst trolling CC?

CDNBear
+2

Speaking of silly, maybe you could have picked a post that actually defended their actions, instead of the Captains observation/assertion.

That Justin Beiber forum you hang out at, certainly isn't helping your cognitive skills.

You'll have to excuse cannuck, he's not very bright. He doesn't understand context and the difference between someone dressed as a civilian to avoid detection, and someone wearing combat fatigues, BDU's, who separates himself from the general populace.

Such is the problem with small minded bigots, their thinking is far to narrowed to be of any worth.

This is more his style anyways...

Cannuck

No, I don't wear camo. That's CB's thing

JLM

You'll have to excuse cannuck, he's not very bright. He doesn't understand context and the difference between someone dressed as a civilian to avoid detection, and someone wearing combat fatigues, BDU's, who separates himself from the general populace.

Such is the problem with small minded bigots, their thinking is far to narrowed to be of any worth.

It's pretty hard to excuse Caschmuck, even the most brainless sometimes at least have the instict to keep their traps shut!

Cannuck

Speaking of silly, maybe you could have picked a post that actually defended their actions, instead of the Captains observation/assertion.

Please continue. Your dance is so very entertaining.

CDNBear
+1

No, I don't wear camo. That's CB's thing

I've only mentioned my fondness for RealTree AP HD a hundred times. Making your grasp of the obvious, nothing less than breathtaking.

Quote: Originally Posted by JLMView Post

It's pretty hard to excuse Caschmuck, even the most brainless sometimes at least have the instict to keep their traps shut!

A wise man speaks because he has something to say, cannuck speaks because he has to say something.

Please continue. Your dance is so very entertaining.

Just following your lead. You are the master of the use of fallacy, dodging and goal post shuffling and all.

BTW, Captains post, still isn't defending their actions. But feel free to ignore that and continue looking silly.

captain morgan

I was prepared to be a little more generous in Canuck's misunderstanding Bear.... Perhaps he rushed his 'camo preparations' at a too furious pace and miscalculated on the tuck-job... That might just impact blood flow or something.

Niflmir
+1
Urinating on corpses is a time honored tradition for showing opposing forces that the victors are morally superior. It has been going on since the dawn of history, but now we get to see this glorious celebration in the safety of our own homes. Even primates will urinate on the corpses of dead members of competing tribes.

They would be the ones being urinated on if they were not morally superior. After all, the victors write the history, and are therefore the morally correct, by the definition that they themselves write.

CDNBear
+1

I was prepared to be a little more generous in Canuck's misunderstanding Bear.... Perhaps he rushed his 'camo preparations' at a too furious pace and miscalculated on the tuck-job... That might just impact blood flow or something.

I've given cannuck far to many passes on his faulty logic, racism and fallacies. My generosity only goes so far.

He is an endless source of humour and entertainment though. The confusion between a warrior wearing a BDU to separate himself, as a combatant from the civilians around him, and people wearing camo apparel, was almost to hard for my sides to take. Especially after his racist post directed at me, in which he claimed Brad Larocque wasn't wearing a uniform.

Like I've said many times, he isn't very bright. Let alone as bright as he thinks he is.

Liberalman
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

BBC News - US military identifies all four 'urinating' Marines (external - login to view)

This should get the enemy's creative juices working and when that happens more innocent civillians die in our part of the world.

American military known for their friendly fire and smart as a brick.

This is a great day for the celebrated Marine Corp.

Semper Fi......

captain morgan
+1

I've given cannuck far to many passes on his faulty logic, racism and fallacies. My generosity only goes so far.

He is an endless source of humour and entertainment though. The confusion between a warrior wearing a BDU to separate himself, as a combatant from the civilians around him, and people wearing camo apparel, was almost to hard for my sides to take. Especially after his racist post directed at me, in which he claimed Brad Larocque wasn't wearing a uniform.

I saw that post and while I am in no way the poster-boy for forum manners, that was pretty low.

In the end, Canuck is pulling at straws and hoping that by virtue of one miniscule little technicality (in his eyes) that he can make an argument and extrapolate this vagary to support a losing position... Hence the over-posting of dresses with camo fabric.

Pretty sad, really.

lone wolf
+4
Drat!.... I suppose "shot and pissed on" is one of those favoured sayings gone politically incorrect now.