Mountain Dew Turns Mice Into Jelly

MHz
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by SpadeView Post

If Dew exterminates mice, I\ll buy a flat of 48!

Where do you live that you have so many? If domestic cats can't solve the rodent problem then dogs are the solution, coyotes and foxes being the best at keeping rodents from Prairie Dogs down low in numbers. It is a self regulating relationship and coyotes only take real babies when they are left more exposed than the chickens in the hen-house. (equal to leaving them alone in the mall while you go for a beer or two)
Get a ferret and then you have control of your guests also. Some people would stand up to a German Shepherd in a fight, threaten to throw a ferret into their face and they start to imagine the critter getting under their very skin by eating it's way, and they hunt mice.

Spade
+1
Shadowshiv requires dental records.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpyView Post

Wow I just finished a pop, and I am left to wonder how many mice fall into the pop
vats that never make it into cans or bottles? I won't be doing the pop thing for a
while, till i can get past the images.

A certain amount of "protein" is acceptable in all food products.

Spade
Quote: Originally Posted by MHzView Post

Where do you live that you have so many? If domestic cats can't solve the rodent problem then dogs are the solution, coyotes and foxes being the best at keeping rodents from Prairie Dogs down low in numbers. It is a self regulating relationship and coyotes only take real babies when they are left more exposed than the chickens in the hen-house. (equal to leaving them alone in the mall while you go for a beer or two)
Get a ferret and then you have control of your guests also. Some people would stand up to a German Shepherd in a fight, threaten to throw a ferret into their face and they start to imagine the critter getting under their very skin by eating it's way, and they hunt mice.

Lack of snow cover accentuates problem. Please send ferrets and coyotes.

PS
Do you have any owls surplus to your needs?

Pixie and Dixie and Mr. Jinks - Judo Jack (195 - YouTube

MHz
+1

PS
Do you have any owls surplus to your needs?

That requires rebuilding forests and all that extra work. Perhaps a fleet of the new heat activated snares (throwing arm doubles as a clay pigeon tossed at the gun range would better suit your needs. (the motion sensor ones would enter a game of standoff more often than not) That same style could be used as a base for a business if you traveled a yearly route clearing the land of gophers, perhaps In the late fall so they do not recover over the winter.

Spade
Brilliant idea! Have you called the producers of "Dragons' Den"?

MHz
+1
How about I keep working on the nuts and bolt end and you get in touch of them and we split it 85/15. 15% for me, 85% for you. Do you prefer copper snare wire or piano wire?
Since you are in the marketing end you may as well market the one for wild pigs (reality TV currently carries two such shows), rather than run each one down individually you use a larger snare with a screw anchor and some stainless steel rigging wire used for the snare-wire. All you would need to do is build a chicane they had to walk down and have the snare there. Even a trip-beam and a net might work in some cases, either way the hunt is happening 24/7 and it can go on until extermination if that is the goal. Snares are not intended to have the catch remain alive so forget selling the catch as food.
Still working on the one that self-loads after a catch, so far 1 seems to be it as things gets moved around in the moments after the snare is first sprung. A water hole would be a good place to set up many that are baited and modified so only pigs could get in. (as would be the case with any model)

The Dragon's Den guys insisted the snares go for the ankle rather than the neck, I can see their point but I couldn't see their point in having a bunch of 'humanly captured' ones that lose the limb the snare gets attached to. That is what a snare does, it cuts off the blood flow in such a war as to not be able to be loosened once it is initially tightened. They seemed to miss that point so negotiations failed at that point.
Last edited by MHz; Jan 5th, 2012 at 02:55 PM..

Spade
Copper enamelled wire #40

MHz

Copper enamelled wire #40

Goody, we can build various generators when we aren't out clearing the land of gophers. Is that 36 or 48 volts or will that be the transmission?

Spade
Receiver

MHz
Something tells me it's going to be awhile before the cheque is in the mail

shadowshiv
Quote: Originally Posted by SLMView Post

She looks so lonely, lol.

It's a date. Sans the jellied mice please, I'm not that kinky.

*puts the jellied mice back on the shelf*

What did you want instead of the mice.?

Shadowshiv requires dental records.

