Marines and Honour

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Well it is clear that you attract them.

Really? How so?

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by CannuckView Post

Really? How so?

Appears you have had more than a few encounters with police, would that be correct?

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by GooberView Post

Appears you have had more than a few encounters with police, would that be correct?

If you mean while they are on duty, no, not more than anybody else around here. I do have chance to get to know most of the locals on a personal level through the fire dept, victims assistance and the golf course.

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

BBC News - US military identifies all four 'urinating' Marines (external - login to view)

Scout Sniper who urinated on Taliban has died

His three combat tours in Afghanistan had been boiled down to a 38-second video clip, played and replayed on YouTube more than a million times. In it, Rob Richards and three other Marine Corps snipers are seen urinating on the bodies of Taliban fighters they had just killed.

"Total dismay" were the words then-Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton used to describe the video when it surfaced on the Internet in January 2012. "Utterly deplorable," agreed then-Defense Secretary Leon Panetta. Richards's career in the military was finished.

More than two years later - long after the rest of the country had moved on to other scandals - Richards, 28, died at home and alone from an accidental painkiller overdose.

more

US Marine sniper is saluted as more than the 38-second video that defined him | Stuff.co.nz (external - login to view)

Tecumsehsbones
By the way, for those who missed it, the reason you punish this kind of behaviour is to prevent it from going further. Bitter experience has shown us that today's corpse-pisser, if unchecked, has a greater chance of becoming tomorrow's civilian-slaughterer.

Cannuck
I know on one of the other threads, lies were posted about a group of Muslims for the sole purpose of promoting hate and at least three people who claim to be ex-military took no issue with it. I wonder if this attitude is being taught in the military or is the military attracting people with this attitude.

Tecumsehsbones

I know on one of the other threads, lies were posted about a group of Muslims for the sole purpose of promoting hate and at least three people who claim to be ex-military took no issue with it. I wonder if this attitude is being taught in the military or is the military attracting people with this attitude.

Well, with a sample size of three, and judging by non-responses rather than responses, I find your methodology to be flawless.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

Well, with a sample size of three, and judging by non-responses rather than responses, I find your methodology to be flawless.

Well, there was only three in that particular thread. Given the history of this forum, it is a valid observation and concern

Tecumsehsbones

Well, there was only three in that particular thread. Given the history of this forum, it is a valid observation and concern

I'm sure you think it is.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by TecumsehsbonesView Post

I'm sure you think it is.

I do. That's why I brought it up. Not much gets by you.