Mayor Ford goes on diet, Twinkies maker goes bankrupt

DaSleeper
Toronto's mayor going on a diet
(external - login to view)

and........................

Twinkies Go Bankrupt (external - login to view)

Cliffy
They should market Twinkies as house insulation to expand their market. With a shelf life of about 200 years, they should be able to overcome their financial problems. They say that the only two things that would survive a nuclear holocaust would be Twinkies and cockroaches.

karrie
+1
#3  Top Rated Post
snopes.com: Twinkies Shelf Life (external - login to view)

One of my many 'pop trivia' annoyances is the twinkie myth... sorry Cliffy. lol.

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

Toronto's mayor going on a diet
(external - login to view)

and........................

Twinkies Go Bankrupt (external - login to view)

haha, too funny.

Cliffy
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by karrieView Post

snopes.com: Twinkies Shelf Life (external - login to view)

One of my many 'pop trivia' annoyances is the twinkie myth... sorry Cliffy. lol.

Snopes is an industry shill!

It is still mind blowing that anybody eats that crap.

karrie
Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

Snopes is an industry shill!

It is still mind blowing that anybody eats that crap.

I've never eaten a twinkie. I don't care for cakes/pastries much, least of all store bought ones.

SLM

I've never eaten a twinkie. I don't care for cakes/pastries much, least of all store bought ones.

Really? Not even when you were a kid?

I would, occassionally, get one in my school lunch when I was younger.

Course, you couldn't pay me to eat one now.

karrie
Nope, not even as a kid. I don't remember even seeing them in the grocery store. But, I grew up poor in a small farming community.

SLM

Nope, not even as a kid. I don't remember even seeing them in the grocery store.

You haven't missed much, lol.

Quote:

But, I grew up poor in a small farming community.

So did I, relatively speaking, for the most part.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1

I've never eaten a twinkie.

I've never eaten a twinkie either. I like the ladies.

TenPenny
I've never had a twinkie, and like karrie, don't even remember seeing them in stores. We have Vachon around here.

DurkaDurka
I've had a couple twinkies over the years, they're quite disgusting in my opinion. They're staples of vending machines here.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_SoldierView Post

I've never eaten a twinkie either. I like the ladies.

Someone around here has a license plate that reads 'Twinks'. I can only assume they don't know the other meaning. Or maybe they do.

Cliffy
I think I tried a Twinkie once. Growing up in Montreal we had access to all kinds of stuff like that. I preferred the Mae West with chocolate cake, cream filling and a chocolate coating. At 10 cents a piece, I ate a lot of those until I became aware about food quality. Haven't had one since the early 60s.

DaSleeper
There ya go....Everybody is fixated on the twinky headline....

And there I was fishin' for a cartoon or something from Mentalfloss....and nary a word from him

H
Hmmm....the mayor's house broken into last night...... and Mentalfloss not posting yet to-day......If I was inclined to start a rumour???????????????

spaminator
The T.W.I.N.K.I.E.S. Project (external - login to view)

Goober
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeperView Post

There ya go....Everybody is fixated on the twinky headline....

And there I was fishin' for a cartoon or something from Mentalfloss....and nary a word from him

H
Hmmm....the mayor's house broken into last night...... and Mentalfloss not posting yet to-day......If I was inclined to start a rumour???????????????

Chinese company bought the name, jobs transferred to China. To balance out the trade deficit Ford went on a diet. That was not enough so his brother joined in.

Spade
Much prefer Joe Louis!

Cannuck
Can't say I've ever eaten a twinkie either. When it comes to junk food I'll take salty over sweet any day. Gimme a bag of pretzels or some peanuts over a cookie.

GreenFish66
Ford's cuttin the Beef ? - Best initiative he's proposed so far....Best of luck to them ...

Would hate to get in their way...Especially in another couple weeks...When they gets real Hungry, ..Mean...grumpy..and start cravin' Any and all Meat ....Be it Red ...White ..Beef ..Pork..Fish ..Xtra Lean cusines... with an Xtra side order of Greens......All would be wise to stand clear....

I'll stand behind them on this one....

Here's hopin' any twinkle in their eyes in the next comin' weeks is for a Twinkie( sorry....got off topic)
Last edited by GreenFish66; Jan 11th, 2012 at 11:26 PM..

gopher
Ch 11 means Hostess debts are being restructured. Luckily, it does not mean the company ended and the products removed from the market. While I normally do my own baking, every once in a blue moon I do succumb to the temptation of a couple of irresistible Twinkies.

Ah, yum!

mentalfloss
Ghostbusters - Big Twinkie - YouTube (external - login to view)

GreenFish66
On a lighter note ...Fords' have lost 19lbs already ...

.: Cut The Waist Challenge :. (external - login to view) - Keepin' track of Major Ford and Bros. Waist cuttin' Progress.

Cheers to the Fords' .Best of luck !(Cheersin' the Fords challenge with a Slimfast Shake, with a cherry on top ..Of course )

- P.M. Harper,.Parlimentarians.You join the Challenge yet ?...
Last edited by GreenFish66; Jan 25th, 2012 at 03:13 AM..