(from an episode of The Simpsons)

"Dental Plan!"

"Lisa Needs Braces!"

"Dental Plan!"

"Lisa Needs Braces!"

CDNBear
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshivView Post

Where's Bear and his sexual innuendos?

I guess I'll have to dew.

I was busy working on my sleds.

Quote: Originally Posted by CliffyView Post

He's probably fishing.

Not yet. No ice on the lake.

Ice.

There's big business in ice, but only during the holidays.

eh1eh
If you ate a mouse your stomach acid would dissolve it into component elements so your intestines can absorb the nutrients on a molecular level. Just to pull that together for everyone, your stomach acid is in your stomach. How can some sugar water hurt your stomach? Rot your teeth fo' sho' and maybe help you get diabetes but that's probably all it could do.

SLM
+2

*puts the jellied mice back on the shelf*

What did you want instead of the mice.?

You know, it's always easier if I just list my turn offs, since it's a smaller list.

So here we go: Jellied mice in Mountain Dew.

Back to you.

Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBearView Post

I was busy working on my sleds.

Yes but you left me innuendo-less.

It was a lonely place.

CDNBear
+1

It was a lonely place.

My bad. I'll put together a list of appropriate innuendo and pass it on to a trusted member to use when ice season takes my attention away form the forum.

I hope that helps,

Cliffy
+1

It was a lonely place.

Now you know where you stand on the priority list.

One does not live by innuendo alone.

CDNBear

Well she already knew where she sat on Bear...

Spade
Turn on ... shortening bread
Short'nin Bread by "The Blisters" - YouTube (external - login to view)

SLM
+1

My bad. I'll put together a list of appropriate innuendo and pass it on to a trusted member to use when ice season takes my attention away form the forum.

I hope that helps,

That would be helpful. But I will always find a way to amuse myself regardless.

Although the way this winter is going, don't know how much of an ice season you might be seeing. It's like spring out there today.

It's quality, not quantity that counts.

Quote:

One does not live by innuendo alone.

Don't I know it!

Well she already knew where she sat on Bear...

You promised you'd never tell!

Spade
More Dew drops...
Mountain Dew Mixes Modern Warfare 3, Dallas Cowboys Stadium And Those Famous Cheerleaders - Forbes (external - login to view)
Last edited by Spade; Jan 7th, 2012 at 04:25 PM..

shadowshiv

You know, it's always easier if I just list my turn offs, since it's a smaller list.

So here we go: Jellied mice in Mountain Dew.

Back to you.

I'm not on your list of turn offs! YAY!

SLM
+1

I'm not on your list of turn offs! YAY!

Nope, you're on my A-list!

TenPenny
I notice an article on the Globe and Mail's website, there is not enough acid in a can of Mountain Dew to dissolve a mouse.

However, if you read the article, that isn't actually what they claimed:
"As Dr. McGill explains, if a mouse is submerged in a fluid with the acidity of Mountain Dew, after 4 to 7 days in the fluid the mouse will have no calcium in its bones and bony structures, the mouse's abdominal structure will rupture, and its cranial cavity (head) is also likely to rupture... By 30 days of exposure to the fluid, all of the mouse's structures will disintegrate to the point where the structures (excepting possibly a portion of the tail) will not be recognizable and, therefore, the animal itself will not be recognizable. Instead, after 30 days in the fluid, the mouse will have been transformed into a 'jelly-like' substance."

That statement refers to a 'fluid with the acidity of Mountain Dew', which doesn't even address the question of whether it is the same acid or not, simply the same pH level, and furthermore, there is no mention of how much of this 'fluid' they are talking about. It's the kind of scientific claim that would only be used in a legal trial, hoping that whoever hears it doesn't actually understand what is being said and not said.

Spade
More to Dew in science than I ever thought. Thanks TenPenny.

shadowshiv
+1

Nope, you're on my A-list!

You made my day! Thank you.

spaminator
+1

You made my day! Thank you.

meh. your on my a++ list.

SLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminatorView Post

meh. your on my a++ list.

Kiss up!

Cliffy
+1

Kiss up!

Not exactly the expression I would have used.

SLM
+1

Not exactly the expression I would have used.

I was not aiming for nasty though, just cheeky.

no new posts